U.S. Politics Inaguration Sensation: Be Prepared

Sivin

I just thought about this section of the above quoted Bible verse:

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot."

Encouragement to keep going as he is?

Just now, butterbumps! said:

I find him impossible to watch, so I don't know how it went.     What was the general message of the speech?   Was he his normal insulting, self aggrandizing, divisive self?

Was exactly like one of his campaign speeches, but without any specifically targeted insults.

The speech was his usual mess of contradictions - he said he was going to be the president of all of the people, and then he directed his most strident comments to the 'left out'.

He opened with welcoming the world, then he raved on about America first. Presidents usually say things to calm the rest of the world.

He bragged he would wipe radical Islamic terrorists off the face of the earth, a red flag waved in front of the bull if there ever was one.

PBS is pointing out that presidents normally speak about being humbled by their election. Not DT. He attacked Washington insiders as being the ones who got rich while other Americans got poor, and how he, Trump, and the people would now run things. So, the ultimate insider will not be an insider.

That speech was truly terrible.

He pretty much droned on and on about the same bollocks he always does in his speeches. Nothing there to inspire people or encourage people that things are going to get better.
Attacking the rich in your inauguration speech seems a little odd to be honest, even more so when you consider the hypocrisy of a billionaire having a go at rich people. He got rich because of what those people in Washington were allowing, yet now he expects people to just think of him as "one of them"....pah.

From what I could see on the TV the majority of the crowd were not exactly overwhelmed it seemed, certainly not the noise and bustle of the Obama inauguration 8 years ago. I imagined it as if they were walking up from some massive drunken night out and realised they were now in a nightmare.

Archived