US Politics - Trump - Making America Grate!

zelticgar

58 minutes ago, Commodore said:

I know right? Just send your kid to an expensive private school! Problem solved! God forbid you should expect your tax dollars to go to an effective form of public education.

5 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Sean Spicer's press conference - Trump will end the opiate addiction crisis.

This I want to see.

Hum, I have the feeling Trump's solution might similar to that one.

Yes, I managed to sneak the failing "The Apprentice" host Schwarzenegger into this thrad.

4 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I know right? Just send your kid to an expensive private school! Problem solved! God forbid you should expect your tax dollars to go to an effective form of public education.

He'll fix it right up and then the dishonest media won't report it.  :rolleyes:   Srsly, the tweets write themselves. 

I think Sean Spicer is going to get strips ripped off of him from somebody. He just repeated that Trump is going to provide the American people with a health care plan that is lower cost and with more options. And Trump has already said he's going to negotiate lower costs.

I thought Trump already dismissed negotiating lower drug prices, did he not?

1 hour ago, Mexal said:

De-funding public schools and focusing entirely on charter/private schools with zero accountability is not the answer. Nor is trying to turn our school system into an advancement of "God's Kingdom". Do we have to fix our education system? Of course. But that isn't the way.

Not only is it not the answer, it's going to directly exacerbate the problem. I think most people would agree that our public education system needs some significant reforms in a number of areas, but what DeVos is proposing will only undermine it's very existence.

The Washington Post reports that Congress has the power to obtain and release Trump's tax return...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/congress-has-the-power-to-obtain-and-release-trumps-tax-returns/2017/02/07/aa53254c-ea63-11e6-80c2-30e57e57e05d_story.html?ICID=ref_fark&utm_content=link&utm_medium=website&utm_source=fark&utm_term=.fbd2583742e5

/Not sure that this would be a great idea (not that it's likely to occur in any case) but HOLY SHIT, how much fun would that be?

I predict that by the end of Trump's first term we will have single payer health care, voted in by the Republicans that will be "managed" by selected private insurance companies.  Medicare will be gone and will have been replaced by this system as well.  We will pay for it with tax cuts.

The more I read about Steve Bannon, the more convinced I become that Trump is just Bannon's puppet, an empty vessel into which Bannon can pour all his toxic, deluded ideologies.

The fact that someone this backwards-thinking (Bannon) could work his way up to such a position of power in a modern society is crazy. He basically wants to take America back to the 1950's, and somehow managed to convince himself that the world lost its way because of too much secularism and not enough Jesus. He's what you'd call a really smart but dumb person. 

I believe if Bannon was removed, then Trump would go back to being a rudderless vessel, drifting aimlessly until someone else comes along and tells him what to believe.

7 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

I predict that by the end of Trump's first term we will have single payer health care, voted in by the Republicans that will be "managed" by selected private insurance companies.  Medicare will be gone and will have been replaced by this system as well.  We will pay for it with tax cuts.

That's what I keep coming back to, over and over again. I can't see how Trump can lower costs and provide more options under the current system. It's the way the rest of the world does it, and the rest of the world is struggling with an aging population.

2 minutes ago, Darryk said:

The more I read about Steve Bannon, the more convinced I become that Trump is just Bannon's puppet, an empty vessel into which Bannon can pour all his toxic, deluded ideologies.

The fact that someone this backwards-thinking (Bannon) could work his way up to such a position of power in a modern society is crazy. He basically wants to take America back to the 1950's, and somehow managed to convince himself that the world lost its way because of too much secularism and not enough Jesus. He's what you'd call a really smart but dumb person. 

I believe if Bannon was removed, then Trump would go back to being a rudderless vessel, drifting aimlessly until someone else comes along and tells him what to believe.

While I think this has a lot of truth in it, it doesn't go far enough because I think he has plenty of hate for minorities, liberals and women which also add to his toxic mix.  At any rate, he supported Trump early on in his Briebreit.com world, and when they first met it must of been luv at first sight.  Trump fell for him because Bannon was smart enough to push all the buttons Trump needs pushed.  And Bannon fell in luv because he could see the empty needy shell, just waiting for a monster like him to come along and fill it up.  That's how I see it.

45 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Sean Spicer's press conference - Trump will end the opiate addiction crisis.

This I want to see.

The more I think about the more it looks like a 'law and order' move to put more minorities in jail and prison.  Bad f'in shit. 

9 minutes ago, Nasty LongRider said:

The more I think about the more it looks like a 'law and order' move to put more minorities in jail and prison.  Bad f'in shit. 

That's still better than the way I read it. I think Trump will take a page or five out of Duterte's playbook and give police the authority to just kill people for suspected drug related charges.

Pence, Bannon, Devos are all Dominionists. They want too push their Jeebus crap down everyones throat. We may as well have elected Michelle Bachman. Soon Bannon will be telling Trump to tell us "Gawd told me to bomb _____ ( insert whomever)". This will become another "Wag the Dog" admin. before his term is out, because they know they are diving in the polls (despite the "act" that they dont believe said polls).

The Orange Narcissist-in-Chief will not be able to resist a chance at playing with the war toys and Bannon will write the script on why they need to put the soldiers in harms way. It will undoubtedely be something themed along "Making Merica Great Again" and how we need to defeat these nonChristians in another Crusade.

7 minutes ago, theguyfromtheVale said:

That's still better than the way I read it. I think Trump will take a page or five out of Duterte's playbook and give police the authority to just kill people for suspected drug related charges.

Oh yeah, there could be this too.   :bang:

1 hour ago, Darryk said:

You mean somebody like his VP? Doesn't sound much better.

2 hours ago, theguyfromtheVale said:

Yeah, this is my fear and the way I read it.  Trump likes strong men and he thinks killing people makes for a strong man.  I bet this shit stain jizzes his pants at the thought of going on a murder spree.  

Archived