Legion (FX's Marvel tv series) [SPOILERS]

AncalagonTheBlack

Right so stream of consciousness no one asked for:

That guy sitting in Mind Paris is the Farouk I want. If only for a bit, I just want to see that bastard.

Why a Cat Syd? Cat's are the worst people.

What's with all the hands floating everywhere?

For a second I thought Admiral Fukuyama was Dr Bong, but not so. Apparently the basket thing is done by Komusō Monks to symbolise erasure of ego...

Kerry appeared to tell Syd David had reappeared and then seemed to jump out of Carey not long after. They could have re-assimilated between scenes, but it just jarred me a bit. Also I know a year has passed, but I'd have liked to have seen their trust issues be overcome.

Time period still wildly unclear, (I like this btw) but a bit more pure 70's than we've seen before. Pretty much just the tactical guys were modern.

I like how Syd's fucked up because of her powers, but she is still fucked up. That kettle thing is 100% magical thinking. Also the defining herself by 'her man' is a thing from S1 I liked, David and Syd are both sort of emotionally stunted, they behave like Teenagers when it comes to romance.

David is coming across way creepier than S1. When he's all confused and disoriented, he's kind of adorable, when he's in control he's quite scary.

I like how Syd's waistline is almost perfectly lined up with the gloves. Just looks cool.

Way to totally fail the Bechdel test show: have them talking about both of 'their men.' I hope this is addressed going forward.

Skullheaded Wheelchair man? He popped up in that kids classroom too. I guess he's analogous with the psychosis slime chicken monster.

Carbondating is nowhere near that accurate.

David seemed to have a moustache of his own when he was chatting with the moustache having hive mind.

They are way too committed to that Hexagon hive aesthetic. It's even infected Carey's necklace making.

I fucking live for that threeway dance off.

Nice Terminator Stance David.

The compass is sweet, but symbolically Syd making David her 'True North' is a terrible idea.

Ways to make the future look terrible 101: chop a limb off.

FUCKING PLOT TWIST!

11 hours ago, Astromech said:

This series is so fantastically out there, a visual trip. :) I enjoyed the premiere. I appreciate that we have a more straightforward plot to this season, at least for now, with preventing the Shadow King from finding his body (or future Syd wanting them to let the SK find it?) It remains to be seen what is happening the various timelines. Oliver and the SK being together this season should be a lot of fun.

You think plot is/is going to be straightforward? Man, I felt like, while the premier *really* intrigued me/I'm looking forward to the rest of the season, they set up a *ton* of possible ways this plot could go forward and are going to also introduce a time travel element that will make this anything but straightforward. Hm, maybe just me, but I feel that this season will either end terrifically or be a total dud filled with unsatisfying plot explanations/resolutions/potential holes. We'll see.

10 hours ago, IamMe90 said:

You think plot is/is going to be straightforward? Man, I felt like, while the premier *really* intrigued me/I'm looking forward to the rest of the season, they set up a *ton* of possible ways this plot could go forward and are going to also introduce a time travel element that will make this anything but straightforward. Hm, maybe just me, but I feel that this season will either end terrifically or be a total dud filled with unsatisfying plot explanations/resolutions/potential holes. We'll see.

Seeing an actual goal, at least what at first appears to be an actual goal, is much different from the first season where we really had no clue what was happening until the reveals in the final few episodes of the season. At least this season we know they're chasing down the Shadow King from the start. Will it be straightforward? Almost assuredly not. There will probably be plenty of twists and psychological games, but now knowing the Shadow King and David's past and D3's pursuit of the SK at least creates the appearance of a linear plot.

:) The Red and Green story.

So, is the SK in David now, or are they simply communicating through Oliver? I am assuming he's in David now after seeing the trail of slime from the parasite in his room.

Stream of consciousness:

Got to get that carousel in before American Gods does it right? :P

What are Olivers powers? SK has access to them and his mind stuff. I thought they were reality warping through poetry, but they seem a bit more flexible than that. He dumped Kerry through the ground with just a gesture.

I like this Amahl Farouk actor he looks the part (if admittedly skinnier.)

Who the fuck is Miser Sunday?

That basket head thing I mentioned last week is a thing monks some monks do. Is this a misdirect?

I like how Davids voices, and the thoughts he reads do just pop in with no warning, it's very disorienting.

So inter dimensional travel works like the Windows Media Player Visualiser?

I think that thing about animals not going mad is categorically untrue. Those Orcas kept at seaworld were clearly mentally unwell.

I always figured Farouk would be more of a Arabic speaker, but I suppose if he's Morrocan and very old, he could speak French from it's colonial past.

I kind of liked the mind duel, they do this type of thing in the comics, but it's way more over the top there. I want this.

I liked 'See your future' -> Framed image of the Shadow King.

Good to see that he is keeping copies of them minds he's taken, so he wasn't just acting like Lenny, he was letting her act like herself.

The key to Kerry and Carey splitting is the Banana Splits theme? :lol: That's so dumb, I love it.

I think this is the first time it's been definitively said Melanie is powerless.

What is with all the fucking floating hands?

