Football: fixture congestion

Iskaral Pust

20 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Oops. Another year, another humiliating loss. Like clockwork. No Arsenal fan should be surprised or dismayed. It was always going to happen.

I'd love to say the result flattered them, but Bayern were amazing.

I'm sure there will be plenty of people in the press stirring the Cech vs Ospina pot, but Ospina was probably our best player tonight. You can't really blame him for any of the goals. And Ozil was just as you'd expect on his return to Germany. Every single time he plays German club opposition, he vanishes. Not good enough.

As for Wenger, I reckon that's it for him. Pretty sure it was only winning the CL or PL that would keep him at the club. What he needs to do now is let the club know his intentions, because, frankly, this situation is bullshit.

Spare a thought for Arsenal superfan Piers Morgan. He had such horrendous week.

First he gets told to fuck off on Real Time. That resulted in a twitter war with J. K. Rowling, in which he got his tweet handed to him. And then he had one of his Arsenal Meltdowns. :) 

So I guess the  hashtag #tearsforpiers was trending again. (Thanks to Rio Ferdinand for that hashtag, that thing just keeps on giving).

41 minutes ago, Notone said:

Spare a thought for Arsenal superfan Piers Morgan. He had such horrendous week.

First he gets told to fuck off on Real Time. That resulted in a twitter war with J. K. Rowling, in which he got his tweet handed to him. And then he had one of his Arsenal Meltdowns. :) 

So I guess the  hashtag #tearsforpiers was trending again. (Thanks to Rio Ferdinand for that hashtag, that thing just keeps on giving).

God I hate him. 

Despite going into the the break in front (a fortunate goal too), that was pretty poor first half from us. We are causing alot of problems for ourselves due to scrappy passing. With a bit more composure/quality in front of goal, ASSE would be level at the least. They have been the better side so far. Rashford should be brought in on the right, Mata moved to #10 and Fellaini subbed off. Right now we have no pace up front apart from Martial.

Spurs are giving an excellent account of themselves in Europe, it must be said.

Early exit Champions League, and now losing to mighty AA Gent.

As for the CL, fantastic stuff from Bayern, and the Madrid vs Napoli game was very good as well.

Arsenal however were very, very weak. Hopefully this will have some mental impact on them as well.

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

Huge upset right off the bat with fifth tier Lincoln City beating Burnley. Even more impressive considering Burnley's great home record.

Fantastic stuff. Well done to Lincoln.

Huddersfield draw with City, Oxford gave 'Boro a proper scare and ten man Millwall takes out yet another PL club, beating Leicester. Good day for the little guy. Hopefully Wolves can give Chelsea a tough game.

Leicester on a downward spiral. Hard to see them not getting relegated.

Well done to Lincoln! It is a little galling that whilst we lose to a side winless since November that a side with a bunch of our rejects beats a PL side away. Probably be in the same league as them next year.

1 hour ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Absolute shit luck for Berlin. Stoppage time was a little deceiving. 

Typical Bayern. Third time that has happened since the winter break. They've been far from the best Bundesliga side this season but their squad is full of winners.

Archived