Iskaral Pust

Exercise and Fitness: sticking to resolutions

244 posts in this topic

Exercising when it's hot is unpleasant.

I haven't been doing too well keeping fit over the last few weeks after going on holiday. It's either been pissing down with rain or oppressively hot so I've been skipping a lot of runs. Unfortunately preseason training for rugby starts in just under 2 weeks and there's been a lot of talk of how we're going to get really beasted this year after some disappointment with the first team's fitness levels last year. So that's going to be fun.

I went to the pool this morning. Having spent too much time away from the pool has left my swimming form at a much lower level than I'd like it to be but exactly where I could reasonably expected it. Tried to see how if I can swim continuously for 40 minutes I was at the pool and how far I'd make it in that time. Since anything other than breaststroke would result in me hanging on the edge of the pool for dear life way before 40 minutes were up my choice was easy. Ended up doing 1600m and it felt great.

cycling in the oxfordshire countryside compared to london is a fucking joy, the drivers are so courteous, the roads are so quite, the scenery is so beautiful, if it wasn't for the amount of bugs i get in my teeth i would be as happy as it is possible for someone to be when they are cycling 40 miles in 34 degree weather. 

Ugh it's gotten so humid here. Makes moving outside feel awful.