Legion (FX's Marvel tv series) [SPOILERS]

AncalagonTheBlack

While they haven’t come out and said it quite yet, “Chapter 7” essentially confirmed what comic book fans already knew – David’s mysterious father is actually Professor Charles Xavier, the power psychic and leader of the X-Men. With the show’s villains seemingly off to hunt him down, will Professor X put in an appearance next season? That’s a tricky question for Hawley to answer, noting that it will involve a “corporate conversation”:

Any person who learns that they were adopted is going to have those questions and want to seek out those birth parents. I think that’s a very natural story. Certainly where we left David at the end of the first year, that can’t be his first priority, but in terms of coming to understand who he is and what his purpose is on this world? I think that that’s definitely something we’re going to approach. And then it’s a creative conversation, but also a sort of corporate conversation on some level, in terms of the movie studio and their relationship to the X-Men and the characters they want in the movies and want to protect potentially. Were we to want to have Professor X on the show, or even Patrick Stewart on the show, or even James McAvoy, or one of the actors — it’s a conversation both with the actor and with the studio. I don’t know. I haven’t really dived into that quandary yet. But I certainly need to start thinking about it.

Here's what Hawley said on David's father: http://www.slashfilm.com/legion-season-finale-questions/

14 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Patrick Stewart has already said he'd "100%" be willing to portray Prof. X on Legion. Whether that actually happens or not remains to be seen.

Huh, that was a really short retirement from the role! But I'm glad.

On 4/1/2017 at 9:05 PM, red snow said:

What was Oliver's power? I thought he was psychic as well or was he just able to do psychic Jazz magic. Sometimes it's hard to tell if the show's being deliverately vague or accidentally vague. I still don't know Oliver or Melanie's powers.

Oliver is a psychic, I'm pretty sure Melanie and Cary (or David) had a conversation about that in an earlier episode. My impression of Oliver's powers were that they were language based. All his beat poetry seemed weird, but of a piece with his wardrobe and wackiness.. Then he started making a shield out of the word "shield" during the Bolero scene.

I was under the impression that someone on the writing staff for this show was playing with different aspects of the mind. Walter (the Eye) was all about visual perception. Ptonomy was all about memory. Cary and Kerry seemed to be ego and id. Syd was an amped up empathy. So Oliver's "effect" coming out of the language center of the brain seemed to fit for me.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/3/2017 at 3:39 PM, SerPaladin said:

I was under the impression that someone on the writing staff for this show was playing with different aspects of the mind. Walter (the Eye) was all about visual perception. Ptonomy was all about memory. Cary and Kerry seemed to be ego and id. Syd was an amped up empathy. So Oliver's "effect" coming out of the language center of the brain seemed to fit for me.

Great insight.  I missed this post originally. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Astromech said:

the dance routine with Jemaine Clement :)

:lol: 

Looks like the show is carrying on the vibe quite well.  Maybe not quite as much overt horror, but still trippy AF

• 4 weeks later...

So no one else has watched the season premiere last night?

I liked it, but just as with season 1, I'll reserve most judgement until the season gets going. It is once again, all weird but intriguing. I particularly liked the dance off scene, which I'm going to predict was an actual mind battle between David and the SK, but once again David's memories are skewed.

7 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I'm going to predict was an actual mind battle between David and the SK, but once again David's memories are skewed.

Yes, that was my immediate thought.  Though I don't think of it so much as skewed memory, more as the associative-metaphorical way the brain can work.

This series is so fantastically out there, a visual trip. :) I enjoyed the premiere. I appreciate that we have a more straightforward plot to this season, at least for now, with preventing the Shadow King from finding his body (or future Syd wanting them to let the SK find it?) It remains to be seen what is happening the various timelines. Oliver and the SK being together this season should be a lot of fun.

On 2/6/2018 at 4:57 PM, The BlackBear said:

I loved the first series and really hope they live up to the high expectations they've created.

Tale of two viewers.  I was worn out by the first series and lowered my expectations to expect more stylistic time- wasting tactics this year.  The finale was neat, when stuff happened that wasn't just in his head (it noticeably interrupted the usual flow of the show).  When something really happens this year, probably in the finale, please report it here so I can resume viewing with only that ep.    

Archived