NFL Conference Championships: where the presumed MVP is the least accomplished QB

DanteGabriel

Just now, DanteGabriel said:

Falcons are pretty scary, yo.

Yup. Had Dallas won last week I would've seen Atlanta as still the favorite going to Dallas. Seeing this I'm a little better with last weeks' loss. :eek:

2 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Falcons are pretty scary, yo.

Yeah; the Falcons are basically telling the NFL that they are for real.  This is a statement game if I have ever seen one.  They took a frisky, confident and dynamic team and their all-universe-level QB and are grinding them down into a fine powder.  The Packers had a variety of weaknesses and Atlanta is exploiting all of them.  Its not just that Atlanta is up by 24 and its not just that they are up 24-0.  Its that they are doing it EXACTLY as we would all have expected them to do it on O and in a shocking way on D.  

Let me put it another way: you can only go from "pretender" to "contender" you have to do it in a big game against a good team.  The NFC Championship game against the Green Bacy Packers is as good a place as any.  

Me neither, I would have much rather been playing KC, but then I hate the Steelers anyway, LOL. 

I am definitely wary of the Steelers O.  Its going to a hard, harsh game.  

But My #1 concern is that the Pats would play this week as they did against the Texans and the Chiefs have a better chance to recreate what the Texans did, not the Steelers.  So to me, I would rather face the Steleers D than the Chiefs D, so in that way I am actually happier to play the Steelers.  

Now with that said, the Chiefs O was dog-shit so maybe this is a silly statement.

Regardless, I am pretty nervous about the Pats game but they really should win.  

That did not make me feel any better... 

It's just so easy for the Falcons offense. They have about a million ways they can attack a defense whereas for GB it's just "Rodgers, go make magic happen". It's also a double whammy because the Falcons defense is feisty, especially at home.

If Rodgers can lead a comeback from this he's a goddamn magician. 

And on the Colts, there's this:

In an effort to stabilize their organization and enhance communication, the Indianapolis Colts brought in psychologists to help improve coach Chuck Pagano and general manager Ryan Grigson's relationship, league sources told ESPN.

The focus primarily was on ways Pagano and Grigson could improve their communication, but ultimately Colts owner Jim Irsay determined the relationship was unworkable and fired Grigson on Saturday.

Couples' counseling for Grigson and Pagano. I'm assuming that's fairly unorthodox for NFL teams, but who knows these days?

Has anyone ever come back from 24-0 at a conference championship? Even if Rodgers somehow starts scoring, the defense has to get a lot of stops for the Packers to have any chance and I have not seen anything that portends the latter.

7 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

Yeah; the Falcons are basically telling the NFL that they are for real.  This is a statement game if I have ever seen one.  They took a frisky, confident and dynamic team and their all-universe-level QB and are grinding them down into a fine powder.  The Packers had a variety of weaknesses and Atlanta is exploiting all of them.  Its not just that Atlanta is up by 24 and its not just that they are up 24-0.  Its that they are doing it EXACTLY as we would all have expected them to do it on O and in a shocking way on D.  

Let me put it another way: you can only go from "pretender" to "contender" you have to do it in a big game against a good team.  The NFC Championship game against the Green Bacy Packers is as good a place as any.  

I am definitely wary of the Steelers O.  Its going to a hard, harsh game.  

But My #1 concern is that the Pats would play this week as they did against the Texans and the Chiefs have a better chance to recreate what the Texans did, not the Steelers.  So to me, I would rather face the Steleers D than the Chiefs D, so in that way I am actually happier to play the Steelers.  

Now with that said, the Chiefs O was dog-shit so maybe this is a silly statement.

Regardless, I am pretty nervous about the Pats game but they really should win.  

That did not make me feel any better... 

Me neither.  LOL.  But the story on Irsay hiring someone to counsel his mediocre coach and his terrible GM so they'd get along better, presumably to continue their abject mediocrity and ruining of Luck, THAT made me feel better.  

5 minutes ago, Altherion said:

Has anyone ever come back from 24-0 at a conference championship? Even if Rodgers somehow starts scoring, the defense has to get a lot of stops for the Packers to have any chance and I have not seen anything that portends the latter.

Largest ever was when the Colts came back from a 21-3 deficit to the Pats in the 2006 playoffs. So 18 points.

ETA: Holy fuck, Julio. 
ETA2: Stop, stop...they're already dead

Archived