Bran must die, for our bittersweet ending (Long)

KingHimes

Everybody loves a happy ending, but from what Martin has told us we n't in for that.  And there's a very clear reason for that, what exactly would bring a happy ending to asoiaf??   With the very clear picture Martin has painted us, we know that a happy ending is only from the side who wins. Fire wins, Daenerys, her dragons, Melisandre, destroys all the white walkers and win, and save a good chunk of humanity.  Well that's the story that all of us could get behind...because we are human...

But what of the white walkers, are they not living things because of some beastly qualities? If it was humanity slaughtering I feel many an opinions would change and differ in the winner.  But They are white walkers you say, duh...But they started as humans and none of them were given a choice.  They are kiling their enemies just as humans do theirs, except they don't kill their own.  I don't think it's because they don't have power struggles, arguments or ill feelings, although they are living feeling beings.   (When they get hurt, they feel it, not sure what else they feel, but probably 100× the internal pain for being something they didn't choose.

I think they don't fight because they believe in their King and what he showed them.  This is the only part that ties in with the show, that we have learned The Night's King can greensee and warg the dead.  Both very powerful abilities and with Lands of always winter, and the WW nor their dead need to eat, it makes me wonder why did they feel the need to head south?  To kill all man, woman and child alive?  I'm not buying that, it wasn't humans who betrayed them. 

Do you think they want to be Lords with money, fame and power??  No

Maybe revenge on the children?  Very possible but I think it's something completely else. 

I think that the white walkers are moving out because, they know if they don't, then the history of Westoros will be wiped clean forever.

Every man , woman and child wishes that they rewrite their own history to make a happy ending, especially those like myself who have felt real pain from real loss, I'd much rather been murdered at the time than feel that but...

Almost every living being wants to be alive over dead, but even those who wish for death, still know in their hearts they would rather have been a part of life at all than never was.

Well that's where the children and Bran come in.  The two great plot twists will be the joining of Ice and fire, as in walkers and dead fighting side by side with dragons and the living. 

And why the he'll would that make sense?  It leads to our bittersweet ending.  Poor poor bran only ever wanted to be a knight but he ended up crippled.  He was a sweet innocent boy who didn't want to live as a cripple, so he grew hateful.  He grew hateful through everything his family endeared.  But what kept him going?  A great power he had, ability to greensee, ability to warg animals.  Then he grew stronger and he could literally warg humans, and even stronger he could affect the past.  

It will all start out innocent enough, but as we see every time Bran gets more curious more people die.  After he opens all of his power than we all know what will happen.

We all know power can corrupt even the greatest man, well how about being the most powerful living being on Westeros? A God. There is nobody ever that could handle all that without it affecting them for the worse, because all living beings have feelings, and feelings are what drive us all.  I believe eventually he will be so wrought with darkness that he will wish to wipe it all away, as in all of history to start again

This is exactly what the children want.  Before the first men came and slaughtered them, they lived happily and peacefully.  Then they made the walkers to fight for them, but the walkers were so hateful for going from human to beast, that they turned on everyone.  So more children died and human too until the children needed humans to survive.

So now we have come to our final chapter, the song of ice and fire having to join against the children and Bran.  I believe Bran will be deep under the Gods eye by the end.

Nobody is absolute good or evil they are merely fighting for what they feel is right.

I believe Meera will be Azor Again as she plunges her sword into her nissa nissa, Bran.  She will burn away the darkness and all the children and magic will end.

And we will all be told this great story by Samwell Tarley.  

You're making a lot of assumptions about the Others based on very little evidence. In fact, most of your evidence and support seems to come from the show which (though I personally enjoy it) is vastly different to the books at this point. First off; in the books, we have no idea if Bran can affect the past. I believe he will be able to see the past, and have some degree of influence (The Hodor thing from the show makes too much sense to be incorrect entirely) but I very much doubt he will have the ability to do anything more than that.

Second, I very much doubt the Others will team up with the living. Your argument that they just want Bran and to stop history from being wiped out falls apart at the fact that the Others are attacking everyone, and no way is Jon or Dany or whoever else is left going to team up with them.

Also....Bran is Meera's Nissa Nissa? Really? I know she cares about Bran a lot, no denying that but in the books she's Robb's age. As in, more than seven years older than him. I doubt she has romantic interest in him. Plus, the PTWP/Azor Ahai is going to be Aegon/Jon/Dany. Probably Jon because he is, in all likelihood, the result of ice and fire (Stark= ice, Targaryen= fire)

Last point, at this point, I don't think we even know if the Others have a King.

The bitter sweet will be Arya giving up her child and love to take her place as queen.

Bitter because it's her child and love she's giving up. Sweet because her marrying into the Iron Throne will unite the realm again after it splits into northern and southern kingdoms. And sweet because by that time Queen Arya will be the best hope for the realm.

9 hours ago, KingHimes said:

Everybody loves a happy ending, but from what Martin has told us we n't in for that.  And there's a very clear reason for that, what exactly would bring a happy ending to asoiaf??   With the very clear picture Martin has painted us, we know that a happy ending is only from the side who wins. Fire wins, Daenerys, her dragons, Melisandre, destroys all the white walkers and win, and save a good chunk of humanity.  Well that's the story that all of us could get behind...because we are human...

But what of the white walkers, are they not living things because of some beastly qualities? If it was humanity slaughtering I feel many an opinions would change and differ in the winner.  But They are white walkers you say, duh...But they started as humans and none of them were given a choice.  They are kiling their enemies just as humans do theirs, except they don't kill their own.  I don't think it's because they don't have power struggles, arguments or ill feelings, although they are living feeling beings.   (When they get hurt, they feel it, not sure what else they feel, but probably 100× the internal pain for being something they didn't choose.

