US Politics - Trump - Making America Grate!

zelticgar

31 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Hahahaha... looking forward to reading it.

Thanks, but sadly, it seems I won't be finishing it as the boring dweebs of Wikipedia have already written an article on it<_<

24 minutes ago, Nasty LongRider said:

The homeless ants, where were they resettled?  All those ant refugees, I'm sure the current administration will work hard to find homes for the ants who were victims of this terrible hate crime to heal and move on with their lives.   :crying:

The situation is among the worst I've ever seen. Wandering ants everywhere, taking every job they can in order to fill their stomachs. One ant, Tony (6 months) describes how he was forced to work for the Discovery Channel in order to survive: "Everywhere I went there was camera pointing at me. I felt like one of those humans you see in those reality shows".Trump has done nothing to help them, and seems more interested in recruiting them to build his wall. There is truly no decency left in this word.

3 minutes ago, Einheri said:

Thanks, but sadly, it seems I won't be finishing it as the boring dweebs of Wikipedia have already written an article on it<_<

(^^^poopey heads)

The situation is among the worst I've ever seen. Wandering ants everywhere, taking every job they can in order to fill their stomachs. One ant, Tony (6 months) describes how he was forced to work for the Discovery Channel in order to survive: "Everywhere I went there was camera pointing at me. I felt like one of those humans you see in those reality shows".Trump has done nothing to help them, and seems more interested in recruiting them to build his wall. There is truly no decency left in this word.

What!  Using homeless ants to build his wall?!  They don't even need a health/dental plan.  The outrage!!!    :angry2:

Since we had the Dutch video linked in one of the previous threads (not sure whether it was the last one, or the one before that).

This link contains late night show responses from across Europe to Orange Doofus inaugaration speech and its America First part.

Participating countries thus far. The Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Lithuania, Portugal and Switzerland.

This actually scares me. I don't trust Trump to put rational thought over his self-image as a strong leader. I don't even think his supporters trust him to do that, but they probably want to bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran, so they won't give a fuck.

What do you guys think of the final election numbers?

Trump got 62,985,105 votes and House Republicans got 63,153,387 votes..

Clinton got 65,853,625 votes and House Democrats got 61,776,218 votes.

House votes being several million votes behind presidential nominees is standard.  I'm curious what people think Trump's weird numbers show.  Obviously, some Republican voter refused to vote for Trump.  My hunch is that actually several million Republiccans refused to vote for Trump but those numbers were made up for by several million voters who only showed up to vote for Trump.

Does anybody care that this Order was actually drawn up by the Obama administration, and that heavier bans were implemented by Obama? Do they care that almost all of the countries on the travel suspension list have permanent bans on Israelis, ot that Kuwait has recently put forth a ban on five different muslim nations that are also known exporters of terrorists? Would they care if this temporary travel suspension was being put forward by Hillary? I answer 'no' to all.

From the previous thread, @butterbumps!

I'm struggling to understand your view with this.  Laurie is decidedly not the only "true believer" of a cause in that piece (see Roosh V, and he also seems significantly less self aware, as well as less aware of how anything works).

That is not the impression that I got:

I turn to leave, and Roosh suggests that we should start some sort of “fake fight” on the internet, because that’s “part of the game”. “I’m good,” I say, genuinely confused. There is no way I could have a fake fight with this man. We clearly have real, profound differences. I think he’s a dangerous manchild with an army of credulous misogynists at his disposal.

He knows this is a game and has nothing personal against her. The reverse is not the case.

I don't get the condescension toward Laurie, nor do I get why you're painting her as naive.  She points out that unlike Milo, she actually cares about her cause, which means that if they ever went head to head, she'd lose before it even starts (paraphrased).   She's extremely aware that there's a "game," as well as the limits of earnestness in combatting toxic trolling.

I am not condescending towards her, I just think the point of view in the article is sorrowful and I feel sad for her.

I also don't get why you're equating her work with those of the self-described "provocateurs" (trolls).  Feminist writers are basically trolls in your view, or is Laurie a troll specifically?   Is this your way of trying to erase distinction between those writing for civil rights causes and those trolling toxic ideas by calling them both "provocateurs?"

No, I do not consider her a troll -- I was not referring to the methods, but to the ideology. There is no categorical difference between the various forms of identity politics.

2 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

How Stephen Miller's Rise Explains the Trump White House
The young policy adviser became the public face of Trump’s controversial travel ban—and is paying the price for it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/02/how-stephen-millers-rise-explains-the-trump-white-house/515652/

It's about making the lives of millions of people more difficult and miserable. It does nothing to make the US safer. Quite the opposite, and they know it too.  So say also people who have been working on these matters since 9/11.  It's an intentional smoke screen for being mean and nothing else.

And don't feel better or more hopeful.  They are just getting started at figuring out how to consolidate their coup d'etat.  It's not going to stop.  It's going to get a lot lot lot worse and they won't leave power peacefully or willingly -- EVER.

In the meantime people in Janesville, Wisconsin are protesting Paul Ryan's roles in the ban, outside his office. Though it doesn't show it here, according to the radio report it's snowing there quite hard. And there supposedly are a thousand people, not hundreds.  Dunno . . . .

http://www.wclo.com/2017/02/04/hundreds-protest-presidential-travel-ban-in-janesville/

56 minutes ago, Lord of Rhinos said:

What do you guys think of the final election numbers?

Trump got 62,985,105 votes and House Republicans got 63,153,387 votes..

Clinton got 65,853,625 votes and House Democrats got 61,776,218 votes.

House votes being several million votes behind presidential nominees is standard.  I'm curious what people think Trump's weird numbers show.  Obviously, some Republican voter refused to vote for Trump.  My hunch is that actually several million Republiccans refused to vote for Trump but those numbers were made up for by several million voters who only showed up to vote for Trump.

Mosf likely scenario in my mind is a few million voting for Clinton split tickets as a check against a Clinton admin. And a few million only showed up to vote for Trump. 

3 minutes ago, The Killer Snark said:

Had Obama disobeyed the Constitution when he passed a six month ban on two separate occasions on people coming in from Iraq?

I suggest you educate yourself. Facts matter. Difference in situations matter.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/jan/30/donald-trump/why-comparing-trumps-and-obamas-immigration-restri/

30 minutes ago, Altherion said:

He knows this is a game and has nothing personal against her. The reverse is not the case.

Seems to me that this speaks again to her integrity and credibility. He approaches her with this idea because it's likely to improve his cred. She has nothing to gain because he's just a troll. 

Now, if people ask my personal opinion, I myself disagree with the travel ban. But it doesn't worry me, either. My impression, as a European, is that obtaining a Visa in America involves more rigorous procedures than are in place in most of Europe, which is why Europe has been subjected for years to so many terrorist attacks. My opinion is that the outrage over the Order is selective, and that Trump is probably under the impression that he has to be seen to be doing something to mollify his voters, in reponse to the demonstrable failure of bordoral measures elsewhere in the West.

Archived