NBA 2017: The Kings of Comedy

Jaime L

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Be gone with you, anti-trilogy heathen! 

The Godfather, Omen, Excorcist and the Girl w/ the Dragon tat were fun triologies, LeLeLebron vs/vs/vs SteSteSteph has already played, we dont need no repeatsrepeatsrepeats....

1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

The Godfather, Omen, Excorcist and the Girl w/ the Dragon tat were fun triologies, LeLeLebron vs/vs/vs SteSteSteph has already played, we dont need no repeatsrepeatsrepeats....

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????? WE NEED TO KNOW WHO'S BEST? HAVING THEM TIED AT 1-1 IS EMPTY. WE NEED TO KNOW IF THE WARRIORS JUST GOT LUCKY AND CAUGHT AN INJURED CAVS TEAM. WE NEED TO KNOW IF THE WARRIORS GOT ROBBED BY THE REFS IN THE FINAL THREE GAMES. WE NEED TO KNOW WHO IS THE BEST!!! WE NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????? WE NEED TO KNOW WHO'S BEST? HAVING THEM TIED AT 1-1 IS EMPTY. WE NEED TO KNOW IF THE WARRIORS JUST GOT LUCKY AND CAUGHT AN INJURED CAVS TEAM. WE NEED TO KNOW IF THE WARRIORS GOT ROBBED BY THE REFS IN THE FINAL THREE GAMES. WE NEED TO KNOW WHO IS THE BEST!!! WE NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!

I agree. In the unlikely event the Wizards somehow don't make the Finals I want the Trilogy.

I think if you were betting, you should get equal odds whether you bet Cavs/Warriors or you bet the field of all other possible finals matchups. Both teams have shown moments of vulnerability but still A ) Playoff Lebron and B ) The Warriors recently fell behind 23-3 in San Antonio in a game they ultimately won by 12. Beating either of these fuckers 4 times will be a Herculean task. 

4 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

I agree. In the unlikely event the Wizards somehow don't make the Finals I want the Trilogy.

I think if you were betting, you should get equal odds whether you bet Cavs/Warriors or you bet the field of all other possible finals matchups. Both teams have shown moments of vulnerability but still A ) Playoff Lebron and B ) The Warriors recently fell behind 23-3 in San Antonio in a game they ultimately won by 12. Beating either of these fuckers 4 times will be a Herculean task. 

Agreed. It's not nearly as likely as it was the last two seasons. I could easily see the Celts or the Wiz come out of the East and either the Spurs or Rockets to take the West.

26 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Agreed. It's not nearly as likely as it was the last two seasons. I could easily see the Celts or the Wiz come out of the East and either the Spurs or Rockets to take the West.

Can't describe how excited I am for Spurs-Rockets in round 2. 

ETA: Hell, Rockets-Thunder in round 1 could be bananas. 

Maybe I'm crazy but I think wiz or celts have a better chance at beating the warriors in a possible finals matchup. 

I can't see any possibility of the aging lebron dealing with Curry and Durant. 

Celts and Wiz have more spread out talent rather than all their eggs in one lebron basket.

Although Lebron has always done his best work when he's hated and counted out the most. In wrestling he'd better a better heel than a babyface

5 hours ago, DunderMifflin said:

Maybe I'm crazy but I think wiz or celts have a better chance at beating the warriors in a possible finals matchup. 

Celts and Wiz have more spread out talent rather than all their eggs in one lebron basket.

Although Lebron has always done his best work when he's hated and counted out the most. In wrestling he'd better a better heel than a babyface

I am tweeting this post to Lebron's Twitter account. Then you'll be responsible for LeBron going bananas and Kyrie and Love starting to play playoff ball...... lol.

I think the Cavs are just fine and LeBron is far from old or a one-man team. LeBron might be the best at getting the best out of those around him when it matters. And, if not, he'll just go ahead and do it on his own. I see no scenario where the Cavs don't get out of the East. I also expect their defense to be a far cry from their regular season defensive stats. I think more than anyone, LeBron knows what matters. And, that's the playoffs and ultimately the Finals. Don't count out LeBron, never.

If he isnt aging he sure does look it.
Particularly on defense where he's less than a shell of what he once was. Prime Lebron was the greatest on ball defender of all time and 2nd place isn't even close.
14 seasons with deep playoff runs which probably translates to 20+ seasons doesn't make a spring chicken.

19 minutes ago, DunderMifflin said:

If he isnt aging he sure does look it.
Particularly on defense where he's less than a shell of what he once was. Prime Lebron was the greatest on ball defender of all time and 2nd place isn't even close.
14 seasons with deep playoff runs which probably translates to 20+ seasons doesn't make a spring chicken.

I was just teasing. You're right though, the man has a lot of mile on him.

7 hours ago, DunderMifflin said:

You are crazy.  LeBron has dominated Durant for basically the entire time they've been in the league together, and Irving has outplayed Steph pretty consistently in one-on-one match-ups.  He flat out embarrassed Steph in the Finals last year.

The main question is whether or not the Cavs as a team can actually defend anyone.  They've been ungodly bad on that end the past month or two.

