Brienne's fate

Quellon

What do you think her fate will be? And how does she stand right now, strong or weak? As a female in a man's world, a strong female and a warrior, she is always exposed to danger. She can never have peace I think, unless she should move North and be granted an estate, which may happen. If Jon or Sansa do it, of course. That's the only way I can see her being safe and relatively happy. Cersei obviously dislikes her while her affection for Renly, a Baratheon, would not do her favours in case Dany wins the throne. Nor would she be able to serve a Baratheon-hater I believe. I mean, she IS from the Stormlands after all. So, how and where do you see her storyline ending?

P.S. In case she has already been slain, lol, be discrete in telling me that. ;)

Just curious, why do you think that she should move North for her to have peace and be happy?

She has never expressed any desire to go to the North and she had an indirect affiliation to the Starks, via Cat. Which is why she did not disobey King Robb when she helped Jaime escape, because she was sworn to his mother. 

Anyway it is really difficult to predict her fate.

I think that she and Jaime will be in the last book and will fight for Jon or Daenerys. (and then they will get married and have children-wishful thinking but I can always hope ;))

I think she will survive the series.

Right now, she has to face (or technically has already faced) the Stoneheart dilemma and her conflicted oaths. My bet is that she kills Stoneheart to save Jaime, but I'll admit the possibilities are pretty much endless for this particular subplot.

After that, I can see her (with or without Jaime) showing up to the Vale as a mystery knight. How she sorts things out there I am not sure yet.

Or she could follow Jaime to KL (if he ever returns there).

Endgame might be spent either on the North and in the Riverlands...either way she'll likely be fighting WW witb her VS sword.

The only thing I am sure of is that her and Jaime's fates are linked, that they will become lovers along the way, and that she might potentially end up carrying his child.

1 hour ago, HairGrowsBack said:

The only thing I am sure of is that her and Jaime's fates are linked, that they will become lovers along the way, and that she might potentially end up carrying his child.

This!

i've always imagined brienne surviving til the end. kind of picture her being a knight and very heroic and vital in a way, somewhat legend worthy, by the end of books and then actaully having a very different life at the end after marrying jaime and getting pregnant before he dies and her child becomes heir to CR.

Brienne will bear a son by Jaime, but both will die in Red Keep trying to protect Sansa and Arya from Cersei and UnGregor.

Tyrion will become a father to Jaime and Brienne's son, who will be as tall as tall and strong as his mother (blood of Duncan the Tall), golden and beautiful like his father and aunt Cersei, and witty and smart like Tywin and Tyrion. He will be the future of House Lannister and Tyrion's pride like Jaime was Tywin's.

And Sansa will be the mother figure to this Lannister boy, unlike her mother Catelyn to Jon Snow, thankful to the boy's parents saving her.

4 hours ago, Danelle said:

Just curious, why do you think that she should move North for her to have peace and be happy?

She has never expressed any desire to go to the North and she had an indirect affiliation to the Starks, via Cat. Which is why she did not disobey King Robb when she helped Jaime escape, because she was sworn to his mother. 

Anyway it is really difficult to predict her fate.

I think that she and Jaime will be in the last book and will fight for Jon or Daenerys. (and then they will get married and have children-wishful thinking but I can always hope ;))

I think that's the only way she can really be in peace, not just FIND peace, the only place where she'd totally be welcome. Even in her native Stormlands, with Jon Connington and others whipping up things, you know...it's not too safe. I doubt she'd want to settle down however, not before old age. But I don't doubt she'd say yes to fight for Sansa and Jon and the North.

I don't like it but I think she will die trying to protect Jaime. My reason is because she made confession to the Elder Brother while on the Quiet Isle. If she doesn't die hopefully she will say frek this shite and go home to Tarth.

7 hours ago, Scorpion92 said:

Brienne will bear a son by Jaime, but both will die in Red Keep trying to protect Sansa and Arya from Cersei and UnGregor.

Tyrion will become a father to Jaime and Brienne's son, who will be as tall as tall and strong as his mother (blood of Duncan the Tall), golden and beautiful like his father and aunt Cersei, and witty and smart like Tywin and Tyrion. He will be the future of House Lannister and Tyrion's pride like Jaime was Tywin's.

And Sansa will be the mother figure to this Lannister boy, unlike her mother Catelyn to Jon Snow, thankful to the boy's parents saving her.

Why would Tyrion raise Jaime's son? Tyrion doesn't quite love his brother as much as he used to after he found out about the Tysha thing.

Sansa? How? For Tyrion, Sansa is Joffrey's murderer who also framed him. I'm led to believe that next time Sansa and Tyrion meet(if they ever do), it will be as enemies.

2 minutes ago, Lifestream said:

Why would Tyrion raise Jaime's son? Tyrion doesn't quite love his brother as much as he used to after he found out about the Tysha thing.

Sansa? How? For Tyrion, Sansa is Joffrey's murderer who also framed him. I'm led to believe that next time Sansa and Tyrion meet(if they ever do), it will be as enemies.

