HelenaExMachina

TTTNE (v.468) AB I - a title of one's own

1,008 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ab aeterno said:

Liar. Sith don't wear whites.

Of course we do, they're great for undercover work.

15 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

 

 

while @Lord Sidious could play with her hop hops and get a new set of robes and pair of shoes every day. Well how does that sound?

Ooooo pretty shoes:wub:, and Cara:wub:, as much as you make valid points JQC is a Jedi and I must oppose her, not to do so would be to go against my very nature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Let's test this theory. 

What? Why?  Why would you vote for anarchy? When you could follow me... and vote JQC!

And discuss interesting topics and have glühwine and getting more prizes for being a language and literature ace while you wear these fluffy socks all day long.

 

while @Lord Sidious could play with her hop hops and get a new set of robes and pair of shoes every day. Well how does that sound?

Some things are more important. Like freedom, and lewdness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ab aeterno said:

Some things are more important. Like freedom, and lewdness. 

Freedom was the number one thing JQC promised in her first -non YouTube- speech, therefore, all who understand the importance of freedom should follow her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RhaenysB said:

Freedom was the number one thing JQC promised in her first -non YouTube- speech, therefore, all who understand the importance of freedom should follow her. 

Actually, I posted more freedom speeches, and she denounced them all. You'd know if you'd watched any of them. :P

Besides, there's no freedom under a monarch. True freedom only comes through anarchy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

Actually, I posted more freedom speeches, and she denounced them all. You'd know if you'd watched any of them. :P

Besides, there's no freedom under a monarch. True freedom only comes through anarchy.

But I didn't. No regrets.

Anarchy is not freedom, it's a black hole that swallows all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RhaenysB said:

But I didn't. No regrets.

Anarchy is not freedom, it's a black hole that swallows all. 

 

I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries, a world where anything is possible. Where we go from there, is a choice I leave to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

 

I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries, a world where anything is possible. Where we go from there, is a choice I leave to you.

I know. I chose. I voted JQC. 

Because she wanted my vote. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I know. I chose. I voted JQC. 

Because she wanted my vote. 

“The major problem—one of the major problems, for there are several—one of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them. 
To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. 
To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made King/Queen should on no account be allowed to do the job.” ― Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Therefore, anarchy is the only reasonable choice. 

Edited by ab aeterno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ab aeterno said:

Besides, there's no freedom under a monarch. True freedom only comes through anarchy.

Anarchy is only freedom for those strong enough to take what they want; everyone else just gets taken from.

1 hour ago, ab aeterno said:

I'm going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries, a world where anything is possible. Where we go from there, is a choice I leave to you.

And we know where that ended up - Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions (only 36% fresh on rottentomatoes.com).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, felice said:

Anarchy is only freedom for those strong enough to take what they want; everyone else just gets taken from.

And we know where that ended up - Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions (only 36% fresh on rottentomatoes.com).

Uh-uh-uh! As Neo said, where we went from there, i.e. Reloaded and Revolutions, was a choice left to you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonight I was supposed to write an essay. Instead I sat in the kitchen listening to my music, drinking wine and eating chocolate. 10/10, would procrastinate again

Edited by HelenaExMachina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

Uh-uh-uh! As Neo said, where we went from there, i.e. Reloaded and Revolutions, was a choice left to you. 

Anarchy is a nice theory. Communism was a nice theory too. Alas, it contradicts human nature too much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Let's test this theory. 

What? Why?  Why would you vote for anarchy? When you could follow me... and vote JQC!

And discuss interesting topics and have glühwine and getting more prizes for being a language and literature ace while you wear these fluffy socks all day long.

:drool::drool::drool: You know so well how to seduce my rational geeky heart, RB.

I think you make a very good PR manager for JQC. But you see, I do not vote for PR managers, I vote for candidates. Those pretty gifts are not coming from the candidate, but from a PR manager. I think you should save these for when you run yourself. If you join forces with JQC, you have my vote inmediately (that is, when I can post after that).

Morning and happy Saturday, spammers! Today's plan is to go shopping on the market and then go visit the refugee centre in the afternoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Anarchy is a nice theory. Communism was a nice theory too. Alas, it contradicts human nature too much. 

