NFL Superbowl: Dont Waste My Overtime

Jace, Extat

I know I'm beating a horse that's been blown up with a bazooka, but that inconsistency really bugs me, and I'm amazed more fans don't feel the same way about things like deflategate or kc tampering. Even if you think they broke the rules, are you fine with arbitrary enforcement, ranging from nothing to extremely draconian penalties for the same offense?

What happens if luck, or Rodgers, or cousins, or Wilson breaks a minor role with an explicit penalty of a few thousand and ends up suspended for a quarter of the season? What happens if your team is the random one slammed for tampering and not the 30 that got away with it (green bay doesn't play free agency)?

The thought of these happening to Dak, Zeke, or the cowboys in general terrifies me.

Imagine if the actual court system handed out penalties as inconsistent as this. Oh wait, they do...non whites are routinely given harsher sentences than similarly charged people who are white. Sad but entirely true.

14 hours ago, JonSnow4President said:

I know I'm beating a horse that's been blown up with a bazooka, but that inconsistency really bugs me, and I'm amazed more fans don't feel the same way about things like deflategate or kc tampering. Even if you think they broke the rules, are you fine with arbitrary enforcement, ranging from nothing to extremely draconian penalties for the same offense?

What happens if luck, or Rodgers, or cousins, or Wilson breaks a minor role with an explicit penalty of a few thousand and ends up suspended for a quarter of the season? What happens if your team is the random one slammed for tampering and not the 30 that got away with it (green bay doesn't play free agency)?

The thought of these happening to Dak, Zeke, or the cowboys in general terrifies me.

Something tells me the Cowboys will be okay. Any disagreements with the league over disciplinary matters can be handled with a quickie in Jerry's party bus.

59 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Something tells me the Cowboys will be okay. Any disagreements with the league over disciplinary matters can be handled with a quickie in Jerry's party bus.

The Cowboys did get that massive cap penalty for violating a gentleman's agreement during the 'uncapped' year.

1 hour ago, White Walker Texas Ranger said:

The Cowboys did get that massive cap penalty for violating a gentleman's agreement during the 'uncapped' year.

Exactly, it was uncapped and yet they still got penalized. Jerry has pissed off enough NFL office people to receive their wrath.

NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah "would not be shocked at all" if the Redskins and 49ers agree to a trade involving Kirk Cousins at the Combine.

Jeremiah isn't a typical Rotoworld source on the NFL side, but with draft season upon us, he definitely has an ear to the ground and talks with numerous personnel people. He believes there's a "better than 50 percent" chance Cousins isn't a 2017 Redskin, and a deal sending Cousins to San Francisco, possibly along with the Redskins' No. 17 overall pick, in exchange for the 49ers' No. 2 overall pick is in the cards. Further, Jeremiah reports the Redskins' front office still isn't sold on Cousins long-term. Washington seems intent on bungling an offense that had become one of the best in the league. Cousins would be a massive get for the rebuilding Niners.

-rw

This would also make Washington a potential landing place for Romo. Seems like a lot of moving parts to actually happen and really doesn't make sense. Then again, things like the NBA DeMarcus Cousins deal do happen.

and a deal sending Cousins to San Francisco, possibly along with the Redskins' No. 17 overall pick, in exchange for the 49ers' No. 2 overall pick is in the cards.

I would totally be on board with that.  I'm not okay with just straight giving up a draft pick to get him if they franchise him, but if a deal can be made where he is the difference in moving back to the middle of the first round?  I'd take it in a heartbeat.

1 minute ago, Rhom said:

I would totally be on board with that.  I'm not okay with just straight giving up a draft pick to get him if they franchise him, but if a deal can be made where he is the difference in moving back to the middle of the first round?  I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Seconded. That looks like a fantastic deal for the Niners on paper.

This is a legal question more than a football question, but I know there are several crim defense attorneys who post in this thread. Why the hell is Aaron Hernandez being tried for the double homicide in Boston? He's already been convicted of murder and is serving life in prison without the possibility of parole. Why are taxpayer resources being used to have another extremely expensive trial for a guy who is already serving the maximum possible punishment?

3 minutes ago, sperry said:

This is a legal question more than a football question, but I know there are several crim defense attorneys who post in this thread. Why the hell is Aaron Hernandez being tried for the double homicide in Boston? He's already been convicted of murder and is serving life in prison without the possibility of parole. Why are taxpayer resources being used to have another extremely expensive trial for a guy who is already serving the maximum possible punishment?

Pretty common happening methinks. The family wants justice, the DA in the secondary case wants the notoriety, it's probably an open and shut case, etc, etc.

51 minutes ago, sperry said:

The justice system is, at least theoretically, not about inflicting punishment. It is important to figure out who is responsible for a given crime even if they cannot be punished further so that, for example, the authorities do not waste their time going after an innocent person.

I have never heard of Daniel Jeremiah as an analyst, but how is moving up 15 spots in the draft worth a top 10 QB in the league right now? Even if the Skins got the 49ers #2 pick overall straight up, with this questionable QB class, what are the chances any QB they took there would ever become as good as Cousins is now? 

Skins can just franchise Cousins. Starting point to trade for him should be two 1sts. No-one meets it, pay the man his $23m, and get another season of strong QB play in a talent rich offense. Shouldn't be that complicated though with the idiotic rumors bubbling out of Redskin Park, they may find a way to make it so. 

45 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

I have never heard of Daniel Jeremiah as an analyst, but how is moving up 15 spots in the draft worth a top 10 QB in the league right now? Even if the Skins got the 49ers #2 pick overall straight up, with this questionable QB class, what are the chances any QB they took there would ever become as good as Cousins is now? 

Skins can just franchise Cousins. Starting point to trade for him should be two 1sts. No-one meets it, pay the man his $23m, and get another season of strong QB play in a talent rich offense. Shouldn't be that complicated though with the idiotic rumors bubbling out of Redskin Park, they may find a way to make it so. 

Dammit, you're probably right. This is probably too good to be true from a Niner's perspective.

2 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Dammit, you're probably right. This is probably too good to be true from a Niner's perspective.

See and if this were a more compelling QB draft or this was the #1 pick with Myles Garrett sitting there, maybe I'd be more compelled. 

19 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, it might be one of those rare "everbody wins" sort of trades, given the finances and whatnot.

/I LIKE THAT, I LIKE THAT!

depenis on who Washington would pick with the second pick. I would assume a QB, but none of the qbs in the draft are looked at as can't miss. Cousins has done enough in my opinion to be treated as a near top 10 qb. if I was the skins I'd keep him.

Archived