Jay and Silent Bob Reboot (TBC)

helenedwards

I love me some Jay and Silent Bob. I loved Mallrats, Clerks, Chasing Amy and Dogma. The Clerks sequel and cartoons was ok I supose. 

I liked  Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back when it came out. I re-watched it years later and thought it was kind of dumb. 

With that being said, I'm wondering if  I will find a sequel dumb as well. Maybe potty mouth pothead humor doesn't do it for me anymore as I approach my mid thirties. Not as much as it did in my early twenties anyway. 

Though I enjoy pot just as much which is strange. :P

54 minutes ago, Real Heir of Bear Island said:

I love me some Jay and Silent Bob. I loved Mallrats, Clerks, Chasing Amy and Dogma. The Clerks sequel and cartoons was ok I supose. 

I liked  Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back when it came out. I re-watched it years later and thought it was kind of dumb. 

With that being said, I'm wondering if  I will find a sequel dumb as well. Maybe potty mouth pothead humor doesn't do it for me anymore as I approach my mid thirties. Not as much as it did in my early twenties anyway. 

Pretty much where I am as well. 

Was on the fence about this when I first heard about it but reading the synopsis actually makes me a bit more hopeful.

Definitely echo the sentiment about Kevins recent output though. I think Red State was the moment I kinda gave up on Kevin Smith, even though ironically I actually went to an early screening of that movie in NYC around the time it came out and talked to Walt Flanagan briefly on my way out (our conversation basically consisted of me saying to him "you're Steve Dave!")

On 2/10/2017 at 6:14 PM, Martini Sigil said:

As a Jersey guy, I have a soft spot for KS....

Same. I always felt like especially in Clerks, Kevin Smith captured the actual Jersey experience way more accurately than anything else in television and film has...with the exception of maybe the Station Agent, but being from a more rural part of the state I get where I would identify with that more than someone whose not from bumblefuck. 

Archived