What is Your Favorite SEGA Games?

Kashfiya Rafa

Hello Friends,

This is Kash just wanted to know the name of your favorite SEGA games.

I am a SEGA lover from 2014 suggested by my blogger friend "Gustavo Woltmann".

Here is my most favorite game list:

# Sonic the Hedgehog

# Samba de Amigo

# Initial D Arcade Stage

# Border Break

# Yakuza

What Yours? :)

Have a nice day.

Toejam and Earl was a really creative puzzler back in the day. Two rapper/aliens crashland on earth and have to piece their spaceship back together. Took me forever to finish that one. 

I think Shining Force was the first turned based Strategy/RPG I ever had. It wasn't nearly as good as say Final Fantasy Tactics, but it made me fall in love with the genre, so it holds a special spot.

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

Street Fighter II was my shit.

Now I can't remember if I had it for Sega or SNES...

I had it on both, but I always preferred the SNES version. The graphics were a little smoother and the controller was better suited to that game, methinks.

/Mortal Kombat was the better Sega-centric fighter methinks, cause it had all the blood and nastier Fatalities.

6 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I had it on both, but I always preferred the SNES version. The graphics were a little smoother and the controller was better suited to that game, methinks.

/Mortal Kombat was the better Sega-centric fighter methinks, cause it had all the blood and nastier Fatalities.

Yeah, Mortal Kombat was great. I liked Street Fighter better though. Mainly just because I was better at it. 

8 hours ago, Leap said:

Definitely Sonic. My uncle owns a SEGA Mega Drive (or Genesis if you're in NA), and I used to love playing that as a kid. There were a few other games that I vaguely recall, but Sonic was always the best. I kinda want to play it now.

Hell yeah, come over to my house I'll set it up a Genesis marathon definitely including Sonic.

For me, not technically a Sega game but a PC game. I'm putting it first because I only ever played it on the Genesis (mega drive) and it's my favorite video game ever: Star Control. When a friend first loaned me his and told me I had to play it, I was mesmerized at first sight. At first I only played the Melee part but I loved it so much I wanted to play all of it and I taught myself how to play full game at first using Psytron option against the computer and then learning enough to play full human option against the computer, I could beat it in any scenario then no matter what side I was on. Just love this game.

Then for some Sega proper games:

Shinobi - We had the arcade cabinet of this game at my parents' pizzeria for a while. I played it like crazy and eventually beat it, then the vending guy put the difficulty on hard and I learned to beat it again. At home I it for my Sega Master System, cutting this game down for a port for an 8 bit system left much to be desired but it was still fun. Recently I downloaded the arcade port to my Wii and had a lot of fun memories playing it all over again.

Revenge of Shinobi - Had this game for my Sega Genesis, loved it! Somewhere I learned how in the options menu to set my shuriken to 00 and wait and the 00 turned into an infinity symbol and I had unlimited throwing stars. I thought that was so cool. But even cooler was the first time discovering you fight a freaking Terminator and if that's not enough, another level's boss is a shape shifter that at first is Spiderman and then becomes Batman! Oh yeah, and another boss is Godzilla.

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker - Had this for Sega Genesis, it had serious style.

Turbo - Another arcade game we had at my parents' pizzeria. Also had it for my Colecovision. Between Turbo and Pole Position I always thought Turbo was the better game.

Frogger - Classic video game, had it for my Colecovision, George Costanza remembers it too.

Choplifter - always liked playing this game in the arcade

Out Run and Afterburner - the arcade sit down versions, so much fun!

Ghouls and Ghosts - Sequel to Ghosts and Goblins but I never had that, also, again not really a Sega game but I had it for my Genesis and only played it on that.

Sonic was great, but the Phantasy Star series is what kept me coming back for more.

Streets of Rage and Golden Axe also give me the warm fuzzies when I think of them.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Sonic was great, but the Phantasy Star series is what kept me coming back for more.

Streets of Rage and Golden Axe also give me the warm fuzzies when I think of them.

Golden Axe II was my jam back in the day.  Streets of Rage was also dope as hell.

There was an X-Men game I used to play the hell out of back in the day. You had 4 different options of characters you could play, but I recall sticking mostly to Wolverine and Cyclops. That's about all I remember from it, but I know I put a lot of hours into it.

Shadowrun for the Genesis. Before the Hairbrained Schemes games it was the closest to actually playing Shadowrun on a game system you could get. I put literally years into playing that game and grinding out the various skills.

The Golden Axe series was amazing. It was the D&D arcade game before the D&D arcade game existed.

Archived