Football: fixture congestion

Iskaral Pust

21 hours ago, mormont said:

So Rangers have accepted Mark Warburton's resignation, except he denies he has resigned. Just another day at that well-run club.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38939432

You made it sound like a bad thing. But the Huns Sevco Rangers looking ridiculous is one of the few joys in Scottish football. Just checked the table. Has any club ever managed to win the SPL without a single defeat? Celtic looks on course atm.

Top 5 actually.

Places 2-6 are so close, finishing 5th looks like a real achievement atm.

Realistically the table after the monday night game will look like this.

1. Chelsea   62 Pts

2. City          52 Pts

3. Spurs       50 Pts

4. Arsenal    50 Pts

5. Liverpool  49 Pts

6. United      48 Pts.

7. Everton    41 Pts.

Liverpool shouldn't drop below Everton, and they shouldn't be able to catch up with Chelsea (realistically). But in which order the teams cross line from 2nd to 6th, that's anyone's guess. I have the feeling City are out of their slump and should finish top 4. 

I think Liverpool will make it with their lack of other commitments. From the highlights, they looked back to near their best.

I am quite surprised that Gabbiadini has started so well as Southampton's main forward. He always looked much better out wide whilst at Napoli.

7 hours ago, Notone said:

Top 5 actually.

Places 2-6 are so close, finishing 5th looks like a real achievement atm.

Realistically the table after the monday night game will look like this.

1. Chelsea   62 Pts

2. City          52 Pts

3. Spurs       50 Pts

4. Arsenal    50 Pts

5. Liverpool  49 Pts

6. United      48 Pts.

7. Everton    41 Pts.

Liverpool shouldn't drop below Everton, and they shouldn't be able to catch up with Chelsea (realistically). But in which order the teams cross line from 2nd to 6th, that's anyone's guess. I have the feeling City are out of their slump and should finish top 4. 

I said top 4 because that's the cut-off for CL and that's the aim now for the chasing pack.  Five clubs from 2nd-6th are all in contention and three will make it and two miss out.  On recent form before today, Liverpool look likely to miss but all these sides have had good and bad spells.  It's hard to know who'll be consistent from here and who'll have another rough patch.  Only Chelsea have been consistent for a really sustained period.  

Archived