TTTNE (v.468) AB I - a title of one's own

HexMachina

We had a harsh and unusually snowy winter here, according to the people who have spent more than one winter in the city. Spring is very welcome.

I am wearing my thinner coat for the first time today, and we do not need to turn the heating on all that much, and it is warm and sunny. :wub: As much as I love snow and ice, I am glad spring is here.

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Oh god I'm so bored, I didn't have time to buy snacks and a magazine... how will I survive 1+ hour of traveling like this...? *dramatic sigh* 

Music is my go-to time killer for trains and buses, if I've just found a new song I love I usually put it on repeat until I arrive at my destination.

5 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

That makes 5 of us. Plus buckwheat who very wisely doesn't even want to see it. 

Very well, I'll concede that you're not the only one with poor taste.

15 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Fire and blood?

I do not like car chases, so I assume it would not be for me.

It’s one of those movies that you can see with someone who doesn’t want to see the movies you have chosen.The other one can see the cars and except from Tom Hardy you can see the story which is really good.

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Music is my go-to time killer for trains and buses, if I've just found a new song I love I usually put it on repeat until I arrive at my destination.

Very well, I'll concede that you're not the only one with poor taste.

I listened to music too, but I'm not obsessed with any songs at the moment so it was kinda boring in itself. 

I'll not speak more of fury road... let's move on from past disagreements to present problems. 

Where are my titles?!

On 3/3/2017 at 7:03 AM, RhaenysB said:

Hi again! How are you today?  

I was great that day ;). How were you?

----------------

So, earlier I posted about someone who had the distinctive first name of someone I know in their username. Now, I just saw a poster with the same distinctive username of someone at a forum I frequented between 2008-2011 maybe, but still pop into. She also appeared at a forum I went to briefly once. Anyway, this Westeros user's profile contained a link to a blog of hers -- the name of this blogger matched this person of the past, and so did her selfies. This person and I have now been posting in the same places for almost a decade, heh.

1 hour ago, Lizard Princess said:

So, earlier I posted about someone who had the distinctive first name of someone I know in their username. Now, I just saw a poster with the same distinctive username of someone at a forum I frequented between 2008-2011 maybe, but still pop into. She also appeared at a forum I went to briefly once. Anyway, this Westeros user's profile contained a link to a blog of hers -- the name of this blogger matched this person of the past, and so did her selfies. This person and I have now been posting in the same places for almost a decade, heh.

It is a small world, eh, Internet.

This city is very windy.

I am going to spend most of the day tomorrow with the supernatural entity. Good plan.

Today was volunteering-at-a-refugee-centre day. Afternoon was spent playing a board game, colouring a colouring page, telling a story, carrying a 6-year-old on my back and telling kids not to stick the toys into their mouths.

Indeed, Buckwheat! There are probably other "internet world" people I know around here too.

Speaking of the seasons... I grew up in the southeastern US, where the hot weather isn't really a bother unless you're working outside -- our homes all have central AC and we run them pretty much all year. When I moved to Minnesota, I was worried about my apartment not having central AC. The summers are brutal without it, even up here!

14 hours ago, Lizard Princess said:

Indeed, Buckwheat! There are probably other "internet world" people I know around here too.

Speaking of the seasons... I grew up in the southeastern US, where the hot weather isn't really a bother unless you're working outside -- our homes all have central AC and we run them pretty much all year. When I moved to Minnesota, I was worried about my apartment not having central AC. The summers are brutal without it, even up here!

You must have spent a lot of time on the Internet! ;) This board is very international.

AC is not a rule in Europe at all. How warm is it in summers in Minnesota?

What a quiet day in the realm. How about a game, eh?

Central AC is mostly non-existent here and where it does exist, it doesn't work. We usually have an AC unit that was added to houses/flats as a last touch or decades after they were built as part of a renovation. In fact the only time I turn the AC on when it's so hot in summer that the temperature doesn't go below 29-8-7 even at night and the flat/house can't cool down or it's 36-8C outside and Just sitting on front of the tv is making me sweat. 

