What Would Tywin Have Done With Arya?

Maxxine

When Arya first gets to Harrenhal she say wondered what would happen if she revealed herself with Tywin but she figures he would believe her anyway. I think he would've believed her or at least would've taken steps to confirm her story instead of just dismissing her outright. So what would he have done with her? Yeah he could give her to Roose like (f)Arya but I think real Arya could present some more creative options plus real Arya hasn't gotten her period which seems at least to be loose prerequisite to marriage so marrying her to Ramsay may not be an option. Here are some options I thought of.

1) Kill Arya & go with (f)Arya plan - I don't think (f)Arya was the plan from the beginning, just a result of never finding the real Arya & presuming her dead. But considering Arya's temperament I can see (f)Arya still being the better option from a Lannister pov.

2) Betrothe Arya to Willas - The Tyrells wanted Sansa but maybe they would take the next best option.

3) Betrothe Arya to Ramsay - I hate this option but it's obviously a candidate 

4) Trade Arya for Lannister cousins - I don't think Tywin would take anything less than Jaime, but it's possible that the two Lannister cousins Robb had could be traded for Arya. I think Robb if for no other reason than to somewhat placate Catelyn plus he would still have Jaime

Whag are some other thoughts

On 2/4/2017 at 6:40 PM, Maxxine said:

When Arya first gets to Harrenhal she say wondered what would happen if she revealed herself with Tywin but she figures he would believe her anyway. I think he would've believed her or at least would've taken steps to confirm her story instead of just dismissing her outright. So what would he have done with her? Yeah he could give her to Roose like (f)Arya but I think real Arya could present some more creative options plus real Arya hasn't gotten her period which seems at least to be loose prerequisite to marriage so marrying her to Ramsay may not be an option. Here are some options I thought of.

1) Kill Arya & go with (f)Arya plan - I don't think (f)Arya was the plan from the beginning, just a result of never finding the real Arya & presuming her dead. But considering Arya's temperament I can see (f)Arya still being the better option from a Lannister pov.

2) Betrothe Arya to Willas - The Tyrells wanted Sansa but maybe they would take the next best option.

3) Betrothe Arya to Ramsay - I hate this option but it's obviously a candidate 

4) Trade Arya for Lannister cousins - I don't think Tywin would take anything less than Jaime, but it's possible that the two Lannister cousins Robb had could be traded for Arya. I think Robb if for no other reason than to somewhat placate Catelyn plus he would still have Jaime

Whag are some other thoughts

Send her back to KL under heavy guard.  Tywin has a war to fight, and Harrenhal is a military garrison.  At that point he was still on good terms with Cersei and Tyrion, so let them handle it.  Remember, he has appointed Tyrion as his acting Hand, so Tyrion is the one in charge of non-military matters at this point.  Plus, there are people at KL who can positively identify her and having two Starks you can present to visitors is always better than one.  It also gives Tyrion an additional Stark to use as marriage bait.  

(F)Arya was a very late invention. At this point in the story, Roose Bolton is still securely in the Stark camp, so marrying her to a Bolton isn't really in the cards, although it could be later.  And sending the real thing, troublemaker or not, is always better than a fake.  

Tywin would have sent her back to Kings Landing to have her identity confirmed and to put her where the Lannisters have been saying she's been.  By this point people have been surmising that she is dead because no one has seen her, but with a confirmed sighting maybe it helps his chances of getting Jamie back

So maybe I should've said this in the OP but I thought it was implied. I know he would've kept her hostage. I'm more asking how he would've used her as a hostage. 

Im not convinced he convinced he would send her to KL. Obviously it's an option but I could see him wanting to keep let closer. Would he really want both girls in the same place considering the risk KL was in from Renly and/or Stannis. Also having her close could provide more immediate negotiation with Robb.

Possibilities! I like the idea he would of packed her off to Casterly Rock as a ward. Like Theon... Then when she came of age, he would of paired her with, oh I dunno..... somebody like Willem Lannister only not dead. I don't know the Lannister family too well. But there would of been a young noble for her. 

