Santa Clarita Diet NETFLIX

kissdbyfire

Anyone watching/watched it?

I hadn't checked Netflix in ages, and what a delightful surprise I had today when I found this! I love Barrymore and Oyphant. Also, there's a bunch of great guests/supporting actors, like Laura Palmer's mum Grace Zabriskie, Nathan Fillion and others. Planning on binging but am afraid to start tonight b/c I'll never get up for work tomorrow. 

oops: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5580540/?ref_=nm_flmg_prd_3

4 minutes ago, Mikael said:

It just seems terrible to me, but I guess I'll check in here and see if people like it and if they do, I might watch it.

:lol:

I'm afraid to watch it and hate it b/c I'm already on high expectation mode - especially after reading it's particularly gory, yum! :P

1 hour ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I've watched 4.5 episodes.  It's not very good, but I'll probably finish it.  I do like some of the things they're doing, but the acting, surprisingly, it what I think is the worst thing about it.

34 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Its in the so bad its good category for me now. And yes the acti g is terrible

What the hell went wrong? I'll watch a few eps, I'm so intrigued now! :wideeyed:

11 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

What the hell went wrong? I'll watch a few eps, I'm so intrigued now! :wideeyed:

It's good enough for silly, mindless entertainment, and I have laughed a few times (mostly at the overblown suburbia stereotypes). But it's not especially good.

Also, I can't help but compare it to iZombie, and it just falls so flat in comparison

19 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

It's good enough for silly, mindless entertainment, and I have laughed a few times (mostly at the overblown suburbia stereotypes). But it's not especially good.

Also, I can't help but compare it to iZombie, and it just falls so flat in comparison

I'm especially curious to see the acting now, b/c it seems it's really bad and I didn't expect that at all.

And tks for reminding me of iZombie. I binge watched s01 and I loved it! And I have all of s02 to watch before 3 starts in April, yay! 

It's alright. Kind of reminds me of Weeds, just with a zombie instead of a pot dealer. 

We binged the whole season in one night, which is easy enough to do since the episodes are so short. I'm a huge Timothy Olyphant fan, so it's weird seeing him in something like this after Deadwood and Justified. 

The funniest part of the show for me was

when they're trying to kill the big black dude and he's throwing Drew Barrymore around and Olyphant is just standing there like a pussy.

1 minute ago, Nictarion said:

It's alright. Kind of reminds me of Weeds, just with a zombie instead of a pot dealer. 

We binged the whole season in one night, which is easy enough to do since the episodes are so short. I'm a huge Timothy Olyphant fan, so it's weird seeing him in something like this after Deadwood and Justified. 

The funniest part of the show for me was

Hide contents

when they're trying to kill the big black dude and he's throwing Drew Barrymore around and Olyphant is just standing there like a pussy.

Ha, yeah I found that bit really funny. There have been a good few times I've laughed a

through the series. It just feels really hollow and lacking in...something.

I finished it today, and once I embraced the terribleness I really started enjoying it.  I still can't get over how bad the acting was though.  How the fuck did the guy playing Loki get that job?  Because he was big and black, and therefore scary?  Worst performance I've seen in a long time.  Olyphant's grief face in episode 1 was so fucking funny.

8 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

"You don't let me see the Godfather until I'm fifteen.... and you just killed Dan"???

It did have some good lines.  "That would be the third worse thing I'd seen in that bathtub." 

Ending:

What ending?

:angry:

On 2/9/2017 at 0:38 AM, RedEyedGhost said:

once I embraced the terribleness I really started enjoying it

Pretty much this.  Lots of genuine lolz, giggly absurdities, and "omg, I can't believe they went theres".  

But, ya, the acting was wooden and inconsistent at times.  Over all, though, decent performances from the main cast.  Would recommend.

Also, did everyone catch Eric's little robot's name?

Sir Robot Baretheon

• 1 year later...

So, just finished season 2.  Definitely worth watching if you liked S1 at all.  S2 is all around better at everything than the first season.  Story, pacing, character dev/relations, acting, humor, ect, is all a lot stronger.  

Also, Gerald McRaney (Hearst, from Deadwood) shows up mid-season, which was awesome.  Of course I recognized him from Deadwood, but, because Olyphant’s Joel Hammond so totally not Seth Bullock, I didn’t even snap to the fact that I was watching two Deadwood alumni square off again until much later.  Anyway, worth the price of admission just to see those two nose to nose again.

1 minute ago, The Mance said:

So, just finished season 2.  Definitely worth watching if you liked S1 at all.  S2 is all around better at everything than the first season.  Story, pacing, character dev/relations, acting, humor, ect, is all a lot stronger.  

Also, Gerald McRaney (Hearst, from Deadwood) shows up mid-season, which was awesome.  Of course I recognized him from Deadwood, but, because Olyphant’s Joel Hammond so totally not Seth Bullock, I didn’t even snap to the fact that I was watching to Deadwood alum square off again until much later.  Anyway, worth the price of admission just to see those two nose to nose again.

Good to hear, I'm going to be watching it the within the next few days. I meant to come back here after watching s 1 but I think I forgot...

I actually really liked s1. 

I remember @HelenaExMachina and a few others didn't like it much... I also remember one of the main complaints was the acting, and I have to say, I had no problems w/ it. On the contrary, I thought it was pretty good overall, especially Barrymore and Olyphant. A bit over the top but deliberately so imo, and it's one of those films/shows I get the feeling they had a blast filming it. Some seriously disgusting (and over the top) scenes, but I kinda found them hilarious. :dunno:

On 14/02/2017 at 8:45 PM, The Mance said:

Also, did everyone catch Eric's little robot's name?

Hide contents

Sir Robot Baretheon

Hahaha I did. I would have loved that back in 2011, now it just made me wince. :lol:

Archived