Buckwheat (in regards to your comment about my internet use): Unfortunately :P!

I don't know if normally this quiet even on the weekends, but my university and many others I think are on Spring break right now.

Here, I would say the daily highs are usually between the upper 70's F or in the 80's F (uhh, like upper 20's and lower 30's in Celsius?) during the summer. 

Yeah, I'm not surprised you all are dreading the summer lol. They aren't very pleasant all the time when you are too warm or hot most of the day. We too only used our wall unit AC on those particularly hot days. It helps, but ours at least doesn't seem to be very efficient. It takes the cool air many hours to circulate through our small apartment.

It has nothing to do with weekend or spring break, it's this quiet because there are barely any people who frequent this thread anymore. It's been like this for about two years now. There used to be a lot more people and a lot more fun. And titles. (No, I won't stop bitching about the titles because it's truly ridiculous that you two anarchists won't post them) 

7 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

It has nothing to do with weekend or spring break, it's this quiet because there are barely any people who frequent this thread anymore. It's been like this for about two years now. There used to be a lot more people and a lot more fun. And titles. (No, I won't stop bitching about the titles because it's truly ridiculous that you two anarchists won't post them) 

These titles are a really big issue for you, huh? 

I presume the delay is because Rocksniffer has been ill, as was outlined earlier. Just have a little patience, I'm sure he'll post them when he has recovered.

RE: The Thread.

The thread is dull because so many of the more interesting or combative people left, after they got tired of being hectored not to post too quickly, or of being chastised for posting anything negative/disagreeing or arguing with anything.

So now, everyone just sits around here talking about their troubles like some sort of virtual therapy group, while Helena solicits for customers and I post youtube videos. So it's no wonder this place is slow and boring, no-one ever talks about anything contentious for fear of upsetting people. The recent Fury Road argument is about as lively as the thread has been in years.

18 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

The thread is dull because so many of the more interesting or combative people left, after they got tired of being hectored not to post too quickly, or of being chastised for posting anything negative/disagreeing or arguing with anything.

So now, everyone just sits around here talking about their troubles like some sort of virtual therapy group, while Helena solicits for customers and I post youtube videos. So it's no wonder this place is slow and boring, no-one ever talks about anything contentious for fear of upsetting people. The recent Fury Road argument is about as lively as the thread has been in years.

That's the illness of the internet. We can't say a thing without offending someone. #freespeech 

I could go on about how fury road sucked but since it's the wrong kind of abnormal, I can't really help. I'll just have to stay boring or I can try posting a YouTube video too. 

As for the titles, that's not the issue, the issue is that you played along with the whole election stuff and once we elected you, you quit playing along. You don't have to do titles, if you don't want to, but do something (and by something I mean other than telling us we are boring). Or if you didn't want to do something why play along in the first place knowing that you'll quit playing along? 

Spoiler

Not that it's any of my business, meaning no offence, all the disclaimer the internet taught me to add whenever expressing a faintly opinionated thought. 

2 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

That's the illness of the internet. We can't say a thing without offending someone. #freespeech 

I could go on about how fury road sucked but since it's the wrong kind of abnormal, I can't really help. I'll just have to stay boring or I can try posting a YouTube video too. 

As for the titles, that's not the issue, the issue is that you played along with the whole election stuff and once we elected you, you quit playing along. You don't have to do titles, if you don't want to, but do something (and by something I mean other than telling us we are boring). Or if you didn't want to do something why play along in the first place knowing that you'll quit playing along? 

Hide contents

Not that it's any of my business, meaning no offence, all the disclaimer the internet taught me to add whenever expressing a faintly opinionated thought. 

I don't have the list of titles, and even if I did, rocksniffer has been working on them, so it would be inappropriate for me to post them without his go ahead. 

1 hour ago, ab aeterno said:

And with such lacklustre results. No libido in this thread, none. Sad!

Archived