Movie trivia: Which movies contain these visuals?

denstorebog

Okay, so I'm putting together a fake trailer for a real book series written by a friend of mine. I have a good portion of it down with visuals taken from real movies that reference something from the books, but there are some specific elements I'd like to get in there as well.

So let's turn this in to a movie quiz. Which Hollywood movies contain the following (or something as close as possible)? (Bonus points if the movie is from this millennium so the image quality of the clips doesn't differ too much.)

• A teenage girl with red dreadlocks
  • A 'human torch' type of visual; ie. a human figure enveloped in fire. Preferably female or indistinguishable. (X-Men 3?)
  • The stereotypical blonde high school girl with her crew of mean girls. Preferably contains a line where she comments on someone's looks. (Mean Girls?)
  • A teenage boy with black hair and face piercings.
  • Someone wielding colorful energy in their hands (superhero type stuff).
  • A pencil drawing on paper that magically comes alive. As in, becomes three-dimensional and 'real'.
  • A prism that dissolves light into the colors of the rainbow.
  • A palm with a symbol burnt into it.

(Also, it would be helpful if you could let me know approximately where in the movie the visual is, in case I haven't seen it.)

6 minutes ago, denstorebog said:

Okay, so I'm putting together a fake trailer for a real book series written by a friend of mine. I have a good portion of it down with visuals taken from real movies that reference something from the books, but there are some specific elements I'd like to get in there as well.

So let's turn this in to a movie quiz. Which Hollywood movies contain the following (or something as close as possible)? (Bonus points if the movie is from this millennium so the image quality of the clips doesn't differ too much.)

• A 'human torch' type of visual; ie. a human figure enveloped in fire. Preferably female or indistinguishable. (X-Men 3?)
  • The stereotypical blonde high school girl with her crew of mean girls. Preferably contains a line where she comments on someone's looks. (Mean Girls?)
  • A pencil drawing on paper that magically comes alive. As in, becomes three-dimensional and 'real'.

The first one seems like the hardest. Maybe google image search for what you're looking for and then reverse image search the image to see where it came from?

Human torch should be easy after three Fantastic Four movies.

If not Mean Girls I'd try Heathers for the third one.

Maybe 24 Hour Party people or some other movie about music for the face piercings? My friend was a dark haired heavily pierced extra in Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist but I dunno how much screen time he got. (Never actually saw the movie.) 

Colorful energy could probably come from one of the older X-Men films or maybe Agents of Shield or one of the CW shows. (I'd avoid MCU stuff as it's too recognizable.) 

This probably isn't what you're looking for for the pencil drawing thing, but it made me think of Take On Me. ("Piiiiipe wreeeeeeench figggghttttttt")

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the seventh. Isn't that what a prism always does? Or are you talking about something special.

For the palm I'd probably just use a charcoal pencil and film a friends palm, if that's an option. 

2 minutes ago, Astromech said:

The palm with a symbol burnt into it would be Raiders of the Lost Ark after the Nazi pick ups the staff head/medallion from the fire.

or Home Alone

A pencil drawing on paper that magically comes alive. As in, becomes three-dimensional and 'real'.

A-Ha's "Take On Me" video?

A teenage girl with red dreadlocks

The Fifth Element

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World

Someone wielding colorful energy in their hands (superhero type stuff).

The Last Dragon

A teenage boy with black hair and face piercings.

Vegas Vacation

5 hours ago, denstorebog said:

A pencil drawing on paper that magically comes alive. As in, becomes three-dimensional and 'real'.

The Sarah Jane Adventures: Mona Lisa's Revenge has a real box pulled out of a pencil drawing with magic; about 20 minutes into part two.

5 hours ago, denstorebog said:

(Also, it would be helpful if you could let me know approximately where in the movie the visual is, in case I haven't seen it.)

4) Payback.

16 hours ago, denstorebog said:

You could try an old school reference for the female human torch visual with Firestarter. It's from the 80's and stars Drew Barrymore as a young girl with powers.

Archived