NFL Superbowl: Dont Waste My Overtime

Jace, Extat

1 hour ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

This does lessen any irrational Political annoyance:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/super-bowl-donald-trump-234673

I was on social media lockdown from the afternoon on so I didn't know what was going on in the world during the game. But that makes me happy -- scumbag frontrunner will do scumbag frontrunner things. It's funny, that's probably right around the time I turned to my wife and said, "Well, at least Trump is unhappy."

9 minutes ago, Howdyphillip said:

I would like to make it abundantly clear that the Pats did indeed cheat to win the game. On the Amendola two point conversion to tie the game, both Edleman and Hogan were blocking in the end zone before the pass was thrown.

With that said, they still deserved it. They may be cheating, cheaters who cheat, but they pulled off the miraculous last night.

Exactly, boarders- PLEASE do not ever change!  Let that bitterness flow through you.

At one point in the game the Falcons DBS were holding EVER PLAY!  They just knew the refs could not call them all so they kept doing it.  But no, please, tell me again about how the Pats cheated? 

You are special; this is special.  I mean, sure, you will write back "BUT I SAID THEY DESERVED IT!"  Even though you kept talking about cheating.  God, this is great.  I always forget how amazing this part is. Oh, and then there is that whole "The Overtime Rules SUCK! " Discussion I am pleased to have.  Let's do it!  

3 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I was on social media lockdown from the afternoon on so I didn't know what was going on in the world during the game. But that makes me happy -- scumbag frontrunner will do scumbag frontrunner things. It's funny, that's probably right around the time I turned to my wife and said, "Well, at least Trump is unhappy."

The one thing I said to my friends during the game was "Well, at least I won't have to put up with the "Pats visit the White House and Trump" stories that will pop up at the every end of the Summer."  

But I'll, somehow, preserve. 

9 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

Exactly, boarders- PLEASE do not ever change!  Let that bitterness flow through you.

At one point in the game the Falcons DBS were holding EVER PLAY!  They just knew the refs could not call them all so they kept doing it.  But no, please, tell me again about how the Pats cheated? 

You are special; this is special.  I mean, sure, you will write back "BUT I SAID THEY DESERVED IT!"  Even though you kept talking about cheating.  God, this is great.  I always forget how amazing this part is. Oh, and then there is that whole "The Overtime Rules SUCK! " Discussion I am pleased to have.  Let's do it!  

You do realize that I am saying this tongue in cheek don't you? You should know me by now. I supported Brady against Goodell even though I thought my burning passion of hate knew no bounds until he ran afoul of the hideousness that is the Goodell administration.

The facts are that Belicheck, Brady, and the Patriots are cheating cheaters who cheat, AND are the best of all time. Since the latter is such a bitter pill to swallow, collectively, we have to keep letting you know about the former. 

Edited to say that the overtime rules do suck, but have absolutely no merit in the discussion of whether or not the Pats should have won the game last night.

And it was insane at every level.  Think on this:

1. The Pats did NOT lead at all during the game; the only lead they has was on that last play.  

2. The Pats, somehow, still covered. 

3. This was the Pats largest margin of victory in a Superbowl- 6 points.  

11 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

Oh, and then there is that whole "The Overtime Rules SUCK! " Discussion I am pleased to have.  Let's do it!  

The overtime rules were so much better when you could kick a field goal to win after a very good return or completing 1-2 passes. That would have really been a sad, deflating ending - a limp field goal to win.

9 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

The one thing I said to my friends during the game was "Well, at least I won't have to put up with the "Pats visit the White House and Trump" stories that will pop up at the every end of the Summer."  

But I'll, somehow, preserve. 

Thank god for Martellus Bennett. I hope he convinces other players to join him in rejecting the visit.

10 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

The rest of the league is definitely catching up to the Patriots.  The Falcons managed to keep them from hacking their coaches headsets for three quarters.

Ha ha, no. That kind of thing can be traced. Belichick simply had that "reporter from San Francisco" remove the "low-risk running plays to burn clock before a clinching field goal" section from Shanahan's playbook. But your stale and bitter jokes are cute all the same.

1 minute ago, Week said:

Thank god for Martellus Bennett. I hope he convinces other players to join him in rejecting the visit.

