Westeros Fantasy Baseball 2017

Week

17 minutes ago, Week said:

Yeah, I don't disagree. I remember feeling pretty mixed about it the one time we tried it (or maybe I tried it in another league..)

Agree with Bronn. Don't like holds. Happy with QS over Wins. Don't mind the idea of taking the 7th SP and turning it into a P. I like being able to get some ratio relief without having to luck into a pitcher that has SP/P ability.

40 days until the season starts - I can do about any time other than 3/23-3/26.

Can people do either an evening 3/17 - 3/19 or 3/31 - 4/1 (4/2 is opening day)

I'm on vacation March 25th to April 1st.  So I guess we're looking at some time in the March 13th to March 22nd range for the draft.  Can everyone please post to let us know if any of these days doesn't work for you.

Monday March 13th
Tuesday March 14th
Wednesday March 15th
Thursday March 16th
Friday March 17th
Saturday March 18th
Sunday March 19th
Monday March 20th
Tuesday March 21st
Wednesday March 22nd

On 2/22/2017 at 1:58 PM, Whiskeyjack said:

I'm on vacation March 25th to April 1st.  So I guess we're looking at some time in the March 13th to March 22nd range for the draft.  Can everyone please post to let us know if any of these days doesn't work for you.

Monday March 13th
Tuesday March 14th
Wednesday March 15th
Thursday March 16th
Friday March 17th
Saturday March 18th
Sunday March 19th
Monday March 20th
Tuesday March 21st
Wednesday March 22nd

@Bronn Stone
 @grozeng
 @fuentez1138
 @Arch-MaesterPhilip
@JJ Lannister
@Mexal

Thursday's don't work for me as I'm traveling. Monday's tend to be bad cause I'm always really exhausted from waking up early and baseball drafts tend to start late and end late. So any Tuesday, Wednesday would be good. Should be ok with 18th/19th too, not sure what the plans are at this point.

3 hours ago, Week said:

Wednesday 3/22 then? 

Switch out one of the SP for P too - otherwise I think we're good

Yeah Wed March 22nd seems like it works.  I think 9 p.m. eastern start should be okay?

Why the change to the roster spots?  The impact of moving to a general P spot is that it allows for 4 closers on a team, which will increase the cost of closers at the draft - something I'd rather avoid if possible. 

30 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Yeah Wed March 22nd seems like it works.  I think 9 p.m. eastern start should be okay?

Why the change to the roster spots?  The impact of moving to a general P spot is that it allows for 4 closers on a team, which will increase the cost of closers at the draft - something I'd rather avoid if possible. 

I'm for a generalist P roster spot because as it is every single year WJ ends up with 4 closers because he finds the one closer who Yahoo bizarrely insists should have SP eligibility all season. I don't know how you do it (although my knowing only 5 closers in baseball these days might be an impediment), but I'm against it! Even the playing field! :commie:

Week and I talked about it, and I actually came out of the discussion even more strongly against using a Pitcher spot. 

It's going to lead to more competition over closers, and more people hoarding 'next in line' setup men.  Creating an arms race for saves where I have to follow closer news is pretty much the opposite of what I want out of this league. 

Also don't want to be using bench spots on future closers.  We have a max of 30 roster spots on Yahoo, so if you've got 4 relievers in your lineup and possibly more on your bench, that's a lot of space you can't use for starters and hitters. 

Would rather just keep it simple and use the rules from the last couple years.

4 hours ago, Jaime L said:

I'm for a generalist P roster spot because as it is every single year WJ ends up with 4 closers because he finds the one closer who Yahoo bizarrely insists should have SP eligibility all season. I don't know how you do it (although my knowing only 5 closers in baseball these days might be an impediment), but I'm against it! Even the playing field! :commie:

Figuring that out takes about 5 minutes of work.

Now compare it to what you'll need to do if there's an extra spot that can be used on a reliever.  Where you'd either need to invest extra money on closers at the draft to make sure you get 3-4 good ones that you can rely on, or you'd need to spend more time researching closers throughout the year to make sure you get the next guy who is about to take over a job. 

Archived