So Spake Martin search engine

Daendrew

Reddit user HollowayDivision has created an SSM search engine to more easily sift through all the great information that @Ran has been compiling for years. 

"It's a custom search engine designed to search Westeros.org's "So Spake Martin" archive of everything George has ever said in an interview, fan correspondence, etc. concerning A Song of Ice and Fire. If you're unclear about a plot point or want an author quote to back up a theory, try searching for a keyword and clicking through the results. There's a lot out there that's gone unnoticed!" -HollowayDivision

Here is the search engine

Lets post some interesting SSM finds here in this thread.

That's a fantastic tool. Thanks to HollowayDivision for his work and to you for sharing.

I didn't know about this bit (not exactly a SSM):

(7) TREBLA COMMENT OF R&L THEORY TO PARRIS: Trebla proceeded to talk about the R&L theory and how he believes it, hoping for a tidbit.
HER REPLY (paraphrasing): Do you really think George would do something so basic as Jon being the son of R&L? *Trebla's jaw dropping open*

Though I wouldn't take this at face value, it still makes me smile.

This one is also... Interesting:

c. Then he paused again and said "Jon and Val, huh? That would make a good fit"

One could spend hours shuffling through the material. :)

Oh Man this is great!  I was just bemoaning having to find the quote about WW's whereabouts in another thread.   Bitchen!  Now can we get this hooked up with asearchoiceandfire and the interactive map and finally get some sleep?   

[Where is the sword Widow's Wail?]

Still at the Red Keep, until such time as King Tommen is old enough to wield it.

OK, I still have a lot to learn about copying, pasting and quoting, but that is what I was after!   

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, HollowayDivision said:

I am now accepted onto the boards! Seems like this was my golden ticket. Glad you guys find the search engine useful, and I'm really excited to join you all! :D

Welcome! Thanks for putting this together. I nearly went cross-eyed trying to find something in the SSMs earlier today.

:cheers:

19 hours ago, HollowayDivision said:

I am now accepted onto the boards! Seems like this was my golden ticket. Glad you guys find the search engine useful, and I'm really excited to join you all! :D

Thanks between your search and https://asearchoficeandfire.com/ we are set for theorizing. Now we just need Winds.

Archived