Jon Snow = Pink Letter Writer

Lost Umber

27 minutes ago, Lost Umber said:

Now that this irrefutably solved, is there a way to lock and pin the thread so we don't have to read any more inane theories on the subject? 

That way we can move onto the more pressing matters of Jojen paste and "Daario is X"

Don't get me started on paste. 

4 minutes ago, YOVMO said:

I liked Jon for the author for a little while too. After all, the end result of the pink letter is that Jon now has an excuse to do what he has wanted to do ever since he tried to ride south in book 1 and was stopped by Sam and the Gang. I think there is one single damning piece of evidence that totally ruins this otherwise very good theory and it was pointed out to me on this board when I suggested that Jon wrote the Pink Letter....I wish I could remember who it was, but I cannot....the pink letter is read during a Jon POV chapter. There is no way it could have the effect it did on Jon from Jon's POV if Jon wrote it. If it was anyone else's POV chapter you could easily have said Jon was faking it, but that it was a Jon chapter, IMO, totally demolishes any thought that he was the author.

That's why it has to be Mormont's raven. And we all know who's warging that old bird. How many eyes does Bloodraven have? 

28 minutes ago, Lost Umber said:

Now that this irrefutably solved, is there a way to lock and pin the thread so we don't have to read any more inane theories on the subject? 

That way we can move onto the more pressing matters of Jojen paste and "Daario is X"

Don't forget the X+Y=J (where x and y are anyone but Rhaegar and Lyanna), and everyone and their dog is a secret Targ, and my personal fave, Bloodraven was skinchanging into... everyone and everything! :P

Just now, Lost Melnibonean said:

That's why it has to be Mormont's raven. And we all know who's warging that old bird. How many eyes does Bloodraven have? 

wait, are you suggesting that Mormont's raven, warged by BR, wrote the pink letter? Where did he hold the quill? How did he get the cap off the maester's ink, how did he melt the wax for the seal? why no evidence of bird doodie?

1 minute ago, YOVMO said:

wait, are you suggesting that Mormont's raven, warged by BR, wrote the pink letter? Where did he hold the quill? How did he get the cap off the maester's ink, how did he melt the wax for the seal? why no evidence of bird doodie?

Clearly, the author was signalling this by describing the seal as a pink smear. It's an allusion to the red 40 food dye they lace the Raven's food with. 

6 minutes ago, YOVMO said:

He's a clever bird. No other explanation is necessary. 

1 minute ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Clearly, the author was signalling this by describing the seal as a pink smear. It's an allusion to the red 40 food dye they lace the Raven's food with. 

First of all, it is very clear that the Pink Letter is a secret Targaryen. I am guessing Aegon IV + Jeyne Lothston = Pink Letter making the PL not just a secret Targaryen but half brother to Bloodraven. I suppose this could lend some kind of credence to this theory if it wasn't so painfully clear that Bloodraven would never want to reveal the heritage of the Pink Letter as the PL is the rightful king of Westeros.

5 minutes ago, Lost Umber said:

He's a clever bird. No other explanation is necessary. 

Tricksy Lost Umber, the bird is Tricksy

I have it on authority that the author of the Pink Letter went under the pseudonym of G.R.R.M.

The letters must be some kind of clue. Going on first name basis we can infer that Gendry, Galbert Glover or Galazza Galare may stand for the G. The Rs are obviously Ramsay and Roose. M can only really mean Mance.

No J there so I am afraid we have to rule him out after all.

11 minutes ago, YOVMO said:

First of all, it is very clear that the Pink Letter is a secret Targaryen. I am guessing Aegon IV + Jeyne Lothston = Pink Letter making the PL not just a secret Targaryen but half brother to Bloodraven. I suppose this could lend some kind of credence to this theory if it wasn't so painfully clear that Bloodraven would never want to reveal the heritage of the Pink Letter as the PL is the rightful king of Westeros.

Tricksy Lost Umber, the bird is Tricksy

You touch it with a needle, my friend. 

7 minutes ago, Amris said:

I have it on authority that the author of the Pink Letter went under the pseudonym of G.R.R.M.

The letters must be some kind of clue. Going on first name basis we can infer that Gendry, Galbert Glover or Galazza Galare may stand for the G. The Rs are obviously Ramsay and Roose. M can only really mean Mance.

I am sorry, but if you don't have a Dayne in there, your reasoning just doesn't hold water. (Jon, Daenerys, and Aegon being triplets birthed near a lemon tree by Ashara Dayne and fathered by Brandon Stark, of course.) 

14 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

I am sorry, but if you don't have a Dayne in there, your reasoning just doesn't hold water. (Jon, Daenerys, and Aegon being triplets birthed near a lemon tree by Ashara Dayne and fathered by Brandon Stark, of course.) 

