Choose your (Valyrian) steel

One-eyed Misbehavin

Decisions decisions...should I choose Dark Sister because of its extreme excellence and history?  Blackfyre to rouse the rebels?  Orphan-Maker of the black blade?  Ah geez I'm going with Truth so I could finally know something useful about it!

Also have to go with Long Claw...  I believe it's the oldest Valyrian sword that we know of, and there's a certain amount of street cred that goes along with that. 

Not to get too off topic, but I'm thinking Lord Cregan got Longclaw from the Ironborn and gave it to the Mormont's.  I think there's a possibility it dates back to the Age of Hero's.  Either brought to Westeros by the early adventurers from Essos, or smithed in Westeros by the Grey King.

Silly me... King Cregan

Longclaw. I'm tall and big enough to be able to use a bastard sword one-handed, so fighting with that in one hand and a shield in the other would be difficult to deal with. Also, should the shield not be available, I could swing the sword two-handed.

I'm hoping someone in the series captures both Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail and resmelts them back into Ice Reforged and presents it back to the Stark family, once every Lannister bar Tyrion is fertiliser.

Truth.

The sword of House Rogare. I have this cute little head-canon that this sword is what Quaithe was talking about when Dany asked what she would find in Asshai that she wouldn't find in Qarth.

In reality, I probably couldn't even lift one of these. I'd need a VS sword like Needle to be able to fight.

6 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

Decisions decisions...should I choose Dark Sister because of its extreme excellence and history?  Blackfyre to rouse the rebels?  Orphan-Maker of the black blade?  Ah geez I'm going with Truth so I could finally know something useful about it!

I almost went orphan-maker/dawn just for the colors. But I want Aemon and Daemon and Bloodraven's sword

35 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Truth.

The sword of House Rogare. I have this cute little head-canon that this sword is what Quaithe was talking about when Dany asked what she would find in Asshai that she wouldn't find in Qarth.

In reality, I probably couldn't even lift one of these. I'd need a VS sword like Needle to be able to fight.

:commie:go @Lady Blizzardborn stick them with the pointy end

But you need never engage in combat I shall defend your honor my lady

And that's a cool little speculation I find that part of dany-quaithe the Most odd

I'll go with Red Rain, not because I identify with House Drumm in any way, but because it is the title of a Peter Gabriel song that I've always liked. 

Come to think of it, the song was released in '86 so I wouldn't be surprised if GRRM is referencing it in some way. 

Archived