Legion (FX's Marvel tv series) [SPOILERS]

AncalagonTheBlack

I am really enjoying it, it seems weird to have a show that on paper not much really happens. It's mostly just going over the same memories the last two episodes, but it's absolutely gripping me.

The horror elements work really well.

The casual reveal of Carey's power was cool, but I'm still not entirely sure what it is. I'm guessing it's a Yin Yang thing. But why does he appear to be the dominant body, why is she so much younger than him?

The conversation about being each other was quite nice.

Also interesting to saee he can have animated conversations with hallucinations/personalities whilst seemingly not moving.

I want to know more about the Eye, he can see beyond the normal spectrum, but there must be more to him than that.

Also they did a really good job of how unhealthy he looked before going to Clockworks.

After all the hiding of the fathers face, I thought we were going to see him portrayed by Dan Stevens just to add to the weirdness, but then we just see him sitting casually at a table.

Also it's just really pretty to watch, I know nothing about cinematography (or even if that's the right word,) but it seems on a different level to most stuff around.

On 23/02/2017 at 5:59 AM, Astromech said:

That dream sequence in David's childhood home was pretty damn creepy. That angriest boy probably creeps me out more than yellow-eyed gray guy.

I wouldn't want to encounter either of them, but if I had to choose I'd definitely say Yellow Eyes is definitely the less creepy of the two. The Angriest Boy is creepy even in book form.

14 hours ago, williamjm said:

I wouldn't want to encounter either of them, but if I had to choose I'd definitely say Yellow Eyes is definitely the less creepy of the two. The Angriest Boy is creepy even in book form.

I used to have nightmares about Frank Sidebottom as a kid so the angriest boy is definitely the more disturbing of the two for me.

Episode 3 felt a bit more like a story to me and was easier to follow. That or I'm just getting used to the storytelling technique for the show.

I'm really digging the horror aspect as that wasn't what I was expecting going into the show. I'm also coming around more to the idea that yellow eyes could be Mojo - there's definitely a "tearing through reality" vibe at play in several scenes now. I think I'd prefer Shadow king or some dark aspect of David himself though.

They're doing a great job creating a sense of angst with all of the weirdness, and with keeping us --for the most part-- in the dark as to what exactly is going on,,, I love not knowing everything --like Westworld-- and then having cool reveals to resolve the confusion, and the tension it causes in the story telling... So as much as I'm digging this, I really hope they have a plan to clue us all in.

couldn't find a deadpool thread but guess this is apt for the Fox superheroes. Russel Crowe has been on twitter in response to fancasting him as Cable and he seems interested in the role.

Given how great he was at doing straight comedy in "the good guys" I actually think he'd be a great foil to Deapool. Plus he'd have a chance to parody his more famous roles as gruff hero. It seems like Pierce Brosnan might have the part given how he keeps cropping up with Ryan Reynolds and discussion of the film but I think Crowe would be excellent.

6 minutes ago, red snow said:

couldn't find a deadpool thread but guess this is apt for the Fox superheroes. Russel Crowe has been on twitter in response to fancasting him as Cable and he seems interested in the role.

Given how great he was at doing straight comedy in "the good guys" I actually think he'd be a great foil to Deapool. Plus he'd have a chance to parody his more famous roles as gruff hero. It seems like Pierce Brosnan might have the part given how he keeps cropping up with Ryan Reynolds and discussion of the film but I think Crowe would be excellent.

It was this one, but it's on page 20 already so you might as well start a new one.

Whilst the forums search is pretty crappy, you can just use Google to search the site for you.

28 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

It was this one, but it's on page 20 already so you might as well start a new one.

Whilst the forums search is pretty crappy, you can just use Google to search the site for you.

I'll try and set a new one up - I might set it up as a general X-men/Fox movie discussion like we have for the Marvel ones as there are several upcoming film and TV projects currently under development.

7 hours ago, Astromech said:

Some answers as to Lenny's identity and David's past, but they raised more questions. Who is King? Who is Oliver? What is David hiding? I'm loving it.

It was another good episode. It's definitely one of those 'every answer just raises more questions' stories. Although it's probably a more straightforward plot than some of the previous episdoes it did have some very strange moments, particularly in the opening scene in the astral plane scenes. David's family not owning a dog was one thing I didn't see coming.

I did like Syd's method for escaping The Eye, although that's a trick that's only going to work once.

I am so loving this. Also when it wants to be, it's really funny. That whole Jazz bit.

For some reason it really noted to me how it is moving beyond just David, and how well it works.

They went with Lenny being semi imaginary in totally not the way I was expecting.

Well I am just here to echo the comments and thoughts most of you have already had. This show has me hooked in the way I thought Taboo was going to get me. Where Taboo never really got me and I never think about it after watching, this one has me very interested.

In the hospital chaos scene when David and Syd switched, Syd killed Lenny with the wall...so how did she know Lenny from that place and kill her if she isn't real? 

The nighttime story, the person reading it to young David very much looks like David, so is this his minds way of remembering that it's a demon inside him that is making him afraid, and telling him that if he gets angry he could hurt people. Is that why the book has the kid killing his mom while angry?

Didn't see the dog thing coming. Syd escaping The Eye was predictable. 

36 minutes ago, dbunting said:

In the hospital chaos scene when David and Syd switched, Syd killed Lenny with the wall...so how did she know Lenny from that place and kill her if she isn't real? 

The nighttime story, the person reading it to young David very much looks like David, so is this his minds way of remembering that it's a demon inside him that is making him afraid, and telling him that if he gets angry he could hurt people. Is that why the book has the kid killing his mom while angry?

Lenny is real, but David has superimposed her on his memories of Benny. So the stuff in the hospital with Lenny was her, but before Clockworks it was Benny.

I thought it looked like him as well, but they've kind of not been back there, and we see his dad sat in the kitchen the episode after.

Alright... so explain Cary to me.

She was born first... then a year later he came out of the mother's womb.  She is "inside" his body somehow?  She can come out for a while and only ages when she's outside?

Does she have any other powers other than that?  I thought in the first episode she was throwing fire or something...

2 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Lenny is real, but David has superimposed her on his memories of Benny. So the stuff in the hospital with Lenny was her, but before Clockworks it was Benny.

I thought it looked like him as well, but they've kind of not been back there, and we see his dad sat in the kitchen the episode after.

Ok, it's just that Lenny and Benny look so similar that it made the confusion even deeper!

As to the dad, when you see the guy reading the book, he doesn't look like the dad who was at the table, to me anyway.

58 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Alright... so explain Cary to me.

She was born first... then a year later he came out of the mother's womb.  She is "inside" his body somehow?  She can come out for a while and only ages when she's outside?

Does she have any other powers other than that?  I thought in the first episode she was throwing fire or something...

I think it's backwards, IIRC he was born first and then 8 years later she came out of his body. He was laying in bed and saw her playing with his train set, thought she was imaginary friend at first.

3 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I think it's backwards, IIRC he was born first and then 8 years later she came out of his body. He was laying in bed and saw her playing with his train set, thought she was imaginary friend at first.

What was the deal with talking about the "native child" and the white child that made the dad think she had been unfaithful then?

Archived