9 hours ago, Astromech said:

So, is the SK in David now, or are they simply communicating through Oliver? I am assuming he's in David now after seeing the trail of slime from the parasite in his room.

Shadow King is in Oliver, he might have some hooks in David, but he's using Oliver as his body.

I think the slime trail, growing psychosis will become the 'plague' in the future. It's still not clear where David has been since the orb, how he got out or how long he's been out. We know for a fact he was at the disco, where there were teeth chatterers. He could well have been at the other locations too.

On 4/11/2018 at 10:53 AM, Astromech said:

Note that this is coming from someone with no knowledge of the source material at all, so take my prediction with a grain of salt: 

I think the black sludge represents David's descent into madness along with the evolution of his powers, and that he is ultimately either the cause of, or the plague itself. The exacerbation of his mental fracturing, which we are gradually observing more and more, is the "delusion." He probably caused/causes Syd's arm to become ripped off in Future Syd's timeline, and Future Syd wants David to reunite Farouk with his body in order to ultimately help bring down David when he becomes more powerful. 

There is a lot of bittersweet undertone to the second meeting between Future Syd and David, and she makes passing mention of the way he becomes and how he was (or is, in the case of present David) different before that. She also mentions that he kills Farouk in their timeline, which I think foreshadows the rise of his powers and becoming "the bad guy" himself. She says this happened one week past the current timeline - I suspect we see a lot of plot development that occurs rapidly within that time frame. 

I'm probably way off about everything though, lol.   

That's an interesting take. I could see David going bat-shit crazy and being the source of the plague. And Syd coming back is D3's and/or the survivors attempts to rewind time and save the world. I never knew Syd was missing an arm in the future. WTF! How did I miss that?

And no worries about possibly being way off. I usually am. I'll go back to old threads sometimes and laugh about how bad my predictions were.

I just watched the first two episodes OnDemand and set my DVR series recording.  I watch so little on broadcast TV now that it’s too easy to lose track. 

Great start to the season.  It keeps the overall style but freshens it up.  The dance off was great, and I cannot imagine it working on any other show.  The audience is less confused about what’s happening so there’s more room for complicated misdirection.  I live the John Hamm narration. 

The monk may be a Typhoid Mary, but I'm sure the SK "infected" him to start the plague.

I loved Melanie's "choose your own adventure" maze.

I find myself missing the horror aspect that was so prevalent in the first season.

37 minutes ago, Astromech said:

The monk may be a Typhoid Mary, but I'm sure the SK "infected" him to start the plague.

I loved Melanie's "choose your own adventure" maze.

I find myself missing the horror aspect that was so prevalent in the first season.

Because now you know the Boogey Man. ;)

56 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Because now you know the Boogey Man. ;)

Sure, but the little parasite crawling just doesn't sate my thirst for horror. I loved the episodes in David's childhood home last season. Granted this has only been the third episode, but I'm hoping for something creepy soon.

That monk sounded too much like Vin Diesel. I had to take a closer look.

As per usual:

Not really feeling the Jon Hamm segments.

Why keep the body? (ok that was explained later)

Carey/Kerry exploring living apart is nice.

Surely they'd lie them down at least?

Wow what a sealed room that is, it has a fucking hatch you can climb down.

Lenny hanging herself in the background was nice, the gun was too obvious. Love the mundane cruelty of SK.

Speaking of which, I like how assured he is. The little needle about white saviors was a good one.

That boat sushi restaurant, to get to the other side of that table: there needs to be a bridge of somekind. Either you climb under or over it. It has to be a closed loop

The rose garden got me thinking Alice in Wonderland (although I think the roses were Through the Looking Glass?)

Cow (that seems to be spilling ink?) that seems important: better ignore it.

Huh Melanie kind of looks Bowie-ish with that hair.

That RPG :wub:

I don't know about you, but I reckon I could take a disabled manataur, especially with two friends.

There's that cow again. Yep, just ignore it.

HURRY! I got it! With one letter to go so I'm not sure it counts but I feel a small sense of pride.

That Monk going crazy thing was quite nice and horrible.

Didn’t the cow just disappear in the first scene though?

I do think I miss the horror element as well.  There was just something about the possibility of the Angriest Boy popping up in a corner unexpected or the old version of Shadow King.  The show is still great though.  I enjoy the John Hamm voiceovers. :dunno:  I’m a sucker for Don Draper teaching me psychology I guess. :lol: 

I’m still confused by Lenny.  She wants out, but has no body to leave to.  Heck, was she ever even real?  I thought it was a guy that was actually David’s friend and SK put the image of hot female Lenny in his head.  They are both in Oliver’s body, aren’t they?  I’m surprised we don’t see Oliver at least sitting around in these visions.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:04 AM, Rhom said:

I’m still confused by Lenny.  She wants out, but has no body to leave to.  Heck, was she ever even real?  I thought it was a guy that was actually David’s friend and SK put the image of hot female Lenny in his head.  They are both in Oliver’s body, aren’t they?  I’m surprised we don’t see Oliver at least sitting around in these visions.

I remember Lenny asking SK to make her a new body last episode but I'm a little confused by her appearance too. Can the SK make her a new one?

The Syd-focused episode was fantastic. That one scene was tough to watch though.

Archived