US Politics - Trump - Making America Grate!

zelticgar

I haven't cited conspiracy theories. No one disputed the veracity of Wikileaks. The Left merely indulged in a spot of conspiracy theorising of their own in claiming Russia were behind the hacks.

Trump also admits that Russia was behind the hacks. Is that also a spot of conspiracy theorizing?

Also, here's the only bit on the posse comitatus act that I have seen Clinton say, and as usual it's nuanced and not easy. Except, of course, that also as usual it is exactly unlike the thing Killer Snark claimed. She was answering a question on WHY people might want to do that and make it easier, and what good it might do, and still said that she opposed it. Here's an excerpt towards the end.

So my husband as governor had to call out the state police. So you had the military inside basically saying under the law we can't do anything even to stop prisoners from Cuba. So it is complicated, but it's complicated in part for a reason, because we do not ever want to turn over to our military the kind of civilian authority that should be exercised by elected officials. So I think that's the explanation.

And

CLINTON: Well, I personally could not favor turning control over to the United States military as much as I respect the United States military. I guess I'm on the other side of this with you.

I think that the civilian rule has served us well, and I don't want to do anything that upsets it even though I have a very personal experience. You remember when Castro opened the prisons and sent all the criminals to the United States?

8 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Also, here's the only bit on the posse comitatus act that I have seen Clinton say, and as usual it's nuanced and not easy. Except, of course, that also as usual it is exactly unlike the thing Killer Snark claimed. She was answering a question on WHY people might want to do that and make it easier, and what good it might do, and still said that she opposed it. Here's an excerpt towards the end.

And

I am trying to find the transcripts of the speeches. I read them fully before the election, and she definitely did say what I said she did. She meant it specifically in relation to expeditious measures in dealing with crisis zones, though the question has to be asked upon what level the State feels it most expeditious to put martial law into practice. It sets a dangerous precedent. And you know it won't be easy for me to find a transcript of the speeches, because I'd have to go over months of updates on Wikileaks in order to find the links. The excerpts found via a Google search are woefully inadequate.

2 hours ago, The Killer Snark said:

Does anybody care that this Order was actually drawn up by the Obama administration, 

You are lying.  There is no way Obama agreed to write up a policy for Trump, and since it does not resemble any policy of the Obama admin, you are a liar.

And that heavier bans were implemented by Obama?

Another Lie

Do they care that almost all of the countries on the travel suspension list have permanent bans on Israelis,

That's their business, now ours, and sure as fuck not the business of some jobless Glaswegian.  Anyways, I thought we were isolationist now?

ot that Kuwait has recently put forth a ban on five different muslim nations that are also known exporters of terrorists?

Again, that's Kuwaits business.  Besides that, what does this policy do to affect change in that Kuwaiti policy?  

Would they care if this temporary travel suspension was being put forward by Hillary?

If frogs could fly would they bump their ass when they hop?

I answer 'no'

Whew!  I was afraid that was a counterfactual hypothetical question with no answer!

I have said this to other posters, and I think you fall in to the same category.  You are a spreader of disinformation.  You lie for neo-nazis with the explicit goal of raising the noise level to a point where it is too difficult to discern the signal.  This is because the truth hurts your ideas, because most people find them disgusting.  So you muddy the waters, and say "well I don't trust any of them", and "they are all the same" and "all the media outlets lie" and eventually you hope you get to the point where some really sick shit gets done, and if it gets reported you can call it a lie of the MSM.  I think thats where Trump thought he was, but he wasn't, and now he's getting spanked, and so out goes the call to get loyal bros to muddy the waters.

I do not expect you to ever admit that there are differences between Obama's policy and Trumps - or any policy that has gone before and Trump's, but there is; both in scope and in the lines it deliberately crosses.  You can split all the hairs you want, but you are not fooling anyone, except maybe yourself.  I do however feel it is important to point out that at least some of us on the boards see you for what you are, and have no qualms on calling you out as the liar for Neo-Nazis that you are.

Just now, The Killer Snark said:

I am trying to find the transcripts of the speeches. I read them fully before the election, and she definitely did say what I said she did. She meant it specifically in relation to expeditious measures in dealing with crisis zones, though the question has to be asked upon what level the State feels it most expeditious to put martial law into practice. It sets a dangerous precedent. And you know it won't be easy for me to find a transcript of the speeches, because I'd have to go over months of updates on Wikileaks in order to find the links. The excerpts found via a Google search are woefully inadequate.

