TTTNE (v.468) AB I - a title of one's own

HexMachina

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I don't know what I am doing with my life.

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Me either. Looking for a house I can't afford, applying for jobs I don't really want,doing a degree with a number of people I don't really like. Living the dream...

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

:eek: you are me!!!! 

So for once I'm The organised one :mellow:.

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Oh hush. You always played the long game and had your plan figured out. :love: 

@RhaenysB its probably just my almost-graduating crisis...i'm sure it will work out, and for you too...

Quarter life crisis. It will pass... or so they say :eek: 

I'm in a vitally important discussion with a friend about what is vital to human survival. We are both reading a (different) book on the topic and the authors seem to be in disagreement. 

Food, water, sex, fresh air, liveable temperature, medicine, communication 

Pick 5 to survive. 

3 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Who does?

Lady Sidious here, apparently.

I graduated a few mobths ago. My internship is until the end of April, as is my rent. After that, I will have to move back here, unless I can find some sort of a job to support me and a place to stay after that.

I do not feel like I want to live here (that is with my parents) anymore. I cannot say that to them because it sounds ungrateful. But I really like it in New Buckkeep, I like my life there much better. I almost have no friends and no social life here, and it thrives up there. I found myself there, I like being so independent. I want this part of my life to stay as it is.

But then, I have no idea what kind of a job to be looking for right now - and even less of an idea of how to do it somewhere else where I have even less of a clue how the market works - not that I have much of a clue about that here even.

3 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Food, water, sex, fresh air, liveable temperature, medicine, communication 

Pick 5 to survive. 

Food, water, fresh air, liveable temperature, communication.

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Because you are that much older than us. In x=your age-ours years we will have it figured out too :o at least I hope so. 

I turn 29 this month, aren't you 25?, that's not that big of a difference :P.

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Oh hush. You always played the long game and had your plan figured out. :love: 

Of course, first the courts,then the world, then the galaxy shall be mine mwhhhaaaaa.

Also I was musing on this thought, would a floppy eared hop hop be called a flop hop?.

1 minute ago, Lord Sidious said:

Of course, first the courts,then the world, then the galaxy shall be mine mwhhhaaaaa.

Also I was musing on this thought, would a floppy eared hop hop be called a flop hop?.

No, I only recently turned 24. And 5 years is a big difference. I don't mean that you are "old", you obviously aren't, but thinking back on what I was like 5 years ago and what I am like now, it's a big difference. I learned a lot and grew a lot as a person in 5 years and I hope to learn even more and potentially find myself in a new phase of life in another 5 years. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Flop hop? Floppy hoppy? Sounds about right. 

My hop hop is just over 6 now. I didn't realise it had been so long.

4 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

If it isn't, it should be.

23 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Lady Sidious here, apparently.

I graduated a few mobths ago. My internship is until the end of April, as is my rent. After that, I will have to move back here, unless I can find some sort of a job to support me and a place to stay after that.

I do not feel like I want to live here (that is with my parents) anymore. I cannot say that to them because it sounds ungrateful. But I really like it in New Buckkeep, I like my life there much better. I almost have no friends and no social life here, and it thrives up there. I found myself there, I like being so independent. I want this part of my life to stay as it is.

But then, I have no idea what kind of a job to be looking for right now - and even less of an idea of how to do it somewhere else where I have even less of a clue how the market works - not that I have much of a clue about that here even.

That sucks, I can relate. How far away is old Buckkeep from the new one? Would it be hard to keep in touch with your friends?

And yeah, same.

3 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

No, I only recently turned 24. And 5 years is a big difference. I don't mean that you are "old", you obviously aren't, but thinking back on what I was like 5 years ago and what I am like now, it's a big difference. I learned a lot and grew a lot as a person in 5 years and I hope to learn even more and potentially find myself in a new phase of life in another 5 years. 

I am a youth of a mere 254 months. I certainly hope to find myself in a new stage of life in 5 years or so. (ETA: preferably one with a job and somewhere to live would be nice)

23 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Yes indeed. The sas survival guide agrees with you. A spiritual phsycholgist doesn't. Medicine and communication is a close call, but sex definitely doesn't score in the top five. We tried to figure out if the context was different, my book obviously aims for short-term survival. And maybe my friend's book means long-term survival and the survival of humanity and not one individual human. And yes without sex humanity would indeed die out on the long run, but it would die out a lot lot sooner without water or fresh air or liveable temperature. 

3 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I am a youth of a mere 254 months. I certainly hope to find myself in a new stage of life in 5 years or so. (ETA: preferably one with a job and somewhere to live would be nice)

That is an outrage. How dare you be so young? 

And don't worry a job and a place to live will sort itself out in a few months, you won't have to wait 5 years for that. 

3 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Is it bad that I somehow thought you were way older than this? :P 

Not at all. It's the bathing in blood at the full moon you see. Very good for the complexion, terrible for ageing the mind.

2 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

That is an outrage. How dare you be so young? 

And don't worry a job and a place to live will sort itself out in a few months, you won't have to wait 5 years for that. 

Well I got rejected from the job I actually wanted last week. Which I kind of expected, but I did still respond with a bottle or two of wine and some ill-advised decisions. Some people don't deal so well with failure...

I'm kind of sorted with a house, in the sense we have found some places which are affordable provided we are able to get a job with an average salary (Planning to house-share with two friends). The problem will be securing a deposit, because while I am comfortable enough financially at the moment, I'm not in a position to shell out massive deposits. And even assuming I get a job I'll obviously not be paid until after I have moved in, so that doesn't really help. Busy working that out at the minute. 

Archived