Bennett is a great person.  However, he will unlikely have a lot of chances to convince.  Bennett was a one-year contract and will almost certainly be on another team come time to visit the White House.  

Bennett- literally - said in the NFL Network after the game that teams "overpay for Superbowl Winners" as his brother, Michael Bennett, made the "money" sign standing behind him.  So, I doubt he will be here.  Which sucks because I think he is a great guy and a great talent.  

1 hour ago, Jaime L said:

Dante, Rock, you're the most spoiled sports fans I know. But I can't help but be happy for you guys. You each bring an introspective side to your fandom that makes it hard to reflexively hate the Pats as God intended.

Have to second this. You guys make it harder to be an inveterate Pats hater. And you have to take your hats off to those guys. Incredible comeback.

29 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

Oh, and then there is that whole "The Overtime Rules SUCK! " Discussion I am pleased to have.  Let's do it!  

I agree that this can come off as a Sour Grapes sort of take, but how dramatic would it have been for the Falcons to have had a shot at tying it up? It would have made an incredible game even that much better. The OT rules suck. NCAA does this better.

10 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I agree that this can come off as a Sour Grapes sort of take, but how dramatic would it have been for the Falcons to have had a shot at tying it up? It would have made an incredible game even that much better. The OT rules suck. NCAA does this better.

I think they should change the OT rules so that both teams get the ball at least once.  

But that should be the rule AT LEAST in the playoffs.  Too much is at stake.  

With that said, the Falcons were not scoring.  

Jaime and Manhole, thanks for the kind words. And thank you to other boarders (Fiddler, trickster, Reny, drawkcabi) for the well-wishes. I love this thread and our little community. Even when I'm being a dick.

Did I already say this before? I promise I'm done whining about Ballghazi.

Hey, can we give the Patriots an annoying nickname so the rest of the NFL fans can hate them more? I mean if any team should be called America's team it's them, hell they literally are PATRIOTs!!!   Dallas hasn't been relevant since the 90's but hatred for them still burns strong. Hopefully you Patriot fans can revel in it like us Cowboy fans do!

There is nothing more insufferable than the fanbase of a team that has had an inordinate amount of success. It makes otherwise reasonable people just ooze smugness and condescension, along with a bizarre sense of entitlement.

7 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

I think they should change the OT rules so that both teams get the ball at least once.  

But that should be the rule AT LEAST in the playoffs.  Too much is at stake.  

With that said, the Falcons were not scoring.  

I'm sure there are Falcons fans clamoring for OT changes in droves today. But considering this is the only OT game out of 51 SB's, I hope it isn't propped up as the main reason to bring about a change to the rules. Do it for the right reasons, not because the Pats won within the current rules, which will likely be a rallying cry I'm sure.

Hope you and Dante are enjoying the day after.

7 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Hey, can we give the Patriots an annoying nickname so the rest of the NFL fans can hate them more? I mean if any team should be called America's team it's them, hell they literally are PATRIOTs!!!   Dallas hasn't been relevant since the 90's but hatred for them still burns strong. Hopefully you Patriot fans can revel in it like us Cowboy fans do!

But, I don't know that people hate the Pat's in the same manner as the Boys'. I think people, in general, have respect for what they do and how they do it.

It's like in Simmons (RockRoi?) last article he was asked something about trading Groningen. And, he responded by saying there is no way he would, but Belcher? If someone want to make a splash and get a guy like Groningen and are willing to over pay for him, Belcher will take that trade in a heartbeat, and I agree he will. He's a genius and the have the greatest QB of all-time. 

The Cowboys, they are and have always been easy to hate. Jerry Jones, Cocaine Wonderland of the 80's and 90's. They are just easy to hate.

2 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

I'm sure there are Falcons fans clamoring for OT changes in droves today. But considering this is the only OT game out of 51 SB's, I hope it isn't propped up as the main reason to bring about a change to the rules. Do it for the right reasons, not because the Pats won within the current rules, which will likely be a rallying cry I'm sure.

Hope you and Dante are enjoying the day after.

The college rules for overtime are so much better.  The NFL rules just suck.

Archived