I think you're full of shit, honestly. 

Wikileaks is pretty easy to search, and the speech is also really easy to find because it is in precisely one email. The above that I linked was the actual transcript from Wikileaks, mind you, from a right-wing news agency. But hey, knock yourself out trying to find the proof. (spoiler alert: you won't). 

4 minutes ago, BloodRider said:

Again, that's Kuwaits business.  Besides that, what does this policy do to affect change in that Kuwaiti policy?  

It's also a lie. Again, linked above.

8 minutes ago, The Killer Snark said:

No it doesn't.  One does not set a precedent by speculating during a speech.  Again with the lies.  For fucking shame.  And if it is so wrong, then why are you griping about Hillary talking about when it might happen, while giving Trump a pass when he is actually taking action - which - you know - is HOW YOU SET A PRECEDENT.  Is it because Trump is elevating Neo-Nazis to the cabinet, and enacting their policies wholesale?  

You-fucking-betcha

Basically, @The Killer Snark is upset because not enough liberals visibly got upset at something Clinton didn't say which would have set a precedent if she had said it, but didn't, and therefore thinks that liberals have no right to be upset about it now that it is something Trump DID ACTUALLY say because they didn't object to the fictional information provided earlier that they didn't see.

Got it?

13 minutes ago, Einheri said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't Trump just being Captain Obvious here?.

He's comparing the head of state who orders journalists and critics murdered to soldiers or civilian murders and then dismissing the former as not a big deal. This leads me to believe that he has no issues doing it himself if he feels he'll get an advantage out of it.

No, actually I admit that I nade a mistake. It was a while back I read the speech in question, and I was getting confused between a participant and what she replied to him. It seems for a while as if she concurs with his opinion, before she admits she's dubious about the process of putting through a law facilitating miltary control of crisis zones. I admit my error. I just found the speech.  PS - I am not a disinformation agent. I am neither Alex Jones or an employee of CNN.

an employee of CNN.

You mean that network, that just hired that idiot Stephen Moore as an analyst?

It would seem they had to really try on that one. It's like they said to themselves,"Let's go get the biggest conservative dumbass we can find."

9 minutes ago, Mexal said:

He's comparing the head of state who orders journalists and critics murdered to soldiers or civilian murders and then dismissing the former as not a big deal. This leads me to believe that he has no issues doing it himself if he feels he'll get an advantage out of it.

I dunno. I agree that Putin's Russia is worse than the US in many regards, but then again, it's also true that your country already cooperates with people who are worse than him, and you do it because it's in your interest (realpolitik).

4 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

You mean that network, that just hired that idiot Stephen Moore as an analyst?

It would seem they had to really try on that one. It's like they said to themselves,"Let's go get the biggest conservative dumbass we can find."

They probably did. Do you want Megyn Kelly on the channel while we're at it? At least she isn't Conservative.

Peter Beinart calls for solemn reflection over "How the f*ck does someone like J. Kushner spawn from our community?"

"Kushner’s failure is not his problem alone; it should chill every Modern Orthodox educator, rabbi and parent in the United States. How could the Modern Orthodox community, a community that prides itself on instilling in its children Jewish knowledge and ideals, have failed so profoundly?"

http://forward.com/opinion/361826/how-could-modern-orthodox-judaism-produce-jared-kushner/

They probably did. Do you want Megyn Kelly on the channel while we're at it? At least she isn't Conservative.

I don't really care where Ms. Kelly goes or where she doesn't.  Makes no difference to me.

I don't really ever bother to watch TV news to be honest. While, I certainly make no apologies for Faux News, generally I find watching TV news generally to be a waste of time.

One of the problems is that I have a hard time following things when they are presented orally. I have an easier time understanding what the nature of an argument or report is when it's in written format.

Also, in my opinion, its easier to get away with intellectual sloppiness when you are communicating orally as opposed to the written form.

Also, most TV news just doesn't get much in depth about issues.

And finally, when something is writing, I can save it and go back and read it latter.

Anyway, I was just pointing out that it's a bit difficult to call CNN the "Clinton News Network" or whatever conservatives are calling it these days with Moore being hired.

Archived