TTTNE (v.468) AB I - a title of one's own

HexMachina

9 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Neither did La La Land, ugh I hated being made to go and watch that.

I didn't watch La La Land. I still don't want to. I might make myself watch it to see what the hype is about, I'm not interested in the least. I dislike both Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling and I especially dislike them as a couple in a movie. 

La La Land was... uniquely disappointing as a musical. Technically excellent, but the songs weren't memorable or powerful and the score was good but not great.

However, on the bright side, Disney and Pixar picked up two more animation Oscars, even if Your Name. didn't get the nomination it deserved. 

6 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Was it as bad as it looked? :lol: 

this year didnt have many stand outs but I wish Arrival or Hell or High Water had won more stuff. 

Yes it was as bad as it looked, I think they should let me score a musical, I'd make it far more interesting.

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

Yes it was as bad as it looked, I think they should let me score a musical, I'd make it far more interesting.

Tbh there should be a Star Wars musical charting the rise and fall of Palpatine, using popular songs from the 20th/21st century.

Otherside by RHCP sung by Anakin after he kills Mace Windu.

Another One Bites the Dust sung by Palpatine and the Clone Troopers during Order 66.

And of course, the musical opens and closes with Palpatine singing Sympathy for the Devil. 

29 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

Tbh there should be a Star Wars musical charting the rise and fall of Palpatine, using popular songs from the 20th/21st century.

Otherside by RHCP sung by Anakin after he kills Mace Windu.

Another One Bites the Dust sung by Palpatine and the Clone Troopers during Order 66.

And of course, the musical opens and closes with Palpatine singing Sympathy for the Devil. 

Best idea ever!.

14 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

It's a five-day excuse to drink until you vomit out your liver here.

O.o I mean I know that literally everything is just an excuse to drink until you vomit your liver out but I never heard of carnival in particular being associated with that. Well good drinking and/or donut eating to all! 

So is it one day or 5 days or 8 days or 40 days? 

19 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

O.o I mean I know that literally everything is just an excuse to drink until you vomit your liver out but I never heard of carnival in particular being associated with that. Well good drinking and/or donut eating to all! 

So is it one day or 5 days or 8 days or 40 days? 

It's not that widespread, we're like the only province in the Netherlands that celebrates it this way. I don't really know why, but everyone dressed up and gets absolutely shitfaced...

...everyone, that is, except me, because I have to work :rolleyes: I don't miss it that much though, every bar is crowded as hell and Dutch carnaval music is literally the worst kind of music in existence.

ETA: It's five days.

3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

No, unfortunately it's only Tuesday yet. 

Carnival? That's a specific day? 

It is a few days actually, today being the last. People (mostly children) dress up and have parties and go door to door asking for sweets. Like Halloween. We don't do Halloween all that much.

And it is an excuse to eat these.

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

It's not that widespread, we're like the only province in the Netherlands that celebrates it this way. I don't really know why, but everyone dressed up and gets absolutely shitfaced...

...everyone, that is, except me, because I have to work :rolleyes: I don't miss it that much though, every bar is crowded as hell and Dutch carnaval music is literally the worst kind of music in existence.

ETA: It's five days.

carnival here sort of stopped happening after 4th grade. Before that we dressed up and had a carnival party but even then I had no idea WHEN exactly carnival was or if it was one or multiple days. Then carnival just sort of disappeared from my life.

god my life is a complete mess and it's nowhere just like it was 6 years ago. So can I please at least have my Internet forum spam thread honorary title, oh rulers of anarchy? :rofl: 

3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

carnival here sort of stopped happening after 4th grade. Before that we dressed up and had a carnival party but even then I had no idea WHEN exactly carnival was or if it was one or multiple days. Then carnival just sort of disappeared from my life.

god my life is a complete mess and it's nowhere just like it was 6 years ago. So can I please at least have my Internet forum spam thread honorary title, oh rulers of anarchy? :rofl: 

Same for me, except now it's making an alcohol-fueled comeback.

Oh dear :P What's going on?

Archived