NBA 2017: The Kings of Comedy

Jaime L

8 minutes ago, Relic said:

Again, Melo has said that there is no list, and that no one asked him to give them a list. So what you are hearing is purely conjecture.

Yeah, but this is Melo.  He sure as shit isn't going to okay a trade to Utah.

3 hours ago, Relic said:

Again, Melo has said that there is no list, and that no one asked him to give them a list. So what you are hearing is purely conjecture.

Fair enough, but a lot of insiders believe there are only a small handful of viable options. And from what I can tell, Boston is the only one that actually has the assets to trade for him without hurting their core and they've been ruled out as a potential destination. So I suspect he's not going anywhere.

3 hours ago, briantw said:

Yeah, but this is Melo.  He sure as shit isn't going to okay a trade to Utah.

More important, LaLa isn't going to Utah. 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

More important, LaLa isn't going to Utah. 

Damn right.  The only reason that I think Melo would even consider Cleveland is because it's basically a guaranteed trip to the Finals and because his best friend plays there.  They'd obviously have no shot otherwise. 

7 minutes ago, briantw said:

Damn right.  The only reason that I think Melo would even consider Cleveland is because it's basically a guaranteed trip to the Finals and because his best friend plays there.  They'd obviously have no shot otherwise. 

If he goes to Cleveland, chances are LaLa wouldn't be spotted court side until the finals.He can go work there but the family will still be residents of NYC. 

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

If he goes to Cleveland, chances are LaLa wouldn't be spotted court side until the finals.He can go work there but the family will still be residents of NYC. 

No doubt, but I'm sure that's true of plenty of WAGs in the NBA.

On 2/9/2017 at 10:00 AM, Relic said:

The Knicks have hit a new low. Garden legend Charles Oakley was arrested during the game last might for heckling team owner (and all around shitheel) James Dolan, and for then allegedly scuffling with security after Dolan had him removed. What a disgrace. 

What's the disgrace to anyone except to Oakley, who apparently behaved like a moron and was rightfully removed from the stadium?

He seems like a genuine idiot who just thought he could go to a Knicks game and just let loose. 

49 minutes ago, Calibandar said:

What's the disgrace to anyone except to Oakley, who apparently behaved like a moron and was rightfully removed from the stadium?

He seems like a genuine idiot who just thought he could go to a Knicks game and just let loose. 

OH,  shut the fuck up. Oakley didn't do anything until security put their hands on him. He heckled a bit,  but most knick fans hate Dolan and heckle him as well. 

Dolan decided he likes how his friend Donald trump handles things,  and had Oakley ejected from MSG for nothing. 

8 minutes ago, Relic said:

OH,  shut the fuck up. Oakley didn't do anything until security put their hands on him. He heckled a bit,  but most knick fans hate Dolan and heckle him as well. 

Dolan decided he likes how his friend Donald trump handles things,  and had Oakley ejected from MSG for nothing. 

The worst part is Dolan implying that Oakley has drinking and anger problems. 

It really is a terrible PR campaign. 

Just now, Tinker said:

The worst part is Dolan implying that Oakley has drinking and anger problems. 

It really is a terrible PR campaign. 

Yup, he totally went on the radio and slandered Oakley in a vile underhanded fashion. This isn't the first time Dolan has suggested someone that dislikes him has an drinking problem. 

http://deadspin.com/dolan-start-rooting-for-the-nets-because-the-knicks-d-1684489469

Mr Bierman

You are a sad person. Why would anybody write such a hateful letter. I am.just guessing but ill bet your life is a mess and you are a hateful mess. What have you done that anyone would consider positive or nice. I am betting nothing. In fact ill bet you are negative force in everyone who comes in contact with you. You most likely have made your family miserable. Alcoholic maybe. I just celebrated my 21 year anniversary of sobriety. You should try it. Maybe it will help you become a person that folks would like to have around. In the mean while start rooting.for the Nets because the Knicks dont want you.

Respectfully

James Dolan

38 minutes ago, Relic said:

Well, from the ESPN reporting that I heard and read, which is my exposure to this scandal, is that Oakley came in there and was foul-mouthing right from the start. He then continued to do so according to other people in his and Dolan's area, and then security was called in to remove this asshat from the stands.

I don't see how this is a disgrace to the Knicks. Are we now supposed to believe that poor Charles Oakley is innocent, that he was really removed without proper reason, and that he only started behaving like an outraged animal once security came? I don't believe a word of that. It's misbehavior, and then crying because you were punished for it. 

The fact that more Knicks fans hate Dolan has nothing to do with it either. Imagine you're James Dolan, you own this club and you sit there and this guy keeps insulting you from a couple of rows back. I would certainly have him removed myself.

Just now, Calibandar said:

Well, from the ESPN reporting that I heard and read, which is my exposure to this scandal, is that Oakley came in there and was foul-mouthing right from the start. He then continued to do so according to other people in his and Dolan's area, and then security was called in to remove this asshat from the stands.

I don't see how this is a disgrace to the Knicks. Are we now supposed to believe that poor Charles Oakley is innocent, that he was really removed without proper reason, and that he only started behaving like an outraged animal once security came? I don't believe a word of that. It's misbehavior, and then crying because you were punished for it. 

The fact that more Knicks fans hate Dolan has nothing to do with it either. Imagine you're James Dolan, you own this club and you sit there and this guy keeps insulting you from a couple of rows back. I would certainly have him removed myself.

Why do you keep having opinions about shit you know nothing about?

Lol, whatever. Not wasting my time on you. 

http://www.tmz.com/2017/02/10/charles-oakley-trashed-white-people-and-police-witnesses-say/

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/Charles-Oakley-Witnesses-03.pdf

Yeah Relic. Poor racist Charles Oakley, it's all none of his fault, it's all the fault of the organization who had to send in security to remove an insulting asshat. Your point of view on this is ridiculous and I'm glad you've decided to say no more on the matter.

Nuggets tie the NBA record for 3 pointers in a game in a route of Golden State.  The Dubs could not hit a three all night, even when open.  Nuggets are starting to be worth watching; Jokic is absolutely legit.  He has four or five highlight passes every night while quietly scoring 10-20 points. 

They will get first round swept if they hold onto the playoff spot, don't get me wrong.  But it is exciting to see a superstar in the making every night.

Dolans another one of these pos owners thats perfectly happy to preside over marginal teams as long as they can keep collecting the fat TV contract money. 

Zero evidence the guy gives 2 shits about winning basketball games. http://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nba/knicks/2017/02/09/chaos-and-losing-knicks-under-james-dolan/97705138/

Losing owners deserve boos!!

Archived