TTTNE (v.468) AB I - a title of one's own

HexMachina

5 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

All true.

For once I actually wasn't exaggerating. It's not unusual for City firms to have 50,000 applicants for some of their training programmes. Although that's worldwide to be fair. The same rules apply though, and they use the degree and grade to cut those numbers down sharply.

ETA: Should say that's probably for like 500 positions. So roughly 100/1 ratio.

For non-native English speakers you usually need a CPE or equivalent. 

You just said, those are training programmes. I would assume those usually get most applications from young people straigt out of uni, so it makes sense that they rely on grades.

100 for a position does not sound like an exaggeration anymore. 50000 for one position sounded like one, true.

Well, I am not looking for a job in England ... here, my degree is basically my language skill.

The proof of your language skills is when you talk with me in English/German/French/whatever language is required on the phone/during the interview or fill out the language test we give you. (Of course if you have a degree in a foreign language or have relevant work experience abroad we will believe that you can speak foreign languages without testing it)

I can enclose the digital version of my B2 level German language exam to my application if I So want, but I still won't be able to negotiate for a company at a German business meeting, because all I can say in practice is Wiener Schnitzel mit Kartoffeln für mich, bitte, danke schön, ich möchte bezahlen. 

6 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Was it not something about putting a foot in one's mouth? Or is that one only for talking?

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Putting your foot in your mouth means having said something you shouldn't. Like if you were with a friend and you had a surprise party planned for them and said are you excited for your party tonight?

Or in the midst of coitus screaming out an ex's name.

Or basically anything Boris Johnson ever says.

21 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

brothers and sisters in spam... i have had a really  fucked up 2+ weeks... 50,000 dollars in taxes have been levied and paid....

this interfered with my assuming control of the anarchy that won the 'moot...please forgive me...

but i am trying to get right... so here is the first part of the coronation of ab and the sniffer's new non-rulers of spamland...these are our words and proclamations....

This is the Spamperial Court of 2017

Let it be known that...

HRH ab aeterno, Imperial Emperor of the IRC, High King of Video Games, Lord Fangirl of the Universe, High Chieftain of Geekery, Timeless Ruler of Existence, 

and...

HRH rocksniffer, Head Dawg of Dogs, Lord of Lewdness, Sailor of the Seven Seas, Chief Lifter of Leg, Archmaester of Anarchy, Blazer of Bowls, Slammer of Shots, Supreme Crotch Sniffer and Champion Smoke-Ring Blower 

...are the duel non-ruling Lords of Anarchy...now, and until the end of time...or the next ‘Moot, whichever comes first... 

Further, let it be known that our court shall be called...

The Far Eastern Magical Napping Society and Brothel

Our Motto is...

Life, Liberty, Lewdness!

It shall also be known that we, of The Far Eastern Magical Napping Society and Brothel, stand with all those who have no weapons to wield but wit, regardless of whether they be TTTNErs, or Boarders. Wherever oppressors use their powers of snark to attack those who are powerless, we shall appear...naked... no matter how mighty, how formidable our foe may be. 

Some former intolerant Rulers took innocent lewd images hostage, and then mercilessly executed them. It was a wanton and meaningless act, therefore they have been punished by being forced to watch paint dry. We could not standby and allow such cruelty to be carried out, and so we made them pay for their actions. We will not repudiate battle on a fair and level field, but neither will we tolerate a one-sided massacre of the lewd by the strong. Long Live the Lewd!

Those of you in power, fear us! Those of you without it, rally behind us! Those who don’t care either way should be in charge of libations!

We, the non-rulers of Anarchy, shall be the ones who stand in judgment of this thread! 

these are the proclamations that ab has put forth and i generally support...

Proclamations 

The following 13 proclamations are now in effect: 

1. ab aeterno and rocksniffer will now act as non-ruling Lords of Anarchy for the year, but all the petty decisions the chief anarchists make, must to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting of at least one sane person. A simple majority is needed in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two thirds majority in the case of more lewd events, and of course to authorize a group grope, a unanimous vote is required. 

2. Consensual duels between two posters are now permitted on the condition that whoever wins loses. The method of combat will be the slapping around of people with a large trout while singing Let It Go.  

3. Criticizing Frozen, or otherwise disagreeing with ab, Lord Fangirl of the Universe, on matters of animation, shall be punishable by being fired from a cannon, preferable into the rear end of an elephant. 

4. First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it. 

5. Blessed are the Cheesemakers and the Herbgrowers 

6. A towel being just about the most massively useful thing any interstellar Hitchhiker can carry, inclusion in the thread is contingent upon carrying towel upon your person at all times. 

7. Walking into Mordor, without first plying rocksniffer with liquor is strictly prohibited. 

8. As most people have probably figured out by now, ab, Imperial Emperor of the IRC, High King of Video Games, Lord Fangirl of the Universe, High Chieftain of Geekery, Timeless Ruler of Existence, etc. etc., will at some point lead a bloodless coup and henceforth rule mercilessly for all eternity. Opposition to this coup is prohibited, pursuant to the natural order of the universe. This is the will of Steins Gate.  

