TTTNE (v.468) AB I - a title of one's own

HexMachina

27 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

No, I only recently turned 24. And 5 years is a big difference. I don't mean that you are "old", you obviously aren't, but thinking back on what I was like 5 years ago and what I am like now, it's a big difference. I learned a lot and grew a lot as a person in 5 years and I hope to learn even more and potentially find myself in a new phase of life in another 5 years. 

I guess it's different for everyone, I feel like I've grown very little in the last 5 years :/.

26 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Flop hop? Floppy hoppy? Sounds about right. 

My hop hop is just over 6 now. I didn't realise it had been so long.

24 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

If it isn't, it should be.

I decree floppy eared hop hops are now called flop hops :P.

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

If it isn't, it should be.

That sucks, I can relate. How far away is old Buckkeep from the new one? Would it be hard to keep in touch with your friends?

And yeah, same.

6 hours by train. Less with a car, obviously, but that means you have to be able to afford a car and trust your own driving such distances, which I don't. Going back to see the family every one and a half to two months for a few days is just about right at the moment.

And as I said, I have way more of a social life in the New Buckkeep than here. I kind of missed on a big part of the whole being social during your teenage and uni years, and I am enjoying the hell out of it now. I have just a few friend here, and we hear from each other sporadically. It does not feel hard.

@HelenaExMachina, you are so young. Now I feel even more of a loser ... at least you are already applying for serious jobs, while I do not even know where to start right now.

If I move back here, I suppose at least I could contact where I used to teach and probably do some teaching while looking for something more permanent.

9 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Well I got rejected from the job I actually wanted last week. Which I kind of expected, but I did still respond with a bottle or two of wine and some ill-advised decisions. Some people don't deal so well with failure...

I'm kind of sorted with a house, in the sense we have found some places which are affordable provided we are able to get a job with an average salary (Planning to house-share with two friends). The problem will be securing a deposit, because while I am comfortable enough financially at the moment, I'm not in a position to shell out massive deposits. And even assuming I get a job I'll obviously not be paid until after I have moved in, so that doesn't really help. Busy working that out at the minute. 

Being rejected from a job always sucks, but you will eventually find something. Everybody gets rejected a couple times before they find a job. 

A flat will sort itself out, don't worry. It's about the trickiest things to get, imo. My flat situation is still a big question mark. I finally found this awesome flat but the owner is being an ass. Long story short, he rejected the absolute last offer we gave  and demands an extra €1600. It's completely ridiculous, how stupid does he think we are? In any case, if he can't let his bloody €1600 go, I'll let his flat go and he can see how much he gets for it... 

22 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Being rejected from a job always sucks, but you will eventually find something. Everybody gets rejected a couple times before they find a job. 

A flat will sort itself out, don't worry. It's about the trickiest things to get, imo. My flat situation is still a big question mark. I finally found this awesome flat but the owner is being an ass. Long story short, he rejected the absolute last offer we gave  and demands an extra €1600. It's completely ridiculous, how stupid does he think we are? In any case, if he can't let his bloody €1600 go, I'll let his flat go and he can see how much he gets for it... 

Wait wait wait .... 1600 €???? What are the rents like in Hungary? You cannot mean euros, do you?

3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Sorry double post. 

This wretched week is almost over. 

i agree this has been a mother of a week...taxes...taxes....taxes...and a head cold... :stillsick:

however i have also been working on titles etc...not as easy as it looked from the cheap seats

coronation set for Sunday

and for giggles...my kinda rabbit

:leer:

2 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Urghg, my Microsoft Office has stopped working. I need to repair it, so I goes to the Control Panel to repair it. Only to be told'repairing microsoft office 2010 was unsuccessful because an internet connection is required.' Evidently my internet is working.

#Windowsproblems

37 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Oh good god. For the first time in five days I have time to sit down without having to do anything or run anywhere. What a strangely satisfying feeling. 

I know what you mean, I'm looking forward to a weekend of sleep :D.

7 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Wait wait wait .... 1600 €???? What are the rents like in Hungary? You cannot mean euros, do you?

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

No, it's not rent, we would buy the flat. The rents are between €250- €1000 dependent on location and size. 

In London for a 1 bedroom flat you're probably looking at around €1950 in any decent place. That's rent and that's monthly.

25 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

In London for a 1 bedroom flat you're probably looking at around €1950 in any decent place. That's rent and that's monthly.

That's London. This is Eastern Europe where for a decent 1 bedroom flat in a decent location a monthly rent of €350 is considered sky high, with the average net salary being €550 (a month) . I have a feeling that the average net salary in London might be just a tiny bit higher. All hail Eastern Europe........ 

1 hour ago, ab aeterno said:

Easily this, you're looking at £1100/£1200 for a decent one bedroom even in outer London.

4 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

No, it's not rent, we would buy the flat. The rents are between €250- €1000 dependent on location and size. 

Wow, big plans. I hope you manage to get the perfect one then. Now I also understand better why you were/are so picky about finding the perfect one. ;)

19 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

The rents are SO cheap. SAD!

Yuge price differences. Yuge.

3 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

You know the answer, turn to the Dark Side

Oh at the first chance I get I'll be doing that. Microsoft Office infuriates me and I hate Windows 10, I hate it so much. 

Archived