It would of been cool. We would have eyes in Casterly Rock and perhaps she'd be torn between her alliances just like Theon. 

15 minutes ago, Stormking902 said:

She would be traded for Jamie and even though its a stupid trade Robb would do it because he is family oriented, Robb could also ask for a few more hostages a few minor lords and such for jamie lannister Tywin wouldnt refuse. 

Robb wasn't willing to trade Jaime for both of his sisters when Catelyn suggested it.  No way would he take just one.  

2 hours ago, Maxxine said:

So maybe I should've said this in the OP but I thought it was implied. I know he would've kept her hostage. I'm more asking how he would've used her as a hostage. 

Im not convinced he convinced he would send her to KL. Obviously it's an option but I could see him wanting to keep let closer. Would he really want both girls in the same place considering the risk KL was in from Renly and/or Stannis. Also having her close could provide more immediate negotiation with Robb.

Casterly Rock would be an interesting choice if he wants to keep the sisters in separate locations.  KL has an advantage in that she could be positively ID'd there.  No way is he keeping her at Harrenhal, because he himself isn't staying there, and I can't imagine leaving her with Vargo Hoat.  Or taking her on campaign.

You know @Maxxine, Tywin knows Arya isn't who she claims to be and I found it very odd that he just let her be.  Did you think Tywin accepted her story?  

I agree with the general consensus that he would have taken her hostage and sent her somewhere, probably Casterly Rock or to someone he trusted.  I don't think he would have sent her back to KL because he didn't trust Cersei or Joffrey. A few more months out of sight wouldn't have hurt and Tywin could have used her as leverage over Cersei and Joffrey.  But splitting the girls up would have been the way to go to get Robb to get with the program.  He could send word to Robb about a hostage trade and threaten to slice her throat or hang her or any number of horrible things in front of Robb.   Tywin could have demanded to see Jamie at the trade off.  It's not like Robb could actually just kill Jamie right then and there--Sansa's still hostage.   He could claim he had Arya all along or that she was sent to the Westerlands immediately following Ned's execution.   There are many ways Tywin could have spun having possession of Arya Stark and emerge from all of it smelling like a rose. 

55 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

You know @Maxxine, Tywin knows Arya isn't who she claims to be and I found it very odd that he just let her be.  Did you think Tywin accepted her story?  

You're getting the show and books mixed up. In the books, she never even meets Tywin, much less serves him.  She is Roose Bolton's cup-bearer for a while, and I have seen speculation that he may have suspected who she really was.   But Tywin had no contact with her at all.

Pretty obvious here:  Hold her hostage until the war ends.  If the Starks are wiped out, arrange a useful marriage for her.  If a peace with Robb or a ruling Stark is reached, have her married to a mutual friend to help seal the deal.  As she is already betrothed to a Frey, if the Lannister/Frey alliance comes to fruition, let that marriage stand.  If the Freys and Starks don't fracture, have the Starks agree to marry her to a Lannister or one of their bannermen.

Take her with him to Fords and later to KL and likely wed her to Lancel. I do not think he would trade her for Jaime because time is problematic. He may offer it, but I do not think if Robb will agree for only Arya and Tywin would not risk giving him both girls and lose every bargain chip.

7 hours ago, Nevets said:

You're getting the show and books mixed up. In the books, she never even meets Tywin, much less serves him.  She is Roose Bolton's cup-bearer for a while, and I have seen speculation that he may have suspected who she really was.   But Tywin had no contact with her at all.

Oh how embarrassing--you're absolutely right.  

5 hours ago, Maxxine said:

Lol. Well if you're like me you liked Tywin-Arya more than Roose-Arya anyway. Every time I reread o secretly hope it happens that way

Gads, I could see Tywin talking to Arya in my mind.   I have got to learn that I never saw it and when the visuals come to quit typing immediately.   I'm so sorry to make such a dumb statement in your topic.  You are very gracious not to blast me, Lady.  

Archived