Football: fixture congestion

Iskaral Pust

2 hours ago, Consigliere said:

As expected both Zlatan and Mings have been charged with violent conduct. Zlatan should get a 3 match ban but the punishment is likely to be more severe for Mings after the FA submitted a claim that the standard punishment for the misconduct committed by Mings is clearly insufficient.

3 seems about right for Zlatan.

Not sure what Mings will get, but in the moment I was figuring 8-10.

Not sure what is appropriate. But the Suarez ten-for-biting seems an okay precedent to start from. I'd say kicking your opponent in the head with studs is a more severe action than biting, and would argue for more than ten myself.

I'd be quite surprised if he gets more than a six match ban. I think Mings knew what he was doing but proving intent is going to be difficult and Mings could make a case that he was trying to avoid Zlatan and the stamp was accidental. Zlatan should count himself fortunate if he gets a three match ban since, in his case, intent is much clearer.

Watching David Luiz this season has been almost as much fun as watching the likes of Costa and Zlatan. He doesn't have the same streetfighter charisma they do, but he has something.

12 hours ago, Rorshach said:

Not sure what is appropriate. But the Suarez ten-for-biting seems an okay precedent to start from. I'd say kicking your opponent in the head with studs is a more severe action than biting, and would argue for more than ten myself.

Let's not forget Suarez got a four months ban from all football in addition to 10 matches from national team.

And Mings didn't kick Zlatan in the head, he stepped on Zlatan's head while Zlatan was lying down. Not saying it should count for a more severe or less sever punishment, just clearing things up a bit.

Bottom line is that both of them should be punished to the full extent of the rules if things like these are not to repeat.

Archived