If You could only read the next books from one characters POV

KyLoMcf

If You could only read the next books from one characters POV who would it be and why? 

I am currently rereading the series and considered how limited the information and picture of the world would be if I only read Jon chapters for example. Wanted to know who you guys and gals would chose If you had to. 

For most characters it just wouldn't make much sense, since significant parts of their development or critical plot info are seen through other's characters eyes.

I think Dany is the one that would work so far, since in the first three books she is alone, and in ADWD her characters work reasonably well by themselves. Jon may work too, but with lot's of issues since a lot of very important events to his character would go unexplained (what happened to Lord Commander Mormont and the others, why he's chosen as LC, the deaths of Ned and Robb, the reason of Stannis sudden arrival, )

I don't think any other POV could work on its own.

Cersei is my favourite POV to read, but I don't know if I could handle a whole book of her narcissism and stupidity.  Jaime is almost as entertaining, but I'd probably have to say Bran because at least he has weirnet access so we could at least see what's happening with other characters.  Unfortunately, Bran's were some of the most plodding chapters for me, so it would be a far less enjoyable read if I had to see it all through Bran's eyes.

On 3.02.2017 at 8:06 PM, Cridefea said:

For the second reading, I've re-read jaime's chapters in Asos, only Jaime's ones, and I liked it. It was an interesting way of re-reading it.

This. And I know that his storyline is not the main one, but one of the most interesting ones and Jaime is fun to follow as a character, which IMO can't be said about many more important characters. Although Bran would probably worked the best narration-wise.

If this question was asked after ASOS, I'd pick Tyrion, but now I'm sort od sick of him.

It's difficult because the characters I enjoy reading the most because of the characters and the characters I enjoy reading the most because of the plot are two different pair of shoes that not often meet since Storm of Swords. 

Character wise I enjoy Jaime the most, with Sansa a close second. However I doubt that these characters will be at the center of action, unless all/most characters come together.

Plot-wise, well I think Jon and Daenerys would be necessary for the coming events.

I agree that FAegon might be interesting, I really liked him and the crew of the Shy Maid in AFFDWD, but I'm not sure if that was only because their chapters at least gave an illusion of progression unlike Dany's where she just sat around and complained.

If i'd be able to pick like five characters it'd probably be Jaime, Sansa, Jon, Daenerys and either Faegon or Bran.

On 03/02/2017 at 10:34 AM, PrinceHenryris said:

Arya!

So far she's produced the most interesting chapters

I'm like of the exact opposite opinion, i find her so incredibly tedious,  for the last the last two books I skipped her chapters during the first read because I couldn't be bothered, I figured I'd read them on a re-read since it would still be at least a year or two before Winds of Witner comes out (that was 2012 btw) I have read them since then, and still found them tedious and mildly annoying. 

Definitely Daenerys. I think her chapters with the dothraki would be the most interesting by far. Her being treated as a prisoner after being treated as a queen would be a refreshing change. I also see her chapters as the most self-contained as all her chapters have been. Bran would be second just because of the three eyed crow but he never really does anything though. Just a lot of sitting around, not like he has a choice.

Archived