Typo in A Dance with Dragons?

shortguy457

In Tyrion's fifth chapter where they're trapped in the fog, there's a sentence:

"A turtle," the prince announced cheerfully. "A big 'snapper, that's all it was."

Now I know the prince has to be young griff and I know that maybe Tyrion knows this because maybe Haldon told him after their cyvasse game of secrets, but in this point in the story it hasnt been revealed that young griff is the prince yet. Could this be a typo or george just hinting that Tyrion already knows about him?

49 minutes ago, shortguy457 said:

"A turtle," the prince announced cheerfully. "A big 'snapper, that's all it was."

Now I know the prince has to be young griff and I know that maybe Tyrion knows this because maybe Haldon told him after their cyvasse game of secrets, but in this point in the story it hasnt been revealed that young griff is the prince yet. Could this be a typo or george just hinting that Tyrion already knows about him?

Tyrion is astoundingly astute, really.   I think he was on to the fraud the minute he met Griff.  It's not a typo, it's Tyrion being that good.  

On 2/7/2017 at 6:48 PM, shortguy457 said:

I've reread that chapter so many times and never noticed that.  You've only just read ADwD, no?  Bravo on catching that the first time around!

45 minutes ago, Isobel Harper said:

I've reread that chapter so many times and never noticed that.  You've only just read ADwD, no?  Bravo on catching that the first time around!

This is my second time reading it. The first time i completely skimmed through it, practically missing everything and getting everything else from wikipedia. I know, i'm a terrible person!

Archived