50 minutes ago, briantw said:

You are crazy.  LeBron has dominated Durant for basically the entire time they've been in the league together, and Irving has outplayed Steph pretty consistently in one-on-one match-ups.  He flat out embarrassed Steph in the Finals last year.

The main question is whether or not the Cavs as a team can actually defend anyone.  They've been ungodly bad on that end the past month or two.

Don't worry about it. Lue says they can show their hand on D until the playoffs. Which, in buying. I feel the playoffs is a totally different game than the regular season.

11 hours ago, DunderMifflin said:

The best chance of beating the Cavs is Toronto but hey keep plugging Espn.  They avoid the Raps like a plague.  If the Celtics go against the Raps in round two they are out in 4 or 5 games.  They legitimately have no shot vs Toronto.  Toronto has no shot really against the Wiz oddly.  I think It will be the Wiz or the Raps that gets swept by Golden State.

8 hours ago, briantw said:

He rarely guarded Steph number one. Number 2, Steph was probably at 80-85% at best throughout that entire series. Number 3, Steph is like what, 6'3 tops? And that's media guide height. LeBron should embarrass Curry inside like 95% of the time. The only thing Steph has to be embarrassed about is how he reacted to that situation. He should've been dishing off any time that matchup occurred inside. 

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

He rarely guarded Steph number one. Number 2, Steph was probably at 80-85% at best throughout that entire series. Number 3, Steph is like what, 6'3 tops? And that's media guide height. LeBron should embarrass Curry inside like 95% of the time. The only thing Steph has to be embarrassed about is how he reacted to that situation. He should've been dishing off any time that matchup occurred inside. 

I said Kyrie embarrassed Steph, not LeBron.  Although LeBron obviously outplayed him too since he was the best player in the series.

I also hate the excuses about Steph's health.  Everyone acted like he was back when he erupted in that overtime game the previous series, but as soon as he played poorly against the Cavs he was nowhere near 100%.  LOL.  And aside from that, everyone is banged up by the time the Finals roll around. 

19 minutes ago, briantw said:

I said Kyrie embarrassed Steph, not LeBron.  Although LeBron obviously outplayed him too since he was the best player in the series.

I also hate the excuses about Steph's health.  Everyone acted like he was back when he erupted in that overtime game the previous series, but as soon as he played poorly against the Cavs he was nowhere near 100%.  LOL.  And aside from that, everyone is banged up by the time the Finals roll around. 

If you've watched more than a handful of games with a healthy Steph, you'd know he was nowhere near 100%. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Cavs here. That was a great Finals win. That said, Steph had no explosiveness to hole throughout that entire series. That is a big part of his game under normal circumstances. His scoring numbers inside were considerable lower than at any point of the season. Some of that you have to credit Lebron's presence for sure, but you want to give credit to the defensive wizardry of Kyrie Irving? Not buying it. Irving is a mediocre defender. He outplayed Steph offensively, I'll give you that. 

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

If you've watched more than a handful of games with a healthy Steph, you'd know he was nowhere near 100%. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Cavs here. That was a great Finals win. That said, Steph had no explosiveness to hole throughout that entire series. That is a big part of his game under normal circumstances. His scoring numbers inside were considerable lower than at any point of the season. Some of that you have to credit Lebron's presence for sure, but you want to give credit to the defensive wizardry of Kyrie Irving? Not buying it. Irving is a mediocre defender. He outplayed Steph offensively, I'll give you that. 

I'm not saying that Irving is an elite defender or anything, as he's average most of the time.  However, he played pretty solid defense in the Finals when it mattered.  When I said he embarrassed Steph, I meant offensively (which is still saying something given that Curry had one of the best regular seasons of all-time offensively).  Although he actually played decent defense on Curry as well.  And he actually defended Curry, whereas it was usually Thompson on Irving until the Cavs forced Golden State to switch.  

That was the main tactic that won them the Finals.  Curry couldn't defend anyone and was always defending the worst perimeter player, and so the Cavs constantly forced him to switch onto better players that he didn't have a prayer of defending.

1 minute ago, briantw said:

I'm not saying that Irving is an elite defender or anything, as he's average most of the time.  However, he played pretty solid defense in the Finals when it mattered.  When I said he embarrassed Steph, I meant offensively (which is still saying something given that Curry had one of the best regular seasons of all-time offensively).  Although he actually played decent defense on Curry as well.  And he actually defended Curry, whereas it was usually Thompson on Irving until the Cavs forced Golden State to switch.  

That was the main tactic that won them the Finals.  Curry couldn't defend anyone and was always defending the worst perimeter player, and so the Cavs constantly forced him to switch onto better players that he didn't have a prayer of defending.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with that. Irving undoubtably outplayed Curry in the Finals. No doubt about it.

9 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

So, Green admitted to intentionally punching Harden's injured wrist, saying he felt Harden had 'pinched' him first.

I...

Shocking that an obviously dirty player turned out to be a dirty player.

Just now, briantw said:

Shocking that an obviously dirty player turned out to be a dirty player.

It's just bizarre on so many levels. First, if Harden is pinching people, that's weird. Second, thinking that keying onto/trying to reaggrivate an injury is the right response is...that's 80's sports movie villain behaviour right there. And then to openly talk about doing it...really, he's marching to his own drummer.

Archived