They weren't triplets birthed near a lemon tree by ashara dayne and fathered by Brandon stark! The were triplets birthed near Brandon Stark by Ashara Dayne and her unholy love affair with a lemon tree, which was warged by bloodraven, from the future

1 hour ago, Amris said:

Well, to be fair it could be Missandei. But I much prefer Mance who is really Daario, who is really Benjen, who is really Rhaegar! :uhoh:

@St Daga

yes that is my thought as well. Jon has given himself away to the Red Woman. Now she knows what he wants, and that he will do things not necessarily 'allowed' to get it. Namely Arya.  I doubt that Mel would pass up any chance to use that advantage to get Jon exactly where she/Stannis wants him. Mance could somehow be involved as well/instead of Stannis. It could be his way of letting Mel know he finished his part, now she must do hers.

The Clydas connection has always stood out to me too. He looks so scared when he brings the letter, i mean - does he think Jon will 'blame the messenger' for the message? If he doesn't know what's inside, then what is he afraid of? I feel like someone is pressuring him to bring it, hence the nervousness. 

1 hour ago, YOVMO said:

They weren't triplets birthed near a lemon tree by ashara dayne and fathered by Brandon stark! The were triplets birthed near Brandon Stark by Ashara Dayne and her unholy love affair with a lemon tree, which was warged by bloodraven, from the future

You are confusing ASOIAF with Evil Dead. 

No reason to ridicule the theory proposed by @Lost Umber. I personally do not think it was Jon who wrote the letter, but:

I have not seen any waterproof  theory on the author of the Pink Letter. Candidates I have seen in the different theories are: Stannis, Ramsay Bolton, Roose Bolton, Mance Rayder, Theon, Wyman Manderly, someone at CB (e.g. Melisandre, Jon Snow, Clydas)

The questions are:

1. Who had all Information mentioned in the letter?
    • None of the possibel candidates disposed of all Information at a first glance.
    • Assuming a flux of information between CB, Winterfell, Stannis' camp would solve this problem for each of the candidates
    • Assuming that the author made a wild guess on a detail would also solve the problem.
  2. Who had a motive?
    • A motive can be thought of for all candidates.
  3. Who had the occasion and the means to write and dipatch the letter?
    • In principal all candidates, though for some it would have been clearly easy (paper, ink, quill, wax, raven at hand); very difficult to imagine for Theon, difficult for Mance, Lord Manderly.

What really speaks again Jon being the author is that we have his POV view while reading the letter, and it would be very surprising not to get a hint through his thoughts.

3 hours ago, Lost Umber said:

(I should admit, if it wasn't obvious, that the OP was written as a bit of a joke after reading too many "X wrote the pink letter" posts. But now I'm 100% sold on the idea that dastardly Clydas wrote it). 

@Greywater-Watch no one is ridiculing anyone, The thread was started as a bit of a joke because ^.  Humor is sorely lacking on the boards lately.

5 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Humor is sorely lacking on the boards lately.

The audacity you have to say this! Humor lacking on the boards? Lately??????? I feel very offended by this. What do you even mean by "board" is that some kind of pejorative against people who play Cyvasse? Really, someone needs to monitor these discussions. I feel very aggrieved and will be speaking to my attorneys...the law firm of X+Y=J 

1 minute ago, YOVMO said:

The audacity you have to say this! Humor lacking on the boards? Lately??????? I feel very offended by this. What do you even mean by "board" is that some kind of pejorative against people who play Cyvasse? Really, someone needs to monitor these discussions. I feel very aggrieved and will be speaking to my attorneys...the law firm of X+Y=J 

:P     hey, waaaait uno momento. I thought you agreed to be my attorney if I needed one.

Hush now little aggrieved one, Do not awaken the enforcer, the bear or the stubby one.

5 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

:P     hey, waaaait uno momento. I thought you agreed to be my attorney if I needed one.

Hush now little aggrieved one, Do not awaken the enforcer, the bear or the stubby one.

ok, I am letting you off the hook this time but if I find you using sarcasm, humor, jocularity, playfulness, jest, jocose, joshing, wackiness or whimsy again I won't go so easy on you! This is A Song of Ice and Fire and not A Sportive of Ice and Fire. Please try to keep it in mind.

33 minutes ago, Arya_Stupid! said:

The Clydas connection has always stood out to me too. He looks so scared when he brings the letter, i mean - does he think Jon will 'blame the messenger' for the message? If he doesn't know what's inside, then what is he afraid of? I feel like someone is pressuring him to bring it, hence the nervousness. 

That Clydas really is a shady character. Buddying up with Chett all those years. And how was he reading letters for Maester Aemon all those years if he was really half blind?  

And just look at him.. here. If that's not the face of evil, then I don't what is. 

Archived