Unbreakable Sequel Next Up For Shyamalan

Manhole Eunuchsbane

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I actually thought The Visit was pretty solid. It appears Split is getting decent reviews as well. Hopefully M Night has returned to form.

Unbreakable is my favorite of his films btw. 

So, we've gone well into spoiler territory for Split. But, as the cat's out of the bag...

I'd go as far as to say that the whole movie was basically a set up for Unbreakable 2. Especially considering the lack of a true resolution in the movie.

As I was sitting watching the cameo, my initial reaction was "wow... that's shockingly gratuitous.  Just throwing Willis in for a cameo that has nothing to do with the movie at all". Then... Oh. Oh! Oooohhhh!!!!

Thinking about it, we've pretty much had Unbreakable 2 already - it just went under the name "Split". The first movie was about the creation of the hero. The second about the creation of the villain. The third will be Willis and McAvoy, mano a mano.

Shit, shit, shit!!!!!

I'm usually not a "Spoiler Alert!" freak, but I was going looking forward to seeing Split because I heard many positive things about it. I would have been totally blown away by this twist, it sounds like Shyamalon actually found a way to get a twist in again that audiences didn't see coming.

I'm still going to see it, but I haven't felt this heartbroken since I got spoiled on the twist in Fight Club before I got to see that. :( 

Spoiler up this thread people, please! before anyone else stumbles into it.

1 hour ago, drawkcabi said:

but I was going looking forward to seeing Split

:stunned: 

When I saw the trailer for that in the theater (Hacksaw Ridge opening weekend so it was fairly packed) people were laughing throughout the entire audience.  Not with it, because there was nothing at all funny in the trailer, but at it.

5 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

:stunned: 

When I saw the trailer for that in the theater (Hacksaw Ridge opening weekend so it was fairly packed) people were laughing throughout the entire audience.  Not with it, because there was nothing at all funny in the trailer, but at it.

The trailer had me wary, but after Stuckman's review (gave it an - A) and earning 75% on Rotten Tomatoes, I was looking forward to it.

I thought for sure the twist would be something akin to Fight Club or Identity and I'd see it coming but the movie was getting positives for aesthetics and acting.

However,

Spoiler

I don't think I would have seen the Unbreakable angle coming, and I loved Unbreakable! That movie and The Sixth Sense are the only MNS movies I enjoy not ironically.

10 hours ago, drawkcabi said:

Shit, shit, shit!!!!!

I'm usually not a "Spoiler Alert!" freak, but I was going looking forward to seeing Split because I heard many positive things about it. I would have been totally blown away by this twist, it sounds like Shyamalon actually found a way to get a twist in again that audiences didn't see coming.

I'm still going to see it, but I haven't felt this heartbroken since I got spoiled on the twist in Fight Club before I got to see that. :( 

Spoiler up this thread people, please! before anyone else stumbles into it.

Right with you here.

I opened the thread expecting some confirmation and speculation about a movie that hasn't even entered pre-production; not spoilers for a movie that's only recently opened in the cinemas and I was thinking of watching.

Archived