Football: fixture congestion

Iskaral Pust

10 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Henderson out with a foot injury tonight; hopefully we cope without him. Can is due a game where he's not diabolically useless I suppose!

Yeah hes been a disappointment this year. Maybe even regressed since last year. Lucas was good vs Spurs but he fills me with no confidence at CB. Bench is fucking awful as well. Chelseas depth makes me so jealous. 

Don't think Liverpool could have been more obliging if they had tried with the way they set up for this match. Klopp is a great manager, but it is like he watched the video of when City played at the King Power and asked his players for something like that.

56 minutes ago, Notone said:

So returned home from an enjoyable football game.

5:0. Moving slowly but surely out of the relegation zone. 

And all the while our local rivals got their traditional Bayern spanking. Great football weekend.

watching your home team score five from the stands is an awesome experience...I hear. never saw one myself. 

I feel like if Klopp was really the genius that everyone seems to think he is, he'd have seen that coming.  I mean, Michael Owen AND Owen Hargreaves saw the possibility. 

Also, I'm curious how Hargreaves' accent sounds to people in the U.K.   He's lived in Canada, Germany and England for significant periods of his life, and (to me) his accent is totally ineffable. 

Lucas's movement on the first goal is the best example why he shouldn't be anywhere near CB position.

I was shocked to see him running AWAY from Vardy. It's just wrong on every possible level.

It's so Liverpool - beating in-form Spurs and then losing to Leicester who are in relegation battle and have tons of internal problems on their hands.

Someone already mentioned that Liverpool's squad lacks depth and it clearly showed during the fixture-heavy January. I mean, when Coutinho gets injured and Mane leaves for ACN, Liverpool just doesn't have the replacements. When that happened, they got thrown off their game so badly they couldn't recover throughout February.

The worst part is that they lose to teams they should be beating, and quite comfortably at that. That's just not something a club fighting for Champions' League spot should be doing.

Klopp would definitely need to sign some players over the summer or do wonders with youngsters at his disposal.

I think that Liverpool's troubles against these teams is more down to a mental block than purely tactical, selection or depth reasons and that makes it much harder to resolve. I mean, barring Henderson, this was the same starting XI that ran circles around Spurs. If I were a 'Pool fan, I wouldn't even be worried about the Arsenal game because you can be sure that the players will approach that game with the right frame of mind and put in a performance.

That's the most annoying thing about Liverpool, and has been for as long as I've been a fan (two decades now).

They'll beat a title contender and lose comfortably to an already relegated team.

I think that almost every season I've watched Liverpool, they've taken more points off top 5 teams than bottom 5 teams. It might not really be the case (I don't have the data that would prove or disprove it), but that's the impression I got.

2 hours ago, Mexal said:

I think Liverpool will rock Arsenal. I have zero faith in our ability to show up.

We play good against the top 6 but idk. Henderson will likely still be out and our team just lacks quality. Klopp has to be at fault. Hes had three transfer windows to improve the squad and has done a very poor job of it.

Archived