I think they don't fight because they believe in their King and what he showed them.  This is the only part that ties in with the show, that we have learned The Night's King can greensee and warg the dead.  Both very powerful abilities and with Lands of always winter, and the WW nor their dead need to eat, it makes me wonder why did they feel the need to head south?  To kill all man, woman and child alive?  I'm not buying that, it wasn't humans who betrayed them. 

Do you think they want to be Lords with money, fame and power??  No

Maybe revenge on the children?  Very possible but I think it's something completely else. 

I think that the white walkers are moving out because, they know if they don't, then the history of Westoros will be wiped clean forever.

Every man , woman and child wishes that they rewrite their own history to make a happy ending, especially those like myself who have felt real pain from real loss, I'd much rather been murdered at the time than feel that but...

Almost every living being wants to be alive over dead, but even those who wish for death, still know in their hearts they would rather have been a part of life at all than never was.

Well that's where the children and Bran come in.  The two great plot twists will be the joining of Ice and fire, as in walkers and dead fighting side by side with dragons and the living. 

And why the he'll would that make sense?  It leads to our bittersweet ending.  Poor poor bran only ever wanted to be a knight but he ended up crippled.  He was a sweet innocent boy who didn't want to live as a cripple, so he grew hateful.  He grew hateful through everything his family endeared.  But what kept him going?  A great power he had, ability to greensee, ability to warg animals.  Then he grew stronger and he could literally warg humans, and even stronger he could affect the past.  

It will all start out innocent enough, but as we see every time Bran gets more curious more people die.  After he opens all of his power than we all know what will happen.

We all know power can corrupt even the greatest man, well how about being the most powerful living being on Westeros? A God. There is nobody ever that could handle all that without it affecting them for the worse, because all living beings have feelings, and feelings are what drive us all.  I believe eventually he will be so wrought with darkness that he will wish to wipe it all away, as in all of history to start again

This is exactly what the children want.  Before the first men came and slaughtered them, they lived happily and peacefully.  Then they made the walkers to fight for them, but the walkers were so hateful for going from human to beast, that they turned on everyone.  So more children died and human too until the children needed humans to survive.

So now we have come to our final chapter, the song of ice and fire having to join against the children and Bran.  I believe Bran will be deep under the Gods eye by the end.

Nobody is absolute good or evil they are merely fighting for what they feel is right.

I believe Meera will be Azor Again as she plunges her sword into her nissa nissa, Bran.  She will burn away the darkness and all the children and magic will end.

And we will all be told this great story by Samwell Tarley.  

So many  assumptions I don't even know where to begin Where do you get them? You seem to be taking things that happen in the show and assuming they are gospels in the books. 
1: the knights king as far as we can tell, has no greensight. they only control the cold and the dead. 

2: We do not know what motivates the Others, but according to our one source (nan) they hate all warmth. 

3: The others and the dragons and people fighting together? where did you get this idea? So far, the others and wights have only killed every living thing they could

4: Bran will never be able to change the past. It is stated in the novels that he cannot do that. From a literary point, it is stupid as bran can just go back in time and save everyone whenever he wants to thereby eliminating the story we all love.

5: We don't know what will happen. The book isn't written yet. 

6: why would bran wipe everything away when he could just use his god powers to make things perfect? 

7: the CTOF creating the others is show specific 

8: what makes you think bran is ever leaving the cave?

9: Correct, nobody is good or evil. 

10: Where did you get this? Meera is not a weaponsmith and she does not wield magic

11:    Finally, as a literary tool, Bran was the first POV in the books. I would guess that he will also be the last. When we last see bran he is slowly merging with a weirwood tree like his teacher, bloodraven. Bloodraven was in the latter part of middle age when he disappeared from the watch. Because of the tree, he has lived far beyond what a man should live to. All of his family is dead, all of his friends and lovers are dead. and he went into the tree after he was 50.  Bran is entering the  tree before he hits puberty. This is where the bittersweet ending will happen. Tree Bran will be able to fight with his friends and family south of him via greensight and skinchanging and watch the next war for the dawn. Then, when the war is over, he will still be in the tree, and he will be able to watch the lives of all his family and friends and watch them grow old and die, one by one until he is as old as bloodraven, and with all his friends and family deceased, he will tell his tale to the next greenseer, who is just learning to merge with a tree in the warded CTOF cave. In the tale he will remember his friends, when they died and how he visite them and watches them regularly via the wiernet, but like his father, he can never speak to them or embrace them ever again.  And that will be the bittersweet ending of the song of ice and fire 

1 hour ago, Lame Lothar Frey said:

Bran is one of the people most likely to live at the end of the story.  Jon is the one most likely to die and should die.  The plot calls for his death because he fucked up in the game of thrones when he messed with the Boltons instead of doing his job at the wall.

In fairness, the NW was threatened by Ramsay before Jon decided to make a move against the Bolton's. Besides, unlike in the show I don't think Jon will abandon the NW in the books. Prior to the mutiny, Tormund was arranging a ranging to Hardhome. I think that's where Jon's story goes in the beginning of Winds, because I sincerely doubt a mad dog like Ramsay or an angry bull like Hosteen could beat Stannis in a battle. I doubt even Roose could, unless he had overwhelming numbers (which he doesn't)

• 4 weeks later...

Your points about the others comes from the show and not the books. Theyre two different stories now I'm afraid. We don't know much about them in the books, we don't know if they were created or if they're a race of people who have always been here, we don't know if the nights king is leading them, we don't know if they can warg or have greensight. That's all from the show 

Archived