Westeros Fantasy Baseball 2017

Week

3) Personally, I'd be okay with pushing back the draft by 30-45 minutes, if it means you can show up on time.  Not sure how people on the East coast would feel about that though.  Guessing it would be okay for Groz, since he always wants it as late as possible. 

So is it decided? When will draft start on Wednesday 9:30 or 9:45pm ET?

Sorry, have been absent. 

Every year I always ask for the P spot because I like the middle reliever that comes in and gets 3 Ks and no walks.  But am fine with whatever the group decided on and probably best I was not here because then it would have been tied and more debate.

And thanks for moving the draft back.  My daughter's soccer practice ends at 9pm, so 9:45 is perfect for me.  Otherwise I was going to be auto-auctioning for the first 30 minutes,

Sort of happy with my team, but less than I would have hoped.  Feel like I was a bit thrown off by getting Mookie at the start - great player, but didn't really fit with my strategy, and I ended up adjusting at a couple of other positions to compensate.  Also probably spent too much on young upside OF instead of getting more reliable established players - feel like I had a lot of success doing that last year, and went away from it this year for some reason.

C - W.Contreras
1B - E.Encarnacion
2B - N.Walker
SS - T.Story
3B - N.Arenado
CI - T.Joseph
MI - B.Miller
OF - M.Betts, G.Polanco, Y.Tomas, C.Granderson, N.Mazara
UT - A.Benintendi, D.Dahl

Bench - J.Bour, M.Semien, B.Buxton

SP - J.Lester, J.deGrom, K.Hendricks, A.Nola, J.Ross, J.Cotton, D.Pomeranz, L.Lynn, A.Wood, T.Glasnow
RP - S.Dyson, N.Feliz, B.Kintzler

Feel like I'm very strong at C, 1B, SS, 3B, and a couple OF spots, and really like my pitching.  But weak at 2B and CI, and the back half of my OF is a bunch of question marks that could either be awesome or could disappoint.

I think I like my team.  Went in with 2 players I really wanted to get.  1 expensive and 1 cheap.  Machado and Pineda.  Probably overpaid for both.  But really like Machado's SS eligibility and Pineda is worth more with K/BB as a category in my opinion (but thought I would get him around $5).  Also, really wanted Bird and Maikel Franco.  Pissed I took Sano for 7 when Franco went for 4.  I had Franco higher but both over $10.  Also probably spent too much on pitching, but I like my pitching a lot.  And Reyes can hopefully fill in while Kipnis is hurt

C - S. Vogt (not sure who he is - but he was the highest ranked catcher I had at the time)
1B - M. Cabrera
2B - J. Kipnis
SS - M. Machado
3B - A. Rendon
CI - M. Sano
MI - D. Pedroia
OF - K. Davis, J. Upton, K. Calhoun, J. Bautista, E. Thames
UT - C. Santana, M. Holliday

Bench - S. Choo, J. Reyes, K. Kiermaier, B. McCann (because I have no idea if Vogt is good), B. Moss

SP - C. Sale, S. Strasburg, C. Carrasco, M. Pineda, T. Skaggs, G. Gonzalez, W. Chen, M. Andriese
RP - K. Jansen, R. Osuna, C. Bedrosian

47 minutes ago, grozeng said:

I think I like my team.  Went in with 2 players I really wanted to get.  1 expensive and 1 cheap.  Machado and Pineda.  Probably overpaid for both.  But really like Machado's SS eligibility and Pineda is worth more with K/BB as a category in my opinion (but thought I would get him around $5).  Also, really wanted Bird and Maikel Franco.  Pissed I took Sano for 7 when Franco went for 4.  I had Franco higher but both over $10.  Also probably spent too much on pitching, but I like my pitching a lot.  And Reyes can hopefully fill in while Kipnis is hurt

C - S. Vogt (not sure who he is - but he was the highest ranked catcher I had at the time)
1B - M. Cabrera
2B - J. Kipnis
SS - M. Machado
3B - N.Arenado
CI - M. Sano
MI - D. Pedroia
OF - K. Davis, J. Upton, K. Calhoun, J. Bautista, E. Thames
UT - C. Santana, M. Holliday

Bench - S. Choo, J. Reyes, K. Kiermaier, B. McCann (because I have no idea if Vogt is good), B. Moss

SP - C. Sale, S. Strasburg, C. Carrasco, M. Pineda, T. Skaggs, G. Gonzalez, W. Chen, M. Andriese
RP - K. Jansen, R. Osuna, C. Bedrosian

I like your optimism in adding Arenado to your team without any trade talks, but you can't just leave Sano there too.  You've got to at least give me him and an OF.  :P

1 hour ago, Whiskeyjack said:

I like your optimism in adding Arenado to your team without any trade talks, but you can't just leave Sano there too.  You've got to at least give me him and an OF.  :P

That's great.  Would have been better if it was intentional. 

Blockbuster deal

I get Jharel Cotton

WJ gets Peraza

I had depth of scrubby MIs (Andrus, Saladino, Ramirez) and coveted Cotton - so, correcting a draft mistake by me.

Open to other deals if people want to get some OF depth in exchange for a an IF upgrade.

So we've got our first trade.  I get Jose Peraza, Week gets Jharel Cotton. 

Gives me some speed and another option at 2B/MI to try to fix that situation.  Gives him a high upside arm.  Not the guy I wanted to trade, but didn't have much choice.

And a second trade.  Been a fun start to the season, even if they're just minor deals. 

I get Javier Baez
Pyro gets Curtis Granderson

Think it makes sense, even if I already addressed 2B/MI with Peraza.  Feel way better about the position now that I've got Baez/Peraza/Walker/Miller for 2B and MI.  Probably actually have one too many guys there now, and could use another OF to replace Granderson.  But moving pieces around is fun, so probably a good thing.

If anybody wants to deal, let me know.

On 3/24/2017 at 2:45 PM, Tywin et al. said:

You've got to be a masochist if you enjoy playing fantasy baseball. 

There, I got my hot take in! 

I love working in excel and data visualization. Fantasy baseball is one of my lesser masochistic endeavors.

Archived