NFL Conference Championships: where the presumed MVP is the least accomplished QB

DanteGabriel

14 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

If you dislike Donald Trump you should want to see the Pats lose is kinda what I'm getting from you here. 

Weren't people saying we should root for the Patriots to beat the Seahawks so we could see the look on Goodell's face? Is this going to be an every year thing now?

21 minutes ago, Reny of Storms End said:

If you dislike Donald Trump you should want to see the Pats lose is kinda what I'm getting from you here. 

Weren't people saying we should root for the Patriots to beat the Seahawks so we could see the look on Goodell's face? Is this going to be an every year thing now?

Yeah, both Belichick and Tommy Watermelons are Donny's pals. 

I can't stand Goodell, but I can't root for the Pats under any circumstance. It simply doesn't offset enough for me.

2 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Imagine if Irsay can pull McDaniels. That would be fun to watch.

In fairness to Irsay, he seems to busy getting fucked up to meddle in things. And you can't have an owner who wants to meddle and McDaniels.  Not that I think anyone should hire McDaniels, but if it would work Indy would be a place for it.

1 hour ago, sperry said:

Grigson fired.  PQJ, there is hope!

43 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Imagine if Irsay can pull McDaniels. That would be fun to watch.

40 minutes ago, sperry said:

In fairness to Irsay, he seems to busy getting fucked up to meddle in things. And you can't have an owner who wants to meddle and McDaniels.  Not that I think anyone should hire McDaniels, but if it would work Indy would be a place for it.

If this happens, you will all wish I had stayed away. I almost feel optimistic, even though I know Andrew Luck will never again be the talent he was 3 years ago.

It breaks my heart, I thought he could be better than Manning ever was. 

3 hours ago, sperry said:

Grigson fired.  PQJ, there is hope!

As a Patriots fan, this is a disappointment. As more and more time passed after the end of the regular season, I assumed Irsay was too out of it to remember to fire his useless sack of a GM.

Colts players seemed pleased. The punter even mixed it up on Twitter with some radio host flunky of Grigson's

http://deadspin.com/indianapolis-colts-fire-gm-ryan-grigson-after-five-seas-1791468587

5 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Sax Spangled Banner!

That guy did it last week too.  Pretty sweet.  I wish they would do those instead of vocalists more often.  I forget which event, maybe a Super Bowl, but Gary Clark Jr. did it with a guitar, and it was incredible.  

Last thoughts on Pats-Steelers...

I, too, do not care what Mike Tomlin said. "Assholes" is a compliment in that context. I think, though, that he is rightfully pissed about being clowned by his selfish receiver. A terrible look for a coach who's getting the "undisciplined players" whispers. I bet the Steelers will try to get Brown involved early. I hope Malcolm Butler is ready.

I am not confident in victory. It's been cited enough times that the Pats have never had to play Roethlisberger, Brown, and Bell all on the field at the same time. So, that's worrisome. I don't think the Patriots defense is Best Defense in the NFL good, whatever the scoring stats say. I will say that I have a little more faith in this edition of the defense than past paper tiger Patriots defenses because they actually make shitty quarterbacks look bad. Three or five years ago, the Pats would give career days to the likes of Dan Orlovsky and Matt Flynn. The fact that they have been good against poor competition makes me hopeful they can get a critical stop or two against a top tier quarterback.

Archived