RIP Richard Hatch - Galactica

Bronn Stone

Goddamn it. A shame, as he was actually a pretty good actor. Something a few of the memorials are pointing out is that he was a real revelation as Tom Zarek, showing a range and intensity that was not as much in evidence as Apollo v.1. It's a shame he didn't get more roles off the back of that.

Interesting fact: he appeared as Zarek in 22 episodes of Newer BSG, compared to playing Apollo in 21 episodes of Old BSG, so technically he clocked up more appearances as Zarek (although they cheat a little on that, counting the BSG pilot movie as one episode rather than three as they should have done).

4 minutes ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

Bummed to hear about this. BSG 1.0 was the first TV series I ever truly loved (I was...4? when it premiered) and Tom Zarek was a fantastic character in 2.0. I had no idea he was even sick. 

RIP  :(

Me too. Although I just checked its air date and I was only 2 or 3 at the time, so I must remember it from reruns? My earliest memories of watching television are of BSG, Buck Rogers and the Incredible Hulk.

RIP Richard Hatch. I watched BSG 1.0 as a kid (re-runs) and I enjoyed his role as Tom Zarek in 2.0 A very good antagonist.

I remember that most of my spaceship drawings I did as a kid where mainly inspired by Galactica rather than Star Trek or even Star Wars.

Archived