Anarchy isn't a theory though, it's an absence of control. It relies on nothing. Communism relies too much on people behaving a certain way.

Besides, this will be an anarchy of awesomeness. 

Edited by ab aeterno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

:drool::drool::drool: You know so well how to seduce my rational geeky heart, RB.

I think you make a very good PR manager for JQC. But you see, I do not vote for PR managers, I vote for candidates. Those pretty gifts are not coming from the candidate, but from a PR manager. I think you should save these for when you run yourself. If you join forces with JQC, you have my vote inmediately (that is, when I can post after that).

Morning and happy Saturday, spammers! Today's plan is to go shopping on the market and then go visit the refugee centre in the afternoon.

I am a campaign manager, look at my avatar. But thank you. 

And I'm sure you can be a little more understanding with a candidate who is currently busy with a job interview. Candidates are busy, they must delegate some of the work, such as seducing voters. I'm sure JQC is ready to negotiate any terms and conditions under which you would consider joining her camp. Wellllllll? 

 

Shopping shopping! I'm going shopping too. And maybe the movies in the evening. And I have already been to a yoga class. What an eventful and productive day. 

42 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

Anarchy isn't a theory though, it's an absence of control. It relies on nothing. Communism relies too much on people behaving a certain way.

Besides, this will be an anarchy of awesomeness. 

Anarchy's implementation is a theory though because human beings seek control and stability by nature. The strong/wealthy always seizes control and feeds on the weak/poor. Laws and regulations are needed to avoid extremities, protect the weak and punish those who do go to extremities. Anarchy cannot sustain itself because people will always want control. After every interregnum a new ruler has risen, after a civilization collapsed a new order was built because people want and need order and control. Anarchy is not the answer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Anarchy's implementation is a theory though because human beings seek control and stability by nature. The strong/wealthy always seizes control and feeds on the weak/poor. Laws and regulations are needed to avoid extremities, protect the weak and punish those who do go to extremities. Anarchy cannot sustain itself because people will always want control. After every interregnum a new ruler has risen, after a civilization collapsed a new order was built because people want and need order and control. Anarchy is not the answer. 

That may be true in the real world, but not here. 

The need for order and control is based upon fear. And it is time to overcome your fear and embrace hope and the goodness of posters. To embrace a brighter, freer, lewder future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

That may be true in the real world, but not here. 

The need for order and control is based upon fear. And it is time to overcome your fear and embrace hope and the goodness of posters. To embrace a brighter, freer, lewder future.

You say that as if there had been ANY control in the past two years here. 

Anybody who ever felt oppressed by the rulers of this thread, come out and say it. 

I would be surprised. Your agenda would have been most apt two or three years ago when we went through threads in one week and were constantly reminded to slow the F down, when we posted nsfw stuff and were asked to take it to chat or pm.  This is not the case anymore. I haven't seen a properly lewd post in months and I haven't seen a reason why anybody would want to oppress this quiet close to empty thread. 

JQC's promise to make it thrive and make it happy and lively again fits the current situation of this thread a lot better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

You say that as if there had been ANY control in the past two years here. 

So if there was no control for the last two years and things were fine, then we'll be fine with anarchy.

It's time to throw off the antiquated shackled of monarchy and embrace the anarcho-syndicalist commune.

Edited by ab aeterno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two questions.

1. Who is that in your avatar, @RhaenysB?

2. Where does the JQC camp (you need a recognisable name as a party, btw) stand on lewdness and on the use of Pebblease?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

So if there was no control for the last two years and things were fine, then we'll be fine with anarchy.

It's time to throw off the antiquated shackled of monarchy and embrace the anarcho-syndicalist commune.

You are contradicting yourself. 

If we were fine so far, why do we need anarchy now? 

7 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Two questions.

1. Who is that in your avatar, @RhaenysB?

2. Where does the JQC camp (you need a recognisable name as a party, btw) stand on lewdness and on the use of Pebblease?

1. Eli Gold (the campaign manager) from The Good Wife. 

2. I am certain that with JQC everybody would be free that be lewd if they so wish. 

What is Pebblease? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now