US Politics - or: How I Learned to Love the Atomic Don

Martell Spy

58 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

It doesn't. No more the the US has any right to get pissy if the countries of Latin America choose to have stronger ties with China. To the extent the US wants to blunt those ties, it can offer up better policies, to include less interventionism.

Using Mexico as an example: With threats of wall building and the anti-Mexican rhetoric coming out of some quarters, it would be hard to blame the Mexicans for getting a little nervous and looking to find a counter balance elsewhere.

There is no reason though why the US and Mexico shouldn't be able to develop a good relationship that benefits both countries. Unfortunately, some people seem to determine to fuck that up.

So we have Trump bullying Mexico and Putin doing it with the Baltic countries. Now wonder these guys love each other so much. Putin and Trump. What a pair.

I'm rather less than fond of both those individuals.

Fez, Zabzie, OGE,

Okay, I'm the last person who could provide them with a toehold in SC.  My tensy tiny 1/2 acre lot built in 1963 just will not provide a much room for a military presence in SC.  Further, while I love barbeque no one else in my family does so it is a rarity for it to be prepared in this location.  

:(

Okay, I'm the last person who could provide them with a toehold in SC.  My tensy tiny 1/2 acre lot built in 1963 just will not provide a much room for a military presence in SC.  Further, while I love barbeque no one else in my family does so it is a rarity for it to be prepared in this location.  

Well you should be good, until Trump uses eminent domain and gives your land to the Russians.

15 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Further, while I love barbeque no one else in my family does so it is a rarity for it to be prepared in this location.  

I think if I was on the Russian General Staff, I would be planning to by-pass your home.

18 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Fez, Zabzie, OGE,

Perhaps your half acre will become a small landlocked country, a bastion of reason and tolerance.  You would have to change your handle to King Scot though.

20 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Fez, Zabzie, OGE,

Two words, one hyphenated: Multi-level basements.

That 1/2 acre goes down miles.

I think the Russian are over playing their hand here.  The dossier is unverifiable and one part related to Trump's lawyer has been shown to be false.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/putin-says-that-people-who-push-the-buzzfeed-dossier-are-worse-than-prostitutes/

Putin went on to say that Trump “has been with the most beautiful women in the world, so why would he need prostitutes in Moscow?” He went on to deny that Russia collected information on Trump, as well as the accusations that he commissioned cyberattacks against the Democratic National Committee.

Acting like your Spy Agency is totally incompetent is one thing.  This flattery is strongly signaling there is something even if it is not the dossier that been released.

Any guess if and when Trump will tweet about this?

7 minutes ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

I think the Russian are over playing their hand here.  The dossier is unverifiable and one part related to Trump's lawyer has been shown to be false.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/putin-says-that-people-who-push-the-buzzfeed-dossier-are-worse-than-prostitutes/

And what's his problem with prostitutes?

3 hours ago, Chaircat Meow said:

You try making a military alliance with Russia or China then. The US will be coming for you, and this time very successfully, I would imagine.

Edit: Oops.I was trying to quote TrueMetis here, not Ser Scot.

The US's ability to attempt something in no way gives the US a right to something.

1 hour ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Perhaps your half acre will become a small landlocked country, a bastion of reason and tolerance.  You would have to change your handle to King Scot though.

If he can get his wife and kids to vote for him, couldn't he be President Scot or Prime Minister Scot instead? :)

Archived