Well, I am talking about the endgame. I am pretty sure Tyrion and Jaime will reconcile in some time in the future.

Tyrion and Sansa's marriage is a major event in the books in my eyes. It is one of the only ways Starks and Lannisters can reach some peace. It is the central conflcit of the first couple books and needs some resolution. Their marriage will have more political benefit because by the endgame I expect both to be in high positions of power. They will never sleep together or have some kids, but they will be parent figures to "three heads of a dragon". One of them is Jaime and Brienne's son.

1 hour ago, Scorpion92 said:

Well, I am talking about the endgame. I am pretty sure Tyrion and Jaime will reconcile in some time in the future.

Tyrion and Sansa's marriage is a major event in the books in my eyes. It is one of the only ways Starks and Lannisters can reach some peace. It is the central conflcit of the first couple books and needs some resolution. Their marriage will have more political benefit because by the endgame I expect both to be in high positions of power. They will never sleep together or have some kids, but they will be parent figures to "three heads of a dragon". One of them is Jaime and Brienne's son.

You seem pretty sure all of this will happen. Can't say I share your sentiment though, sorry.

3 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

I don't like it but I think she will die trying to protect Jaime. My reason is because she made confession to the Elder Brother while on the Quiet Isle. If she doesn't die hopefully she will say frek this shite and go home to Tarth.

I don't follow?

I don't see Brienne or Jamie making it all the way to the end.  I do see at least Jamie heading north of the Wall to fight others, but I think it will be with his sword, Oathkeeper.   So yeah, I see Brienne dying somewhere along the way.  I'd love to see her pull a mystery knight thing, but there are other characters just as close who might fit that bill better.  I don't see retirement or marriage or babies for Brienne.  I see her living the life she wants to live and dying an honorable death on her own terms.  There may be some unrequieted love between Jamie & Brienne, but I don't think Jamie gets to be the one she loves romantically.   I think she loves him as a knight and a friend/companion.  Brienne's already got her baby in Pod.  Why put this noble, honorable woman through some sappy love story with a bum like Jamie--he's already shown he isn't a great husband or dad.  But he is a great knight and I think he will be a great friend to Brienne.  The beauty in their relationship is the very best parts of each other they seem to force to the surface.  Brienne isn't a sexual woman.  She's a fighting woman.  I say let her live the way she wants without putting her in some stereotypical box because we want her to have a romance.  

12 hours ago, Quellon said:

I think that's the only way she can really be in peace, not just FIND peace, the only place where she'd totally be welcome. Even in her native Stormlands, with Jon Connington and others whipping up things, you know...it's not too safe. I doubt she'd want to settle down however, not before old age. But I don't doubt she'd say yes to fight for Sansa and Jon and the North.

But why would she be welcome in the North of all places? As it stands the two major players in the North are the Boltons-who gave her to Vargo Hoat- and Stannis-who killed Renly.

Not to mention that as far the majority of the North believes-and the rest of Westeros, Brienne killed Renly. 

20 hours ago, Danelle said:

20 hours ago, HairGrowsBack said:

I disagree with the notion that her and Jaime are linked outside of anything other than respect for each other.  Jaime is in no way like he is in the show when it comes to his relationship with Brienne.  He is always annoyed at her 'bleating like a sheep', he constantly thinks about how ugly and annoying she is, but he has respect for her for being 'loyal to a fault', even blindly so.  She is naive and not very bright when it comes to reading people.  He only ever thinks about her being stubborn, annoying and ugly, his dreams were a push for him to keep his honor not about his feelings for Brienne.

When Jaime gives her Oathkeeper, he starts off being pleasant to her, but quickly gets annoyed at her suspicion, bleating and again, her appearance - he is still very shallow and arrogant.  He briskly tells her to just talk the sword, and bugger off. 

"Take the bloody sword and go, before I change my mid.  There is a bay mare in the stables, as homely as you are but somewhat better trained.  Chase after Steelshanks, search for Sansa or ride home to your isle of sapphires, it's naught to me.  I don't want to look at you anymore."

She tells him she will find Sansa with the sword (for her vow to be upheld), and will also find her for Jaime - presumably to honor the oath to Catelyn that he would return the girls to Brienne.  Later on the road she thinks to herself that Jaime may have "sent her" on the mission as a "jib", knowing it would be fruitless.  But resolves that he would not have done that to her.  The problem is Jaime never sent her on any mission.  He gave her some information, a decree from the king to help should she search for Sansa, the sword ....and said he didn't care what she did.  Sure he most likely assumed she would go for Sansa and decided to aide her efforts, but he didn't ever tell her to do it, nor show any interest on whether she would indeed do it or not.  She has twisted it in her mind that she is on a mission FOR him, for her honor and his.  But Jaime just doesn't care.  He wonders at one point along his Riverlands journey where she may be and if she found Sansa or decided to just go home, but there is no sentiment to it. 

Jaime and Brienne's relationship is a grey one, but it is most definitely not one that makes me warm and fuzzy, nor be anything other than respected fighters/oathkeepers to each other.

Archived