Acrophobia 27: Hypotheticals - Round 5: Vote/Round 6: Submit

Raisin' Bran

Round 1 Authors and Results

1 Sandor- Sorry recreant  Davos- What? Sandor- You arse.   PyroclasticFlow   1+1=2

2 Davos- Stannis! Rightful…  Sandor- Woof! Yammering ass!   Dolorous Gabe 1+1+1+3+2=8

3 Sandor- Stannis' red whore?! Yep…arsonist!   Rocksniffer                               1+1+2=4

4 Sandor- Surrender!  Davos- Remember where you are.   Howlin' Howland     1+1+3+3+3+1+2+1+4=19

5 Sandor- Smuggler! R'hllor wants your arse!   Fragile Bird                                 1+1+2+3+1=8

6 Davos- Sandor, really? Weren't you "assassinated"?   lil' ghost                        1+1+2=4

7 Sandor- So. R'hllor? What're you, asinine?   Lady Blizzardborn                       1+1+1+3=6

8 Sandor- Stannis' Red Woman… YIKES!  Davos- Amen.   Castellan                1+1+1+2+1+3+2=11

9 Davos- Stannis'll retake Westeros. Sandor: Yeah… Alarming   Julia H.           1+1+2+1+2+3+1+3=14

Standings

1. Howlin' Howland   19
2. Julia H.                  14
3. Castellan               11
4. Dolorous Gabe       8
4. Fragile Bird             8
6. Lady Blizzardborn  6
7. Rocksniffer             4
7. lil' ghost                  4
9. PyroclasticFlow      2

After a grueling first round with entries that varied in tone about as much as the players varied in location, Howlin' Howland registers a decisive victory with a reminder of the sanctity of the guest right. In second, Julia H. comes back strong from her hiatus. But one round does not win a war. There is plenty of ground to make up the in the following 5 rounds.

Round 2- Voting Catelyn Stark with Arianne Martell

1. Catelyn: Insides twisting... keen agony...
    Arianne: A nibble for two? 
    Catelyn: Wise princess!

2. Catelyn: I think "kings" are aggravating! 
    Arianne: Noted...father's too!
    Catelyn: Wanna partner?

3. Catelyn: I think King's announcement arises neutrality.
    Arianne: Fighting, that's what's promised.

4. Catelyn: I'm thinking kingdoms again. 
    Arianne: A northern friendship to win power?

5. Arianne: Importuning tenacious kings? 
    Catelyn: Another abortive notion.
    Arianne: Female talk?
    Catelyn: With pleasure.

6. Catelyn: I'd try "knowing" Arys, Arianne...*nods*.
    Arianne: Fornicating? T'would work, perfectly!

7. Arianne: Interesting tournament! Knights are always nice - fascinating - to watch.
    Catelyn: Presumably.

8. Arianne: Iron Throne King alternative? 
    Catelyn: Alliances needed. Factions trash winning potential.

9. Catelyn: Is the King avoiding attacking northwards?
    Arianne: Foolish tournament's willful procrastination.

Please vote for 3 entries

Voting ends Friday 10 February 23:55 UTC

Round 3 Beauty and the Imp

Tyrion Lannister is locked in a tower cell of the Red Keep awaiting trial for the murder of King Joffrey Baratheon. Thinking that it might be good for his brother to talk with someone who knows all about being ridiculed, shunned, and being accused of regicide, Lord Commander Jaime Lannister arranges for Brienne, the Maid of Tarth, to visit Tyrion one afternoon. What is said between the two outcasts?

Your acronym:

I O T B M F

Deadline for submissions: Friday 10 February 2017, 23:55 UTC

2 hours ago, Raisin' Bran said:

It was brought to my attention that a recount of the voting was needed. The recount yielded an error and a reversal of the of first and second place for the round. Howlin' Howland is in first with Julia H. in second.

Whoever did that recount, thank you.  I probably should've done that myself.

1. 8. Arianne: Iron Throne King alternative? 
        Catelyn: Alliances needed. Factions trash winning potential.

2. 4. Catelyn: I'm thinking kingdoms again. 
        Arianne: A northern friendship to win power?

3. 9. Catelyn: Is the King avoiding attacking northwards?
        Arianne: Foolish tournament's willful procrastination.

1st.    7.   Funny, I waited a few days to vote. At first I dismissed this entry, but the more I thought about it the more I could not see an alliance between the North and Dorne, and the more this seemed realistic.

2nd.   2.  It made me laugh.

3rd.   5.  Female talk seems realistic.

ETA:  I also want to say I was first drawn to the alliance entries, because they are well written, but after reading the entries over for the umpteenth time I was suddenly struck by the idea that maybe Arianne would not want an alliance with the North. Which is richly ironic, of course, since we all know Jon Snow is a Targaryen and her father wanted an alliance with Dany.

Archived