TTTNE (v.468) AB I - a title of one's own

HexMachina

25 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Are you not haunting it alone by now? :P

Nah, just because you stopped coming, we still had a few few people.

18 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Good thing you were elected here then. 

I was already lord and master of chat.

6 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Nah, she would lose, after all she's only a grapefruit.

Your fights are pretty adorable tbh.

7 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

People are insanely incompetent and bad their jobs in 2017. 

Amazon order - lost 

ASOS order - lost 

Deciem order - lost? On its way? Pending? Hell knows. 

Italaian takeaway gives me literally HALF a box of pasta for lunch.

Asian homedeliver mixes up my order and I get the wrong noodle. 

It's the second half of February. Can we all get our shit together for this year? 

You clearly live in some kind of netherworld not found on google Maps. (Was going to make a Neverwhere reference but I always forget which country you are from, damnit.)

So, an important question. In The Tiger Who Came to Tea, the tiger drinks all the water in the tap. When I was a kid, I assumed that was just a bit of children's book silliness. But is it possible that the house didn't actually have mains water, and the tap was connected to a household tank that really could be emptied by running the tap for too long? It does appear to be set in a city, not a rural area.

9 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

You clearly live in some kind of netherworld not found on google Maps. (Was going to make a Neverwhere reference but I always forget which country you are from, damnit.)

Yes, clearly... will try to contact DHL today and get my bloody package back. 

Update: after three phone calls and three package ID numbers I found out that my package has been in storage since February 6 at the central post office because the delivery person couldn't get in the building  (!!!) to drop the package (or a notification since I obviously wasn't there).

I will move to rural Bangladesh. No postal service, no internet, no nothing. At least I won't be under the impression there that I live in Europe. Because here that's obviously a false impression. 

I haven't had ONE package in 2017 that I could send or receive without difficulty and phone calls and going to three different places and making a scene to poor employees who aren't responsible for the system being stuck in 1950. 

18 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

Your fights are pretty adorable tbh.

Now that you are the king, it is your job to keep them from murdering each other.

13 hours ago, felice said:

So, an important question. In The Tiger Who Came to Tea, the tiger drinks all the water in the tap. When I was a kid, I assumed that was just a bit of children's book silliness. But is it possible that the house didn't actually have mains water, and the tap was connected to a household tank that really could be emptied by running the tap for too long? It does appear to be set in a city, not a rural area.

But then it would not say he drank all the water from the tap, it would say he drank all the water from the tank.

We have such a system where we go to the seaside holiday, the tank gets filled with rainwater and we have to save it, obviously. No idea of any city has such a system.

:commie:

22 minutes ago, Corable said:

No, because I just don't want to deal. 

I think the best is if you just do not respond to whatever she says.

I would offer the same advice to Sidious. If you two cannot talk to each other normally, then just don't.

5 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Good for you. How was the weeked at home? 

Eh. Fine. But right now I am very much looking forward to be up north soon.

Archived