Corvinus

Rank your 2017 TV shows throughout the year

27 posts in this topic

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:32 PM, Risto said:

I don't want to live in the world where The Americans are out of any Top 10 list  

Actually, you're right. The Americans is an excellent show, and could easily crack my top ten...... if not it would be close.

Big Little Lies is surprisingly good. I binged the first four episodes. I can't believe wealthy white women whining about their lives and kids is so damn compelling. Well done on David E. Kelly and the director, Vallee.

Big Little Lies is really good. It's only two episodes in here in the UK, but I think it's misleading and unfair to say it's a show about "wealthy white women complaining about their lives and kids" as though that somehow negates the very serious underlying issue it's dealing with

Fortitude S2

Grimm

The Walking Dead S7

Taboo

That says a lot about how annoying Taboo was.

Legion S1

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend S2 (started airing in 2016 but ended 2017, plus I only started watching this year, so I'll include it on the list)

Big Little Lies

The Last Kingdom S2

A Series of Unfortunate Events S1

Taboo S1

Santa Clarita Diet S1

Iron Fist S1

Bumping up TLK. Adding Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. The second season was brilliant throughout, and the finale was perfect. Loved it so much. Hopefully it gets an Emmy nod this year, it's so well written, and Rachel Bloom and Donna Lynne Champlain are wonderful

Edited by HelenaExMachina

Legion - One of my favorites this year, mini binging 2 episodes at a time now

Big Little Lies - Pretty damn well acted and written show. Deals with a lot of deeply personal issues and has you caring about the characters pretty quickly, only one episode left already!

Taken - Sort of a prequel to the movies. I have only seen a couple episodes and I have liked it so far

Taboo - Had really high expectations, by the end of S1 I was ready for it to be done

24 Legacy - I like the format and the people so for me this has been a good show

Designated Survivor - Much like 24 I like the actors and subject matter. Not sure that this could survive more than 2-3 seasons though

Just a few updates from me...I keep thinking I must be missing some shows but I spent the earlier part of this year getting caught up on some things from last year like The Man in the High Castle, which continued to be just OK, but as that's a 2016 show I'll leave it off this list. But for this year, Baskets was once again brilliant but the big surprise is Feud which has been absolutely stellar.

1. The Young Pope
2. Feud
3. The Expanse
4. Baskets
5. Black Sails
6. Girls
7. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
8. The Magicians
9. The Mick
10. Sherlock
11. Taboo