Football: fixture congestion

Iskaral Pust

Good team performance from West Ham today.  They are still desperately in need of a proper right back, though.  I love Kouyate and he did well enough there today, but he's not a proper solution to the problem.  Snodgrass was full of running.  Obiang got a goal and an assist and, more importantly, finally seems to have gotten used to how little time on the ball players have in the PL.

Southampton didn't look great, though.  They sure miss Van Dyke and Fonte at the back.  Romeu is a good player and he played well, but he had too much to do in the game.  I don't think that 4-3-3 suits the players they have very well, with the exception of Gabbiadini who already looks like he could be another shrewd buy for Southampton. 

fucking Gabriel Jesus. Wish Liverpool had brought someone in during January that could make a difference like that. 

22 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

if you take out Hazard they have a number of similar style players (though not as good).  if you take out Kante there is nobody who can replace what he does.  Whatever he cost it was the steal of the summer. 

Yeah Matic/Fabregas in the midfield isn't gonna be as tenacious as having Kante in there for sure but it's about as equal a drop in quality as having Willian replace Hazard imo. 

Swansea almost managed to do us a favour. Jesus has made a good start to life in the PL. We have yet another opportunity to close the gap on Arsenal and Liverpool which means that us dropping points is a near certainty. Hoping for a win but fully expecting a draw or loss.

I hope they go down. It would really emphasise how freak an occurrence it was. I would feel sorry for Claudio if that happened, he should have retired in the summer and gone out at the top.

I am more worried about Boro falling into the relegation zone though, they have been pretty awful under the radar all season.

Still fuming over Chelsea's first goal. I just cannot believe people can look at this and say it's not a foul. I've lost count of the amount of pundits who've said that if it was anywhere else on the pitch it would have been a foul, but because it's in the box it isn't. I mean, WTF?

Anyway, another season, another league title lost to a bunch of wankers. Hearing Wenger's been offered a two-year extension. Wish he would just go away.

Archived