9. All matters relating to stripping, streaking and the granting of sexual favours are hereby delegated to Helena, in recognition of her insurmountable experience in these areas..  

10.  You can't leave. She won't let you. 

11. Only a Sith deals in absolutes. Oh, and May the Fourth is now a Public Holiday. And all mention of Midichlorians is hereby outlawed on pain of exile.  

12. This is anarchy. There are no rules. 

I lied, there are only 12. 

Big brother, I'm cool with no rules! 

Which means that I'll be nicknaming myself as CTE (Cora the explorer)

Hated it for the longest time, but just started using it again so yeah.....think its a keeper

5 hours ago, Corable said:

Hated it for the longest time, but just started using it again so yeah.....think its a keeper

But you were doing so well! We trust in you, Cora! Do not let us down! Do not succumb to this base urge to change your nick, resist it a bit longer! And you will be able to say you beat you addiction.

6 hours ago, Corable said:

I won't recognise this and will stick with Princess Pompelmo, one day you will embrace your grapefruity nature, I have foreseen it, it is your destiny.

ok i have drunk away my anger at having to give my state tax assessor a shit load of money...and survived the subsequent hangover from hell

now as to titles...

first let me say, having reviewed titles of the past i must :bowdown: to the imagination and style of the great men and women who have preceded me...

that said some titles are perfect and required no changes...others needed tweaking and still others needed to be generated from scratch...this is not been an easy task...but i am dedicated to getting a fitting title for each and every one of you...yes YOU - the people who fearlessly dove headfirst into the shallow end of the pool and chose me...and AB I...two raging anarchists to refuse to lead you...

...i am now finalizing my choices...

but first...

breakfast

:smoking:

8 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

But you were doing so well! We trust in you, Cora! Do not let us down! Do not succumb to this base urge to change your nick, resist it a bit longer! And you will be able to say you beat you addiction.

Whats the equivalent to a bit longer?

8 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I won't recognise this and will stick with Princess Pompelmo, one day you will embrace your grapefruity nature, I have foreseen it, it is your destiny.

You said if I voted for team anarchy, you'd quit with that!

16 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Im a Sith, I lied, don't take it personally :P.

I don't take anything you say personal.

10 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

THAT's why you voted anarchy? Because you believed she would actually stop? :eek: 

Well that was a bonus, I just wanted to vote for big brother. Missed you, dude!!! :wub:

But yeah, I was hopeful & naive

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

THAT's why you voted anarchy? Because you believed she would actually stop? :eek: 

59 minutes ago, Corable said:

I don't take anything you say personal.

Well that was a bonus, I just wanted to vote for big brother. Missed you, dude!!! :wub:

But yeah, I was hopeful & naive

26 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Music!

"Treachery is the way of the Sith."
Darth Tyranus's final thought[src]

You all need to be more accepting of me, I'm honest about how I am, so you should expect it. Yes I'm likely to be treacherous and stab you in the back, but at the same time, if it really came to it, I can be fiercely loyal and probably the best friend you could ask for-as a bonus I also post cute hop hops.

There's someone here whose screen name has the same first name of my old cohort member. It's a distinctive, rare first name -- he was the only person I have ever met that had it. I thought the person sounds like him too, but I didn't know him that well and I have no idea if he was interested in ASOIAF. 

If it's him, it doesn't bother me. I would think it's kind of cool, actually. All the same, I like my anonymity on the internet, so I don't plan bringing this up to the member.

1 hour ago, Lizard Princess said:

There's someone here whose screen name has the same first name of my old cohort member. It's a distinctive, rare first name -- he was the only person I have ever met that had it. I thought the person sounds like him too, but I didn't know him that well and I have no idea if he was interested in ASOIAF. 

If it's him, it doesn't bother me. I would think it's kind of cool, actually. All the same, I like my anonymity on the internet, so I don't plan bringing this up to the member.

I have no idea what you are talking about but welcome to tttne! :cheers: stay around anonymously and share the fun. (And if there isn't any, feel free to blame the anarchist kings of the thread, Sniffer and ab) 

1 minute ago, RhaenysB said:

I have no idea what you are talking about but welcome to tttne! :cheers: stay around anonymously and share the fun. (And if there isn't any, feel free to blame the anarchist kings of the thread, Sniffer and ab) 

Awww, don't be such a sourpuss. 

2 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

You all need to be more accepting of me, I'm honest about how I am, so you should expect it. Yes I'm likely to be treacherous and stab you in the back, but at the same time, if it really came to it, I can be fiercely loyal and probably the best friend you could ask for-as a bonus I also post cute hop hops.

Was this supposed to make us trust you more? :P I'll give you the hop hops but if I'm taking you up on your offer, how can I trust you to watch my back instead of puncturing it with a lightsaber?

6 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Was this supposed to make us trust you more? :P I'll give you the hop hops but if I'm taking you up on your offer, how can I trust you to watch my back instead of puncturing it with a lightsaber?

You're talking like a Sith. A Jedi would embrace the opportunity to become one with The Force.

Archived