The Leftovers (spoilers)

RumHam

On 3/19/2017 at 7:20 AM, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

That looks awesome, properly apocalyptic! I love that this show has gotten better if when it ran out of source material. When does that ever happen. 

The song over that trailer was great but it got me really worried that they will change the opening credits from season 2 which for some reason almost bring me to tears every time. Such a simple concept, but seeing the gaps in these images where people were really brings home what it means when someone just 'disappears'.

Plus I think the song is brilliant.

Yeah I hope they don't change it either I love that intro. So much better than the first season's.

Anyway we should be getting reviews soon as the screeners have gone out. All episodes but the finale. 

http://tvline.com/2017/03/23/damon-lindelof-the-leftovers-season-3-letter-to-critics/

On 3/19/2017 at 6:20 AM, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

...The song over that trailer was great but it got me really worried that they will change the opening credits from season 2 which for some reason almost bring me to tears every time. Such a simple concept, but seeing the gaps in these images where people were really brings home what it means when someone just 'disappears'.

Plus I think the song is brilliant...

Agreed, that opening credits scene is proper melancholy inducing yet the singer is really happy, so it sets the viewer up for the emotional journey of the show quite nicely. Also, I feel like Lindelof picked it specifically to quash the haters from the start. 

Lindelof Hater: New Lindelof show? Hmm. I'll watch, but will you give us answers this time? #lost # prometheus

Opening Credits: No. #LetTheMysteryBe

Lindelof Hater: Fair enough. But I'll still complain about it on the Interweb anyway.

On 3/18/2017 at 0:36 AM, Astromech said:

New trailer

I am SO EXCITED about this.  It airs on Easter Sunday so I will have all the Leftovers to eat while watching.

Got another pal hooked recently, so we're doing a rewatch during the lead up.  If this season is half of what the first two were can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get it on the Hugo ballot ffs?

On 25/03/2017 at 11:59 AM, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Agreed, that opening credits scene is proper melancholy inducing yet the singer is really happy, so it sets the viewer up for the emotional journey of the show quite nicely. Also, I feel like Lindelof picked it specifically to quash the haters from the start. 

Lindelof Hater: New Lindelof show? Hmm. I'll watch, but will you give us answers this time? #lost # prometheus

Opening Credits: No. #LetTheMysteryBe

Lindelof Hater: Fair enough. But I'll still complain about it on the Interweb anyway.

haha, yes, the lyrics throughout that song are absolutely perfect. We are never going to find out what happened and I'm fine with that. #Letthemysterybe

• 3 weeks later...

Nice opening to season 3. Fairly straightforward for this series, but enough mystery already thrown in to satisfy.

Interesting to see how some of the pieces fell since the events of season 2 three years ago(in show time).

Did we see what happened to Lily last season, or is that something they will touch on this season? I can't remember if anything happened to her.

I'm excited for Australia. Hoping we aren't in Jarden too long.

No opening credits? Damn, I really loved last season's intro.

I think the opening credits will be back next week. 

I thought it was a great episode.

The drone strike on the GR was fucked up and put and end to that particular storyline quickly. The ending was a shock for me. I wasn't expecting the old woman to be Nora. 

I loved Kevin's "that didn't count" about the baptism. :lol:

That show is so well written and executed. It's unbelievable. It's everything the final season of Lost should have been. Its without doubt the best show on television right now. It's also proof that a show can remain great even without its source material (Benioff and Weiss I"m looking at you).

The opening and closing scenes were really powerful, without being gratuitous.... well done....

Everything in between was terrific too, insofar as every question they answered, they introduced two more... I'm not as big of a fan of this show as others here are, but I thought it was a really good opening serve.

10 hours ago, Triskan said:

It seems like there's been a lot of prep for us not getting all the answers.  

Lindelof has said this *many* times, if you're expecting things to be spelled out by the season finale, you're watching this show incorrectly. That is now what it's about, and it never has been. 

I only just finished the premier because I wanted to finish my re-watch first. Holy shit. That was mildly soul crushing and yet still enjoyable. I can understand why the reviewers would find it hard not to binge it. 

On 4/17/2017 at 0:11 AM, Nictarion said:

I think the opening credits will be back next week. 

I thought it was a great episode.

Hide contents

The drone strike on the GR was fucked up and put and end to that particular storyline quickly. The ending was a shock for me. I wasn't expecting the old woman to be Nora. 

I loved Kevin's "that didn't count" about the baptism. :lol:

I hope the credits will return, too. One of my all time favorite opening credit sequences. But I liked how they did this silent narrative to open the season like they did last year. I kinda liked the whole deus ex MOAB in the opening though. I didn't really see the GR as villains in the traditional sense, but their POV in the series was one I disagreed with and a lot of those GR characters were smug assholes. I like how they're setting up some sort of showdown with the dogs. Maybe dingos since they're heading to Australia soon. 

Does the name Kevin mean anything to you, Nora?

Yes. A dingo ate him. 

I loved the episode. Quite an emotional one. But the tattoo was hilarious, as was the trampoline scene. She walked in on Kevin choking himself :) 

Not sure quite what to make of the Australia scene, but really liked it and the previews for next episode.

5 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

I just figured this out after reading your post. :lol:

The leftovers style slow piano version of it they did during one of Nora's scenes was what really got me chuckling. 

Anyway the Australia stuff seemed fairly straightforward, I thought. At least compared to last week's. Those women are under the (correct) impression that a chief of police named Kevin is ...important and comes back to life when he dies. It seems likely that they read Matt's book. Anyway they clearly got the wrong guy, which Kevin Sr. will surely realize. So it seems like he has a different agenda than the women. 

Also I'm thinking that fire Kevin Sr. was dancing around was related to how he communicated with Kevin in the 'hotel" at the end of last season..

51 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Wasn't one of the ladies the same one that asked old Nora about Kevin in 3x01 though? 

Hm, I did not notice that but it's possible. But even it one of them was, what's the issue? 

If anything this could explain why older Nora would claim that the name Kevin didn't mean anything to her. The woman she sells the pigeons to could be a member of a guilty remnant like cult that is looking for Kevin. Either because they want to stop him or help him do whatever.

Archived