U.S. Politics Inaguration Sensation: Be Prepared

Sivin

Just now, Tempra said:

The lack of enthusiasm by Trump supporters at his inauguration  (below Bush's second Inauguration!!) is pretty damning to Democrats.  How could they lose to this man? Oh, yeah. Russia. Comey. Hillary Clinton.

Yeah, thanks for that enlightening tidbit. The thought never occurred to me. :rolleyes:

28 minutes ago, Tempra said:

The lack of enthusiasm by Trump supporters at his inauguration  (below Bush's second Inauguration!!) is pretty damning to Democrats.  How could they lose to this man? Oh, yeah. Russia. Comey. Hillary Clinton.

All of the above.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Fools. This is exactly how you create a police crack down.

Yeah.  You get the feeling that a lot of those involved in violence are simply opportunistic, and there's always a certain level of mob mentality involved.

23 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

Yeah.  You get the feeling that a lot of those involved in violence are simply opportunistic, and there's always a certain level of mob mentality involved.

Ack, I meant to link to the J20Disrupt Twitter account and hashtag - they are the largest organizers of today's protests. But anytime this guy takes a punch in the face is pretty ok. And I'm not a fan of violent protest but eff that guy.

1 minute ago, kairparabola said:

Ack, I meant to link to the J20Disrupt Twitter account and hashtag - they are the largest organizers of today's protests. But anytime this guy takes a punch in the face is pretty ok. And I'm not down wth violent protest but eff that guy.

There are very, very few people who like him, but for opposition to violent protests to be meaningful, it must be against all violent protests -- otherwise you're merely disagreeing regarding the choice of acceptable targets.

Also, I suspect that those punches are quite valuable to him: his face will heal in a few days, but propaganda regarding the incivility and violence of people who oppose him is forever.

10 minutes ago, kairparabola said:

Ack, I meant to link to the J20Disrupt Twitter account and hashtag - they are the largest organizers of today's protests. But anytime this guy takes a punch in the face is pretty ok. And I'm not a fan of violent protest but eff that guy.

Totally unacceptable and counterproductive.

I don't even really understand what protesting the inauguration is meant to accomplish at this point.  Seems like protesting for the sake of protesting.

Just now, Swordfish said:

Totally unacceptable and counterproductive.

I don't even really understand what protesting the inauguration is meant to accomplish at this point.  Seems like protesting for the sake of protesting.

Because there's nothing else left and they see no other recourse. This country was founded on violence and bloodshed, after all. The will of the people has been subverted in favor of a Mango Mussolini and we are now officially a banana republic, and people are angry and scared. The Evil One has made his contempt for America and Americans utterly clear over and over and over again.

3 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

Because there's nothing else left and they see no other recourse. This country was founded on violence and bloodshed, after all. The will of the people has been subverted in favor of a Mango Mussolini and we are now officially a banana republic, and people are angry and scared. The Evil One has made his contempt for America and Americans utterly clear over and over and over again.

Uh...  Random hyperbole aside, that's pretty  much what i said.  "Protesting for the sake of protesting'.

2 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Lol, seeing conservatives claiming that the media has doctored the images showing Trump's small crowds.  Post truth ftw!

I saw one tweet saying that Trump supporters have jobs, so they couldn't attend the inauguration... and yet they were more than happy to attend his campaign rallies... :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

Uh...  Random hyperbole aside, that's pretty  much what i said.  "Protesting for the sake of protesting'.

is there any protest, in your opinion, that this wouldn't apply to?  

The fact that there are likely more protesters in DC right now than Trump supporters sends a message that he has no mandate, that he was elected by the skin of his mendacious teeth, and that the first amendment will be defended.  That most of the country believes he is bullshit.  If that's protesting for the sake of protesting to you, so be it. There more to it than that whether you recognize it or not.  

Archived