NBA 2017: The Kings of Comedy

Jaime L

This hasn't been up to usual defensive standards I expect from my All-Star games.

But the KD to Westbrook alleyoop was almost as sweet as the rest of the West's allstars' reaction to it. 

Wow. That is massive news. Cousins to the Pelicans for a bag of chips ( Buddie Hield, Galloway, Tyreke Evans who never ever plays and two picks).

I was just reading an interview with Cousins two days ago which is now really hilarious.

He's talking about how happy he is with the Kings this year and how problems have been sorted, and how he even intends to finish his career in Sacramento.

And now, he's gone. Poof!

8 hours ago, Jaime L said:

But the KD to Westbrook alleyoop was almost as sweet as the rest of the West's allstars' reaction to it. 

Will see the full game when I get back from work, but just googled this and it's quite touching.

Good move for the Kings. Boogie wasn't going to fetch much more,  and if the Pels implode Sac ends up with teo lottery picks in a stack draft. Best of all the tumor that is Cousins is now someone else's problem. 

Curious move for the Pels,  a roll of the dice that could bring immense fortune or utter downfall. Should be interesting to see of Boogie can play on a team where he's not the best guy. 

7 hours ago, briantw said:

So DeMarcus Cousins was traded for a pack of peanuts.  Thoughts?

How did the Celtics not get in on that?  They could have undeniably made a better offer.

There were several teams that could have made better offers. The Kings didn't get ripped off, but they sure didn't get anything close to matching value. 

12 hours ago, Jaime L said:

This hasn't been up to usual defensive standards I expect from my All-Star games.

The total lack of defense made the game dreadful. It was a terrible end to a terrible All-Star weekend.

18 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The total lack of defense made the game dreadful. It was a terrible end to a terrible All-Star weekend.

Rising Stars and the 3 point contest day 2 stuff were crap, I agree.

I can't wait to see how NO plays.  They have a legit claim to saying they have the best C and best PF in the league now.  If they can get halfway competent guard play, it could get very interesting.

Its a bit of a gamble hoping they can get DMC to sign an extension, but if they can lock him down it could potentially be a blockbuster move for them.

32 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I can't wait to see how NO plays.  They have a legit claim to saying they have the best C and best PF in the league now.  If they can get halfway competent guard play, it could get very interesting.

Its a bit of a gamble hoping they can get DMC to sign an extension, but if they can lock him down it could potentially be a blockbuster move for them.

I already knew you had posted in this thread before I even clicked on Westeros this morning. :rofl: 

As you say, they seriously need decent guard play in order to make this work. But it's a very interesting move regardless.

Just now, Ferrum Aeternum said:

I already knew you had posted in this thread before I even clicked on Westeros this morning. :rofl: 

As you say, they seriously need decent guard play in order to make this work. But it's a very interesting move regardless.

Gee... how did you know?  :lol: 

Cousins' value would've slowly eroded the longer he stayed in Sacramento, plus he was a constant headache for the Kings, with his collection of technical fouls, game suspensions, going through six head coaches in seven seasons, and not to mention his attitude. The Kings will be better off without him in the long term.

It'll be interesting to see if Cousins and Davis are able to click since both are players in need of the ball.

10 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

The Celts have good team chemistry. Cousins is a huge headache who would likely rock the boat. 

The Celtics need stars more than anything, as that's what it takes to win in the playoffs.  Boogie is the type of guy you take a chance on and hope that finally being away from the Kings' absolutely toxic atmosphere (I think they are the worst-managed team in professional sports) changes his attitude.  

Everyone talks about Cousins and his technical fouls, but if he were on a winning team and getting T'd up, the talking heads would be saying "Oh I love his grittiness!  He's tough!  That's what this team needs!"  You know who has the second most technical fouls in the league since DMC has been in?  Russell Westbrook.

Cousins didn't go through six coaches in seven years.  The Kings did.  By hiring guys that were proven to either be career failures, or past their heyday.  You want to throw Tyrone Corbin and his less than 30 games out there as a point against Cousins somehow?!!?  Look at Mike Malone; general consensus is that DMC liked him and he's doing fine in Denver. 

Obviously, I'm a Cousins fan.  The year that he played with John Wall at Kentucky was one of the most fun seasons I can remember.  (There's even a book about it!  One and Fun)  That being said, I recognize that he's a head case.  But I also don't think you can pin the Kings' problems remotely on him.  This is the same organization where the owner was openly advocating playing 4 on 5 defense and cherry picking on the offensive end.  I think if you put him in a situation where the team has solid organizational structure, he will be much better off.

Simmons went through every team on the Ringer NBA podcast today and couldn't find a better trade. It obviously wasn't going to ever work in Sac. So not a totally terrible trade,  from their perspective. 

10 minutes ago, Relic said:

Simmons went through every team on the Ringer NBA podcast today and couldn't find a better trade. It obviously wasn't going to ever work in Sac. So not a totally terrible trade,  from their perspective. 

There are rumors that the Pistons offered Drummond.  Drummond alone would have made for a better trade than what Sacramento ended up getting.  Not sure if it's true, obviously, but it's hard to believe that not a single NBA team made a better offer for a guy like Cousins.  If he were expiring under the old CBA, it'd be one thing.  But under the new CBA and with a few years left on the deal?  It was just madness to part with him for such a shit offer.

Seriously...Boston couldn't have offered a better deal?  A single one of their Nets picks is a better deal than what the Kings got.  

Archived