NFL Superbowl: Dont Waste My Overtime

Jace, Extat

31 minutes ago, Westerosi Coast Gangster said:

depenis on who Washington would pick with the second pick. I would assume a QB, but none of the qbs in the draft are looked at as can't miss. Cousins has done enough in my opinion to be treated as a near top 10 qb. if I was the skins I'd keep him.

I was reading an article today that essentially said that Snyder is as petty as we've always known him to be and he wants to cleanse everything that had to do with Shanahan's time in DC.  This would include getting rid of Cousins.  Since I read the article as a link through from a San Francisco fansite, there was also speculation that this could also mean that Snyder would trade Cousins to some other team just to spite Shanny the Younger.  :dunno: 

With most owners, I'd say that's patently absurd... but this is Dan Snyder.  He makes Jed York look almost competent.  (Almost...)

Jameis Winston = Idiot!:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18747257/jameis-winston-tampa-bay-buccaneers-says-made-poor-word-choice-telling-female-students-silent

"All my young boys, stand up. The ladies, sit down," Winston said, according to the Tampa Bay Times. "But all my boys, stand up. We strong, right? We strong! We strong, right? All my boys, tell me one time: I can do anything I put my mind to. Now, a lot of boys aren't supposed to be soft-spoken. You know what I'm saying? One day y'all are going to have a very deep voice like this [in deep voice]. One day, you'll have a very, very deep voice.

"But the ladies, they're supposed to be silent, polite, gentle. My men, my men [are] supposed to be strong. I want y'all to tell me what the third rule of life is: I can do anything I put my mind to."

13 hours ago, sperry said:

I like Johnathan Allen better than Garrett.  More positional value. But a hall of fame defensive lineman isn't worth even a decent starting QB.

Maybe I'm just biased because I'm an Aggie, but even basing it off only what's published by evaluators and not my own personal observations, that reminds me of the few people who wanted RG3 over Luck just to be contrarian. The only thing remotely concerning about Garrett is a couple injuries he's played through (still drawing double teams + chips while hobbled, even from the likes of Alabama linemen).  He's improved his technique every year, although like almost every top tier draft pick, hasn't mastered it because he's never had to in order to generate pressure. I'm also not sure how a 290 pound guy who can only really play end or 4-3 DT has more positional value than a 270 pound guy who could potentially play (blitzing) linebacker as well as end, and is big/strong enough to slide to 4-3 DT in pure pass rushing sets. 

30 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Unless that was taken out of an EXTREMELY specific context (that quite frankly I can't imagine being okay), what the flying f***? I mean, I'm a gun owning, truck driving, red-meat eating, deer hunting, republican Texan who believes in traditional family roles (although not for a specific gender. If my wife is capable of supporting the family to the point that I can stay home and raise kids, fine), and even I think that is ridiculously outdated.  Although I'm not sure why I expected better with the whole sexual assault scandal while he was in college. 

7 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Also, it may be way too soon but I'm calling my shot. 

Jay Cutler goes to Denver for either a 5th round pick or as a free agent at a comfortable 13 million dollar base salary with up to 6 in incentives. 

I'll bet you a Coke that @Manhole Eunuchsbane et al will be rooting for him next year.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'll bet you a Coke that @Manhole Eunuchsbane et al will be rooting for him next year.

Honestly, I'd prefer that to paying high for Cousins or Grapes. Anything that doesn't cost picks...we are in the absolutely wrong position to be spending picks on vets, especially ones who will come here behind our porous line waiting for UDFA receivers to break coverage.

5 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Honestly, I'd prefer that to paying high for Cousins or Grapes. Anything that doesn't cost picks...we are in the absolutely wrong position to be spending picks on vets, especially ones who will come here behind our porous line waiting for UDFA receivers to break coverage.

Agreed. I wouldn't trade more than a 3rd rounder for Handsome Jimmy and I wouldn't give the Skins a two dollar bill for Cousins, let alone the number two overall pick. 

7 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Holy crap. Not my money, so I don't really care. But, wow.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/103822-kyle-shanahan-offset-clause-his-49ers-contract/

I imagine he (Shanahan) must have pressed for that, and I can't blame him. Good for him. Smart move when dealing with a team that was likely running out of top tier options.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

I only drink coke with Jack, make it a title bet and I'm in. Though we'll need to iron out terms. Are you giving me the 49'ers vs the field or the 49'ers vs the Broncos with anyone else being a push? 

34 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Holy crap. Not my money, so I don't really care. But, wow.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/103822-kyle-shanahan-offset-clause-his-49ers-contract/

25 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I imagine he (Shanahan) must have pressed for that, and I can't blame him. Good for him. Smart move when dealing with a team that was likely running out of top tier options.

Good for him.

28 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I only drink coke with Jack, make it a title bet and I'm in. Though we'll need to iron out terms. Are you giving me the 49'ers vs the field or the 49'ers vs the Broncos with anyone else being a push? 

First, Jack is gross. Classy yourself up a bit. We can't have our Pony Queen drinking the equivalent of @Jaime L's booty sweat. Second, obviously the latter. And lastly, I'm not sure it would be all that fun, given that you'd have to pick something I could get past my work filter. But otherwise sure I'm down. 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

First, Jack is gross. Classy yourself up a bit. We can't have our Pony Queen drinking the equivalent of @Jaime L's booty sweat. Second, obviously the latter. And lastly, I'm not sure it would be all that fun, given that you'd have to pick something I could get past my work filter. But otherwise sure I'm down. 

Until Cutler makes his first start for his new team? 

Archived