BBC Terry Pratchett Documentary

Manhole Eunuchsbane

That was actually pretty good. I was dubious about the "docu-drama" stuff, but it wasn't really like that. Actor Paul Kayne (Thoros of Myr!) did a Pratchett impersonation but he was reading Pratchett's actual words, from his unfinished autobiography and from his many thousands of words of letters and interviews. It was a lot less intrusive than I thought it would be.

I held it together until Neil Gaiman lost it whilst talking about his last conversation with Terry over scampi and chips.

6 hours ago, Werthead said:

That was actually pretty good. I was dubious about the "docu-drama" stuff, but it wasn't really like that. Actor Paul Kayne (Thoros of Myr!) did a Pratchett impersonation but he was reading Pratchett's actual words, from his unfinished autobiography and from his many thousands of words of letters and interviews. It was a lot less intrusive than I thought it would be.

I held it together until Neil Gaiman lost it whilst talking about his last conversation with Terry over scampi and chips.

Pretty much this, and it was a pretty good impression too, though he couldn't quite get the impediments right.

Gaiman got us both going as well

Archived